Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P5 spy shot [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Integrated bento box?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look between the stem and first bolt. There is an oval hole it appears. right behind the stem. Maybe a shadow?

Last edited by: BMANX: Jan 16, 12 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i wonder if you can use a normal stem. im really starting to loathe these integrated front ends.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh come on the stack on that thing is only a foot and a half at least on one of them the other doesn't look that bad.
Last edited by: Grant.Reuter: Jan 16, 12 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could add this...

Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait I have fans?!?!

AWESOME!!

Jimmy Archer
Pro Triathlete/Coach/Freelance Writer
http://www.jimmyarcher.com
http://www.dirttri.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by djciii [ In reply to ]
Re: P5 spy shot [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think (but of course I'm not positive) that, based on the pic, that just looks like a shadow from the stem.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right! bmc all the way!

ihatecoldwater
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could add this in the comparison

Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [Luis B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
according to them aerodynamics isn't testable so that is thrown out haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at all of the forks, I can see why this might be the most aero set up. They are so deep and I am sure thin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Looking at all of the forks, I can see why this might be the most aero set up. They are so deep and I am sure thin.
I don't know, I think they may be thicker on the leading edge than you might think given the way they've done most of their smart wall technology.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is it fair to think that the pictures which were taken from the P5 site are one version of the bike and the picture in the first post are another version(kind of like the SC9 and SC7)?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the actual blades themselves and not the frontal area. I think maybe a bit wider overall but thinner blades that are longer might allow the wind to pass a bit better.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [Luis B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luis B wrote:

we're talking about superbikes, not super bricks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SeasonsChange wrote:
Luis B wrote:

we're talking about superbikes, not super bricks.
zing!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to know where the DI2 battery is on the P5. I can't make out anywhere on the frame. BB somewhere? Integrated battery of some kind?

Also, the bars appear to have some sort of built in computer integration but it appears that there then wouldnt be room for a between the arm bottle. And, those two bottle bosses on the downtube/the single boss at the bottom, above the bottom bracket appear to be for either some sort of integrated (but removable) bottle mount and/or some sort of storage. It just seems like hydration might be a concern for long course.

Any thoughts on maybe those bars being an easy off sort of set up? Meaning that because its got hydraulic brakes, maybe those bars are easily removable with some sort of hydraulic connection between the bars and the frame. Though I guess you still have the wires from DI2 running through there some how.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also on the UCI, non-UCI front, I wouldn't be surprised if this became at least 75% of the Cervelo TT/Tri line to maximize R&D development - See the shielded and non-shielded front brakes, probably have options bars like the Speed Concept, add in options like drivetrain, hydraulic brakes, varying degrees of integrated electronics, paint, etc. P2 or P3 becomes entry-level with the molds long-ago fully amortized, P4 goes away.

Head down, thumbs up, give'r
@barrettdj
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mfrassica wrote:
Wow, if the head and seat "tubes" get any longer they are going to meet in the middle and end up looking like a Trimble Aero-bike from the 80's. If it is non UCI, just enclose the rear triangle and be done with it, the ultimate in shading the rear wheel from air flow.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/...0610/aerotrimble.jpg

Can you say "skin drag" or "frontal area"? ;)

None of the new photos show the non-drive side. I guess the jury is still out on the mono-stay issue.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, Ok, point taken. Maybe Cervelo could dimple the whole thing and reduce surface drag, taking a trick from Zipp? Or maybe that will be the P6...
Quote Reply
Re: P5 spy shot [Abu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds me a lot of the new Cannondale "super" slice. Of course with a much better seat post
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There doesn't look to be any shifting on the brake levers like the Di2 brake shifters? Any insight from someone?
Quote Reply

Prev Next