Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hope emilio wasn't watching what i just saw....

dude walking out of the water, goes to take off his wetsuit top, gets it stuck and almost falls over! someone had to keep him up.
Did you catch the woman trying to run out of the water with her wetsuit completely off except for one leg? Had the rest bundled up in her arms and kept having to gather it in while trying to run. Every time that leg stepped forward it would yank it out of her arms again. I think if I went to the trouble to get it down to one leg left in the suit while still in the water I'd just go ahead and finish removing it. Of course, she's there and I'm not so I'm not really qualified to say much. I just don't understand making it more difficult for no good reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"A bucket...if you haven't puked in it you could be going harder."
- Lazy Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [LWP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so they get credited with finishing the swim just because they stood up? I wonder how many are not going to make it?

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was a bit bizarre...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so really that HSBC arch doesn't mean shit. So can they be in the dismount position on the bike with 20 miles to go when the time expires to make the cut off too?

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Madonna Buder has completed the swim in 1:31:18, all at the young age of 77."

Athletes like this impress me more than anything else at races. Last I heard her goal was to open up the womens 80+ age group at Kona

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike - 65 Km 1. KIERAN DOE 2. WOLFGANG GUEMBEL 8:00 3. TORSTEN ABEL 8:05 4. JONATHAN CARON 8:07 5. MARKUS RESSLER 8:09 6. JAMIE CLEVELAND 9:47 7. JORDAN RAPP 11:00 8. KYLE MARCOTTE 13:01 9. SCOTT CURRY 13:07 10. ANDRIY YASTREBOV 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]i guessed him 6min back of doe out of the water, so 4:12 back is a great swim for him. if he'd have been bale to hang onto that 51min pack... argh...

i'm guessing he carves 1min out of doe for every 15mi of riding until he catches him, which oughta be at about 60mi in. then i think he'll take 1min out of him every 10mi. i'll guess rapp into T2 with a 5min lead on the major contenders.[/reply]

You must have missed how Doe was riding in Roth for instance...I doubt very much anyone is going to end up in the same zip code at the end of the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you catch the interview with the girl out of the water at 2:28.....Mike Reilly asked her if she was coming back next year and her response was, "No - but I'll be going to the World Championships in Kona instead". Who are these people?????

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Did you catch the interview with the girl out of the water at 2:28.....Mike Reilly asked her if she was coming back next year and her response was, "No - but I'll be going to the World Championships in Kona instead". Who are these people?????[/reply]

Ironman North America's new target audience
Last edited by: pokey: Aug 26, 07 9:37
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you are people like gordo (and others) using the "patience" strategy and save it for the run and you are now in a position where its getting difficult to think this strategy will result in the win, when do you to say to yourself on the bike its time to push harder than you'd prefer if you want to have any chance of winning? most of us are racing ourselves - not others, but if you are a pro going for the win you have to think adjustments in strategy are required based on how others are doing on the day.....i.e. someone being 20 mins ahead of you half way through the bike. Peter Reid commented on this about why he did not get closer to Stadler in 2004....did not adjust his strategy based on what others were doing on the day. Or maybe they can't go faster on the bike regardless....possibility I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [he143552] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure that is possible. You race what you train. If you didn't have it in you in the first place to go faster on the bike then how does having someone farther in front of you suddenly make you able to go faster on the bike and still turn the same run time.

I could see if you are a minute or two behind where you thought you would be but that is alot more.

Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [he143552] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My buddy Wolfgang seems to be riding well in second, I think he's got the potential to run 3:00-05ish if things are clicking. Today could be a big step in his career if he's able to stay in the mix.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gordo is a smart experienced racer and experienced on hauling ass on this course. I don't think he'll give up double digits to anyone except Doe and Rappstar on the bike. Rappstar will need to run sub 3:10 and Jonnyo will need to run sub 3 cause I bet Gordo comes flying through in around 2:50 :-). Either way, I am cheering for all three of these dudes, and I just hope they all have solid races. Personally, I like the Rappstar style of racing (ST approved fast to T2), but he's also proven himself over the 101 distance...this should be good. Also keep in mind that Rappstar raced a very studly ITU race in Kelowna last weekend and was looking pretty darn sharp, chasing the lead pack solo and giving no time away to the lead pack and still running 35 minutes after that hard effort.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have mixed feelings on this one. can anyone tell me with a straight face that there are people who DID the work, but are naturally shitty enough swimmers that they can't finish inside 2:20? Should I feel bad for someone who took a spot and didn't bother to do the work, hoping they could "grit it out" on race day?

That is a new brand of stupid, if that's what they think...

runfatmanrun.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else having a problem playing the LIVE feed?
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [itseazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ian, your buddy Wolfgang is a "darkhorse" in that he is unknown to the triathlon media. But if people follow some of the 70.3 results, they will know that he has been on fire this season. He just won Steelhead a few weeks back and I believe was second at the Newfoundland 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM Canada Thread [artie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM LOU update...
THE Sergio is in 8th off the bike!!!!!!!

Quote:

The top 10 men starting the run
RACETIME: 05:58
Leading the men is TJ TOLLAKSON (#26). It's a close race between the American Ironrookie and Australia's Chris McDonald. After serving his penalty, Hans Muehlbauer flew out of T2, and should be in the top-10 soon.

Here are the splits for the top 10:
* CHRIS MCDONALD (#3) at 1:50
* CRAIG MCKENZIE (#2) at 9:52
* IVAN ALBANO (#10) at 14:25
* CHRIS HAUTH (#7) at 15:25
* GERNOT SEIDL (#42) at 16:35
* SERGIO MARQUES (#4) at 18:27
* PETR VABROUSEK (#1) at 18:53
* KEVIN LISSKA (#19) at 18:53
* ALEX TAUBERT (#5) at 19:43

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com