Prev Next
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it looks like they picked a nice color for the finish line volunteers' t shirts
can't see much else though

Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Jocke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, Victor just came in a few seconds ahead of Tom, but they both looked really really happy. Tom had some really bad foot issues that he had to drop out of Kona for. That was a big dissappointment for him, but he appears to have made the right decision to play it in favour of getting healthy and fight "another day". He is also one of the older pros out there, so making this type of comeback from barely being able to walk must feel special.

You gotta hand it to Tom to race like that from wire to wire with a big X across your back. He was saying that he's never actually passed someone in a triathlon (I could be wrong). He is so fast from the gun that the only thing that has ever happened is that he's had people pass him! Imagine racing for 139 miles 2 years in a row and having Victor close the gap....and for Victor to pull this off two years in a row is amazing. Hopefully, both of they guys will have an extra month of recover before Kona and can do some serious damage there!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My daughter is volunteering and is at the finishers table with all the shirts and medals. She has been sending me pictures all day from her cell phone. She is more than thrilled to have seen Lance Armstrong, Matthew McConnaughey and George Clooney!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is every IM coverage except Hawaii lame and has real bad production? If they get PNF and Greg to do a coverage why don´t they show some interesting pictures too?
Anyway, a good race to bad for Tom he got caught in the last miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't believe Tom is doing Kona this year. I believe he said he is done racing there and is focusing on IM Canada.

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [vols fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on, she is not sending out pics of Jonnyo? What's he doing out there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom ran a 2:56:08 to Victors 2:47:04.

-

Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I call bullshit on that. Dr. Tommy has unfinished business in Kona. Last year he got off the bike with the Faris group and in his own words said that he was barely working. He dropped out when his PF (which he was nursing through the fall) flared up, but had lots of juice to do a good marathon there.

With his 2:56, which he did today, which I believe is a PB, he'll likely get all fired up, knowing that if he can put a similar run together in Kona then he can finish high up there. The guy can back up a good swim-bike with a solid run. He knows it too. In Kona unlike CDA, there will be lots of company on the bike. In fairness to Victor, he'll be coming off the bike 15 min behind the group that a guy like Tom is in...then its a matter of who can not blow up and run 2:55 or lower...that gets you pretty high up in the Top 10 if you can be in the lead swim-bike (aside from Norman) crowd.

My money is on him taking the Kona slot!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rhodesy in 5th...YES!!! ((double fist pump)) glad to see he hung on.

that dude had such terrible luck last season, but some good results so far this year

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Official Race Day Ironman CDA Thread [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Rhodesy in 5th...YES!!! ((double fist pump)) glad to see he hung on.

that dude had such terrible luck last season, but some good results so far this year[/reply]

Isn't that the truth about the bad luck! Very glad to see him hanging on for 5th.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those were his words not mine. I hope your right though and he changes his mind and gives it at least one more solid shot!

I'm still waiting for the promised interview with him from the finish tent...maybe he will shed some light on it...come on Welchy!

-