Quote | Reply
Chris here:

33 until the 28th of this month.

Single.

CA born and raised.

No kids.

This is my 10 year of triathlons!

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
38 married 14 years

three kids keegan 13, kloby 8 piper 7

one dog boxer trinny

2 1/2 bikes - kinda gave one to the mrs.

work for a college - but really goof off mostly

lots of tri stuff, but always wanting more

living a life in total chaos - and like it most of the time

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Single, Tri for 2 years, riding my bike forever, no kids that I have been made aware of...

2 bikes (Trek and Zipp), 1 car (Audi A4), good roads to ride on, good job, good family, a few close friends, HD Olympics...what more could I ask for?? (oh, and I adore women whose names begin with 'M' or 'S'...or 'A'...)

Keith
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [BriBri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he was making himself happy so he would be easier to live with for you. Therefore his gift to you was his being in a better mood and less cranky.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
34, married for four and half years to best friends sister, she has done some tris but isnt hooked yet, 9 month old daughter (today is 9mo b-day) and another child due in January, one crazy dog, one tri/road bike and one mountain bike. in marketing/organizational management. Also ski, sail and play hockey.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [BriBri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
23-one year out of school-miss the life of training and doing whatever I felt like it...making a living is a tough adjustment...working is good, but wouldn't mind finding a career that is suitable to training and racing as well as supports this expensive lifestyle...any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
32, married two years. She eats healthier than anyone I've ever met, and is a great influance there. First kid will be showing up in about 8 weeks, conveniently a few weeks after biggest race this year. 3 bikes. I do not run enough but enjoy cycling so much more. Looking to buy a house and a dog, in that order. Live in Boston, travel constantly for work.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [greensneakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42 years old, married for 19 years to a wonderful woman who supports everything I do. She actually pushed me into buying my Guru bike, even though I have a good road and mountain bike. 18 year old daughter entering her 2nd year of college and a 9 year old son who will enter 4th grade next week. My daughter is doing her 1st tri the 2nd week of September. My son had done 4 kids tri's. And finally 1 two year old Chesapeake Bay retriever. My wife was training to do Danskin, but had a auto accident which has resulted in ongoing back pain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh, 32, un-married but in a four year relationship (2 years living together), two houses, two cars, BS, MS, no pets, 789 radios, no kids (never want any), three bikes, anything else?
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [jonathanb565] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why am I asking... I guess slowtwitch is my entertainment of the day ( I spend a lot of time here, very useful) and I came to realize that slowtwitchers loves these threads!!! Can't you tell? Let's get to know each other a little better game, that's it :-)
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
he was making himself happy so he would be easier to live with for you. Therefore his gift to you was his being in a better mood and less cranky.
You are my new best friend!

Marty Gaal, CSCS
One Step Beyond Coaching
Triangle Open Water Swim Series | Old School Aquathon Series
Powerstroke® Freestyle Technique DVD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
39, married 9 years next Thursday to a professor of nutrition who changed my diet from coffee, beer and cheese slices to skinless chicken and vegetables. I don't know how I ever survived university. Two choclate labs, no kids yet, 6 bikes and doing pediatric research in Winnpeg, Canada. Life is good.

Evan Nitschmann
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
31, single, never been married, no kids, living in a little area tucked between seal beach and long beach CA.....

1 t/t, 2 road, 2 mountain, 1 track, 3 cats, 1 fretted bass, 1 fretless bass, 1 classical guitar....

massage therapist and bike mechanic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20. single. going to University right now. Hopefully medschool afterwards. 1 bike (Heavily Modded Chron'Alu), 1 IM under the belt...

umm...what else?

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
45, so right off the bat, nobody cares what I say for the rest of this. One wife, 16 years. Two kids. One dog. 4 snakes. Soon to be 3. Anybody want a baby northern watersnake? They do not adapt well to pet-hood, aparently.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [Race4LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Married 6 years (Valentines 98)"

-------------

Hey Race4LV,

We were married on the same day!!!

We're (my bride and I) 44.

3 kids - 5 - girl, 3 - girl, and 1 - all boy. (we're working faster than you, but probably have less time :-))

8 bikes - I claim 2, but call several of them my wives so I don't look like I am over doing it. One has training wheels and 2 are trikes!

24th year of doing Tri's. So far, 135 Tri's (12 IMs), and mountain bike for fun. My recent wreck and separated shoulder is the 1st time I've been knocked out of a race (IMLP).

My wife is a textile scientist (former supplex and tactel product manager) and I am an attorney.

I can't imagine life being much better!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see..yep it is fun....yer right!!!

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [lizzer6917] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pharmaceutical sales...:-)

Very,Very competative though..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
36 - Leo

Single - Divorced for 4 years

1 15-year-old son (Justin) that lives with me

I enjoy moonlite walks on the beach, sappy movies and fine cusine....

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
33 y/o male, married almost 8 years to wonderful non-tri'ing wife. Two daughters - one 3 and 1/2 and one 6 months. One large fit rhodesian ridgeback, two fat cats, one phat Cervelo P3 and a Raleigh road bike.

OT
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok age 36,married 14 years.one 4 year old rock and roll girl. 1 five year old springer(barley) that does sleep in our bed. raced expert bmx,sport mt bike and started doing tri's last year. 1 iron distance so far and signed up for IMAZ. would love to retire in moab and hike and bike and snowshoe for a living(and homebrew).

'STICK EM UP PUNK ITS THE FUN LOVING CRIMINAL'
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"but, more importantly, she's potty trained"

That seems impressive given that she's only 28 months. We have a 3-year old and we're working hard to get her there. Any secrets you can share?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
61, married for 39, she got me running 7 years ago, 5 years ago I got a running injury that got me cross training on a bike and I discovered triathlon and slowtwitch. 1 girl (36), 1 boy (34), 1 grandchild on the way (-4 months), 2 Shelties, snake collection down to zero from a peak of 23, and a P3 and a Stowe bike (most don't know but Rob Stowe actually made the first steep angle tri bike, i.e., pre-dates Dan/QR).

Live out side Rochester, NY and I love the 17 mi bike ride to the University where I am a biophysics professor.

But that has got to be more than most of you youngster want to know. There are, however, some other old farts on slowtwitch.
Bill
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [Oldaveguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not me, not me! It's, it's, it's, HIM->

:)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you collecting the data Marisol? We want to see the statistics when the thread is done.

My data: 33 in exactly a month, single, 3 bikes, no kids, no surrogate kids aka pets.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next