Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome - thanks for the insights! I must have been looking at the wrong Canyon geometry or something.

Just ordered the small! Thanks again for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [JohnB250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JohnB250 wrote:
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ian ,
x = 450 ( mid pad ) y = 620 Seat Height = 725 My Height = 172 Weight = 64 Cranks = 172.5
I have been looking at the CF SLX size small, is that correct ?

John,
With a Pad Y of 620 you're better off on a Medium. The Max Pad Y on a Small is 620 and that's with everything under the pad. If you got to a Medium then all you need is 25mm of pedestal and that's pretty much dead center of the range of Pad Y on the Medium you have room to move in the future. Now, about that Pad X of 450 you'll need the short stem (easy, it comes stock on the bike), you need to mount the arm cups all the way back (easy), you also need an aftermarket item that Canyon sells for the SLX called TSP (Team Switch Plate) and you'll need that to pull the pads back another little bit to get to 450.

Ian

Hello again Ian,

Would this also be the same for the CF ?

Thanks

asking again as I think you missed this a few posts back.

John
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
I am very interested in buying a Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Zipp. I am just after some advice on which size might fit me best. My details are as follows:

Pad Y: 660
Pad X: 520
Cranks: 155
Height 184cm

Also, could you tell me if the Zipp 808/404 combo sold with this model are tubeless ready?

Many Thanks,

Will
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian, I'm looking at teh Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 SL

184cm tall, inseam length is 87cm.

Main racing will be half ironman, but I may do Challenge Roth next year, and other fulls.

Generally I am not supple. I can only touch toes with lots of stretching. My setup on the bike is that I lean forward (seat tilts down). See my setups below. For the felt, seat tip was actually in front of BB. I have tried flattening the seat, and things get numb and sore very quickly...

I don't have the stats (have some for the Felt - but that was 2014: see diagram. I dont' have stack and reach).
The ARGON was end of 2016
I would like to use shorter cranks (Canyon dont offer shorter).... and have used 170mm before and they were great.

Thanks....
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [redzebra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Hx 540
Hy 688
Saddle height 923

This fit was 2 years ago. Hy is a little lower due increased flexibility.

Tony
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [wjwatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I’m looking at the CF 8.0 SL

wjwatts,
Pad Y of 700, Pad X(c) of 490 for a CF. There are two ways to go here and to make the bike perfect for you you'll have to tweak either option. Here's the complete run down..

A size XL....The XL can achieve your Pad Y of 700, and to get the Pad X to work you'll have to get an 80mm stem Canyon or otherwise (90 comes stock).

A size LG...The LG can achieve your Pad X of 490 (with stock stem), and to get the Pad Y to work you'll need to acquire added arm pad pedestal. To get the total low down on the size Large and the Pad Y read this post #379 on page 16 of this thread (just click here and jump to the page) https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...CF_SLX__P6798762-16/

Get back to me with questions.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi - thanks in advance for your help!

I’m interested in a Speedmax CF SLX 9.0 LTD.

Pad Stack (y) - 693mm ( although I’d like to go lower)
Pad reach (x) - 500mm ( to back of the pad )

I’m 5’10.5 with a 31” inseam and a long torso and very long arms.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

First post here, hopefully of many to come. Pulled the trigger on a Speedmax SLX in size medium, now awaiting customer service to contact me about the final configuration. I could like some advice on stem length and expected spacer usage. Also planning to take the tilt kit as I've added a bit of tilt to my current bike setup (2016 Cannondale Slice hi-mod – great machine but totaled in a crash..)

Some measurements based on my I’m 179cm:

Saddle Height: 763 mm
Arm Pad Reach: 458 mm
Arm Pad Drop: -99 mm
Arm Pad Stack BB: 653 mm

Grip Width: 84 mm
Arm Pad Width: 224 mm

Arm Pad to Grip Reach: 371 mm
Grip Reach: 829 mm

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [redzebra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian - I see this pic didnt upload. Hope the quality is okay.

Hoping to make the order this week! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Looking to order a SLX 8.0 once they're back in stock. It appears I'm right on the line size wise at approx. 73.5 inches tall. Problem is, I don't know pad x y or anything like that (which is sad for someone that's been competing for 20 years).

What do I need to do to determine the appropriate size to order?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Hope you can help me. I want to go for the Speedmax CF 7.0 or 8.0. According to Canyon size M would fit but I am thinking to get size S. Or maybe a shorter stem length is needed for size M?

Here is my data:
Height: 180cm
Inseam 868
Pad X: 485
Pad Y: 629
Saddle height: 762
Crank length: 165

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian

Hope you can help me. I'm looking to get a Canyon Speedmax CF but seem to be between a size S and M. I've had a retul fit on my previous bike and have the following info;
Saddle height 760
Arm pad stack (Y) 684
Arm pad reach (tip of saddle horizons to back of arm pad) 466
Arm pad drop 62
Arm pad reach (x) 444

I'm 175cm tall and and inseam of 83cm. According to Canyon site this puts me on a Small but the max saddle height of the small is less than the saddle height from my retul fit.

I'm guessing a medium but would appreciate your advice.

Many thanks
Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI for everyone here: I just received my new Speedmax CF (Size L) as I returned my medium size last July and they finally deliver this bike with much shorter aerobar extensions, so much less likely you will need to cut them shorter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to preface the following question by saying "yes, I am planning on a thorough fitting between now and Christmas (my MIL is friends with an amazing fitter in our area, so I've already put a fitting with her on my Xmas list)."

I'm eyeballing a few models in advance to have an idea which bikes might work for me, in the event that my fitter asks which models interest me. The Canyon CF 8.0 (I'm female and would be happy with either the men's or women's models, as they appear to not be any different. My road bike is a 2011 men's Cannondale SuperSix in 48cm. I have a super low rent KHS tri bike in XS that I picked-up for cost, but it's never really been fit properly to me and I mostly just ride it in the basement while zwifting) is high on my list (along with Liv, Fuji, and Kestrel). What I do know from road bike fitting is that my inseam is 30" at 5'3". My arms are probably a bit on the short side. Flexibility is average. Canyon's basic fit recommendation puts me on an XS for the Speedmax, but XXS for their road bikes. I've seen enough commentary here suggesting that the Speedmax runs large, so I wonder if there's much likelihood that the Speedmax would work for me. I've been doing sprint-to-olympic distance dus (with a Powerman on my bucketlist) for nearly a decade and am generally the 2nd fastest in my AG (and sometimes overall) on the bike...only behind a woman who has a legit TT/tri bike. I'd really like a shot to not keep losing to her as soon as we hit the bike leg, every damned time! :p

Thanks in advance for any input.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Last edited by: zoomydu: Sep 29, 19 13:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

I am currently riding a 2010 felt B14 in 54cm. It is definitely too small for me but the price was right and it got me started in the sport. I also never had a professional fitting because i didn't want to dump too much money into a bike i knew I wasn't going to have long term. I measured my pad x and pad y but they are far from what they should be for my size I'm sure. I am looking at the speedmax 7.0 and the 8.0. Thanks.

Height 5'11.5"
Inseam 33"
Pad x 430mm
Pad Y 670mm

Here is a pic of me riding in a 70.3 last month

Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.
Last edited by: Shyland83: Oct 15, 19 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [JohnB250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Would this also be the same for the CF ?

JohnB250,

I'm catching up...
With the Pad Y of 620 and Pad X of 450 the CF prescription would be a size small and the 80mm stem that comes out it will be perfect with arm cups dead center. You'll be slammed to get to 450, the bottom is 447 - that's a good look!!!

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Would love to have your input - I happened across a 2019 Speedmax CF WMN in Medium... I can live with the pink but wanted to know how to hit my numbers (649 / 434).

This fit was a while ago and might be a little on the aggressive side, but from what I can see I should be able to hit a less aggressive fit too...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Ing.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,
Would love to have your input - I happened across a 2019 Speedmax CF WMN in Medium... I can live with the pink but wanted to know how to hit my numbers (649 / 434).
This fit was a while ago and might be a little on the aggressive side, but from what I can see I should be able to hit a less aggressive fit too...
Thanks

Ing.

The Pad Y of 650 is no problem, it's nicely centered in the CF Medium range - which is good as you've got some room up and down to play with that "aggressiveness". The Pad X of 434...hmmm, I'm betting that's to the back of the pad so let's say the Pad X to center if 484 and yes, that too is nicely in the range of the CF medium. GET THAT BIKE!!!

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only need telling once! Thank you, sir.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian! Very specific question, but curious if you know the answer. I got new aero extensions for my CF SLX to replace the stock ones. I love the Ergon grips and am hoping to transfer them over, but they seem impossible to get off of the stock extensions. Do you know if this is possible / do you have any tips on how to best accomplish this?

Thanks!

-------
Anders
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [AMC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I love the Ergon grips and am hoping to transfer them over, but they seem impossible to get off of the stock extensions. Do you know if this is possible / do you have any tips on how to best accomplish this?

Anders,

I don't have a complete answer for this but I do have some suggestions based on years of removing BMX grips. Try and - carefully - slip a really small flat head screwdriver between the grip and the bar and just slip it round the circumference of the bar. The goal here would be to break the bond (glue?) between the grip and the extension. Don't pry it up as I worry you'll tear the grip. If/when you do get it off and go to install on the new extension - I want to recommend you go to the travel section of your local drugstore and get a tiny tester of hairspray. Coat the inside of the grip and the end of extension. It should slide on easily and then dry in place forever.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian - I don’t think you saw my post. If you have a minute I would love a reply! I’m hoping to order in the next 30 days. I think I’m a medium but I figure I would double check :)

Sep 10, 19 19:36
Post #558 of 572 (1102 views)

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know of any plans to release the Speedmax CF SLX in an XS? It appears that there are pro women on XS frames?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

I'm thinking of moving from Cervelo to a speedmax.

My current current bike is Cervelo P3 XS and the Canyon online calculator indicates S size, however i think based on my measurements i could better suited to Canyon XS.

- Pad stack = 600mmm (center of pad)
- Pad reach = 440m (center of pad)
- Saddle seatback from BB = -15mm
- Stem 85mm
- Height = 168cm
- Inseam = 78cm
- Saddle height = 760mm
- Crank length = 170mm (thinking of moving to 160 or 165mm).
- Saddle is ISM Attack
- Aeroba = Sonic Ergo 50a (armrest placement is center)

Look forward to your feedback

Anthony
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [EquatorTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

EquatorTri,

Thanks for the rebump.
For the SLX using Pad Y of 693 and Pad X of 550 (Canyon measures to the center of the pad). The Pad X of 550 is no problem, the large will get to 550 on the short stem that comes stock on the bike. You'd simply move the arm cups out to the maximum (552) or back one hole ~540 and you'd have something you'd love. The Pad Y is trouble spot. The maximum Pad Y on the biggest bike (large) is 685. Typically I'm good with 2, 3, even 4mm off of fit coordinates but this 8 and that troubles me. I don't know how long ago this fit was done or if you have the ability to go lower. I'd be so curious to know your arm pad elevation (aka drop).

The CF on the other hand...you'd fit on the XL bike (Y range is 634-721) and you'd need to remove the 90mm stem that comes stock on that bike and install a 110stem to get the length in the cockpit you need.

Get back to me with questions if you have 'em.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply

Prev Next