Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PTO Asian Open...Singapore
Quote | Reply
Here we go boys and girls,let the race week PR begin.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think Lionel has tried swim training with aussie crocs yet

Nice surprise that gustav will be there, pretty sure blu isnt gunning for just another podium so makes it pretty tight for space

Go Max!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do we have a start list yet?
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tribike53 wrote:
Not sure if these are the final start lists as they were posted last month..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure I would want to do a 2KM swim in Marina Bay.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Tribike53 wrote:

Not sure if these are the final start lists as they were posted last month..

Ditlev is out.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewPhx wrote:
Not sure I would want to do a 2KM swim in Marina Bay.

It isn't so bad in there,just really bloody hot in the water and it has to be cleaner than the bloody elephant shit lagoon in Phuket.

What is super interesting about the tri that weekend is the age grouper need proof of swim ability.

From the website:
PTO Asian Open 2023 – Experienced Amateur Race | PTO (protriathletes.org)
"Athletes must be competent swimmers to participate in this event. During registration you will be asked to confirm that you have completed at least three (3) open water swims. You must also submit proof that you have completed an open water swim of distance of 1500m or greater since 1 June 2022 at a pace of 2min30sec per 100m or faster, (ie a time of 37min30sec for 1500m or 47min 30sec for 1900m).

This proof must be uploaded to your registration before 11:59 SST (GMT +8) on Saturday 29 July 2023. Valid proof includes finisher certificate or screenshot of a race result showing event date, athlete name, swim distance and swim time.
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Aug 14, 23 5:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unfortunately, no Magnus Ditlev. After PTO USA he decided not to start in Singapore and focus on Nice.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [dafa13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dafa13 wrote:
unfortunately, no Magnus Ditlev. After PTO USA he decided not to start in Singapore and focus on Nice.

That is a bummer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
dafa13 wrote:

Not surprised. With the men’s WC being a month earlier this year the guys that raced Roth have less time to recover.

That is a bummer.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
dafa13 wrote:

Not surprised. With the men’s WC being a month earlier this year the guys that raced Roth have less time to recover.

That is a bummer.

But not really surprising, he is in a race against the clock to be fit and NOT burned out after roth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iden on Facebook 50minutes ago..
Facebook
Font Romeu camp done. My fitness is getting better, but honestly I have no expectations to perform with the top dogs in @professionaltriathletesorg PTO Asian Open Singapore. Still looking forward to race and explore a new place. My schedule was changed after I was deemed “not good enough” to race the Paris Test Event after spending the first part of the season getting enough points to be on the start list. I made the start list, which in my opinion is “good enough”, but that [/url]is how things are sometimes. Anyway, will do the bike fam in Paris before I head over to Singapore Wednesday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If max doesn’t win doesn’t he get a lactate monitor??

If gustav wins does he change course?

If Kristen wins does triathlon forget two weeks ago and go back to he’s the goat right now?

If Sam laid low low doesn’t cramp is everyone in nice in trouble.

If Magnus wins nice is he the smartest triathlete ever. He makes good decisions.

Is Lange about to take nice as everyone else races too much before sept 10.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy Charles just posted an X-ray of a foot on her IG story, looks like a fracture or something on one of the metatarsals. Not a Dr so don’t know how to read an xray.

She says a video is coming tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Lucy Charles just posted an X-ray of a foot on her IG story, looks like a fracture or something on one of the metatarsals. Not a Dr so don’t know how to read an xray.

In all my years following the sport I don't remember ever seeing so many injuries among the top tier triathletes.
Maybe Monty can tell us if this happened during his racing days,back when the dinosaurs still walked the earth. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Metatarsal of 3rd toe definitely looks fractured. She’s going to be out for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what I'm suppose to do with the Iden social comments. I thought subbing out Iden got Stornes in and on the MTR (along with racing the individual event) which helps Norway a hell of a lot more than Iden finishing 28th this week at the test event.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

In all my years following the sport I don't remember ever seeing so many injuries among the top tier triathletes.
Maybe Monty can tell us if this happened during his racing days,back when the dinosaurs still walked the earth. ;-)

Who else has been injured?

Will be interesting to see how it happened, looks like a fair break, surely couldn't have happened just from running?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a guess from me, but I suspect that the amount of racing is a significant contributing factor. There's ironman, PTO, ITU, super league, etc. Plus, there are those who also racing outside of tri's. LCB has dabbled in a lot in last few years, Blu with is cramping and trying to race PTO and qualify for olympics, etc.

Regarding LCB, I know she's had a bone scan when she had her hip stress fracture, I wonder what it showed about the rest of her. I'm also curious about her history as a kid in sports as that has a significant influence in bone development for girls.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She’s racing the Asian Open so this probably happened a while back when no one was hearing anything from her.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [illtakeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
illtakeone wrote:
She’s racing the Asian Open so this probably happened a while back when no one was hearing anything from her.
yeah this just seems like a post trying to drum up interest in tomorrow's video. holly should really have a premier page up on YT...
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? What's the basis of your assumption? You know it takes bare minimum of 4 weeks of mostly non-weight bearing (and that's rare case, and usually 6-8 weeks to heal)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in her stories she's swimming and biking so it just feels like this is an older injury. i could absolutely be dead wrong though.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Do you understand what a stress/bone fracture is and what is required for it to heal?

2) Do you understand what non-weight bearing means (main intervention for a fracture of the lower extremity)? sure you can swim but not much beyond that, and you'd have to be on crutches for all other activities. how do I know? because I've had a stress fracture and trained professionally (though in infectious disease, I collaborate with and manage a lot of orthopedic patients with bone damage).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no dude. i'm just a random guy on a message board. i guess we will see tomorrow whether she's out of PTO Asia or not...
Quote Reply

Prev Next