Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Sub17Project] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely, I think it could be something like that. Hopefully temporary but he definitely doesn't have his mojo going. It happens, though, and time will hopefully heal. It may be best for him to take some time off and refocus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sub17Project wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Man down
And Iden stopped

Yeah he looks like a very sad human right now.

He might very likely be suffering from depression right now. Losing his mother is such a massive loss. I hope eventually he can recover from such a difficult situation. Loss of a loved one stays with you forever. I know the feeling and it affects everything else.
There is definitely something off with him right now.He just seems totally distracted. I hope he can turn it around even if this trip just allows him to hang out with all the Tri-geek Pro's and have a little bit of fun.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [rhdevries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just interviewed Iden. When the lady asked him about Blu's chances he responded, "Pieter, he's a smart racer and a strong runner... Kristian's sometimes not the smartest racer, but makes choices during races..."

Haha, that was pretty funny.
Last edited by: rhdevries: Aug 20, 23 2:41
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KB has 2 minutes plus to catch. I predict he will push to get Heemeryck in his sights, but too hard and suffer in the conditions in the third third (6 of 18km). Or he'll stay controlled and settle for a podium (probably not in his vocabulary), given Paris two days ago and Lahti in 7 days (!)
One to watch: West, with wings! (for another second place)
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 20, 23 3:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heemryck looking like the t1000 running:

Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
I’m actually shocked that you’ve watched a PTO broadcast and an IM broadcast and think they’re even remotely in the same ballpark.

The best "PTO" broadcast was the first one. Challenge Daytona. As we continue forward, they continue to degrade in various spaces. From directing being poor to now commentating being substandard.

IM? Well they never came at me and told me that they would deploy the best ever triathlon broadcast. Which these guys continue to say is what they are.

Yes, I'm expecting world class race product and definitely not getting it. I'm not a cheerleader for Ironman's broadcast product, but this current product from these guys has reverted close to the mean.

They said they've bring data to the table in ways that we'd never seen, hasn't happened in any broadcast and when Jack talked about splits for the Milwaukee race he was couldn't see the forest for the trees as he fawned over Gentle.

But I'm a triathlon nerd just like you, I'll watch it if it's there. I'll give the comms a chance, and if they suck they go on mute. ( just like when I watch an Ironman produced broadcast)

If you truly believe Ibiza, Milwaukee and now Singapore aren't better than Challenge Daytona, then you are just anothet random internet troll and not a fan of the sport. You're nothing more than a contrarian as any fan would know these past few events have been amazing races.

The future PTO format has a chance to actually make our sport a huge spectator sport, which there is no reason it shouldn't be. These are the best athletes in the world and it's fast world class racing.

If you dislike Jack Kelly then you're clueless. He is the future as a commentator. No one shares his excitement and enthusiasm. It's unmatched. I'm sorry, but Carfrae, Crowie and others are boring af. Kelly is a much needed hype man for the sport. Every other spectator sport has some type of excitement. Have you ever watched ESPN or similar? They don't have boring commentators sitting around sipping tea and eating crumpets. Triathlon needs something better. Macca was onto something with Super League. PTO is the future and boring crap like IM long course is looking to be already in the not so distant past.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Language old chap, its sunday
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lacticturkey wrote:
Language old chap, its sunday
I'm never going to get into Heaven......Apparently Hell is where the party people go so I am cool with that. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cant please everyone apparently, even with all types of commentary represented
- composed multiple champion
- excited knowledgeable superfan
- professional sports commentator

The camera angles are impressive too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't really hear what Crowie and Jack said that wasn't fit for broadcast.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s a cafe in New Zealand called the bugger cafe. It’s hardly considered a swear word is it?
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runningeconomy wrote:
Didn't really hear what Crowie and Jack said that wasn't fit for broadcast.
Jack was talking about the bike mechanic and said "He's gone Bugger this, I'm grabbing Mike Phillips bike"
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After one lap (6km), KB leaving T2 1:50 down has gained 23 seconds on Heemeryck. At that rate, will not catch.
But KB has now surged (or Heemeryck tiring) in last 2km. Looking at West/KB gap. it's KB surging.
But West has gained only 34 seconds on KB. Again: not looking he'll catch (though into 3rd).
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 20, 23 3:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is obvious taste differs. I have the opposite postion on nearly every single view you have on this.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we have our podium set as they are running now.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow_bob wrote:
It is obvious taste differs. I have the opposite postion on nearly every single view you have on this.

The traditional view of this sport has caused it to stagnate and regress in terms of viewership. Embracing change is important for the long term health of the sport. It will evolve and those that don't will be left behind.

If you don't like the direction of the sport and PTO then people should go watch lawn darts, disc golf or tennis.
Last edited by: Sub17Project: Aug 20, 23 3:17
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enjoying the race live on Eurosport here in Norway.
Norwegian commentator who uses a lot of splits.

Blu looks strong today. He is having an ok weekend. Paris and Singapore.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh! Didn't think of how one can change language in the app. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Yes use of splits to give insight v important. West has gained 2:39 on Heemeryck in 12km (end Lap 2) and has 1:53 to catch on this final lap. Hunter mentality will mean West will catch. KB can only lose this by suffering his sudden injury routine.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Asian Open...Singapore [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
22 languages
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Yes use of splits to give insight v important. West has gained 2:39 on Heemeryck in 12km (end Lap 2) and has 1:53 to catch on this final lap. Hunter mentality will mean West will catch. KB can only lose this by suffering his sudden injury routine.

A third place for West would be disappointing. Imo he should be no worse than second on paper in this field.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At 14.5k

Blu (47.37 running split)
Heemeruck 1.12 back (50.41 running split)
West 2.42 back ( 47.38 sunning split)

Blu is now the fastest runner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the global broadcast? The GCN/Eurosport broadcast available in Europe offers me 8 languages. But good time to work on my Norwegian. 🙂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
West no longer catching Heemeryck.
Long desperately trying to catch Baekkegard, but only a mile to go: reckon Long will stay in #5 (same position as Milwaukee).
Like KB Long is racing Lahti in 7 days!
But Chevrot is charging!!
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 20, 23 4:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Blu (1.00.30 run split)
2. Heemeryck 2.08 ( 1.04.19 run split)
3. West 3.15 (1.01.03 run split)
Quote Reply

Prev Next