Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: Who is what? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
21. Dating a 23 year old ex-triathlete now turned 5k/10k runner, also my coach. Two and a half years of Physics at the University, then put it on hold to pursue something on the bike. Currently living in Germany giving a shot at, and getting my ass kicked by, the elite amateur ranks. No kids, no pets. Currently just the team issue bike, eventually building a dedicated timetrial frame till the end of the year + beater bike for training in the winter. 3 wheelsets (some for sale, check classified ads!), one bare frame laying around. Resting HR 45-50. Speak Portuguese, English, German, some Spanish. Can utter words and move arms like frantic trying to speak Italian and French. Shoe size 43. 1m88, 73 kg.

Will ride a bike for food.

Ricardo Wickert | Team Magnesium Pur - Germany | My sporadically updated blog: The Thin Grad Line | My team-issued TT bike: Trek Speed Concept 9

2015 Sponsors & Partners: Magnesium Pur | Ullmax | B&W Bike Cases | Ristorante La Dolce Vita | Trek Bikes via Bici-Sport Binder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoops, think I got the picture part wrong. Think Its "Maylene" that did the article was for slowtwitch? Sorry
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [sry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
32, married 1.5 years. first kid on the way (due sept 24).
writer for an advertising agency in western ny
1 old yellow lab, 2 cats (they were my wife's)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
42, female, banker, married for the second time to another triathlete, 3 kids from my first marriage - 14 year old girl, 8 year old boy, 5 year old girl, not a triathlete in the bunch yet, but I'm working on it. 3 cats and a 5 month old golden retriever puppy. I'm pretty sure some mice live with us, too. (Lazy cats!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 28, married and now the proud father of 5 kids ages 3.5, 2, 8 months, and now 2 month old twins. Never a dull moment at our house but not much time to train either.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [Lastplace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
29, married (will be 7 years in January), no kids, 2 labs (a 5 year old chocolate female and a 4 year old black male) and 3 bikes (road, tri, mtn).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I have the record so far...married 25 1/2 years to the same lady. I'm a gummint drone, she's a schoolteacher. I tri, she doesn't. We have three sons, 24, 20, and 16--all Eagle Scouts and pretty good kids. Oldest one in the Army, middle in college, youngest in high school. I'm 49 1/2 and looking forward to aging up next year.
Last edited by: tri_bri2: Aug 6, 04 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow tri_bri2, that is a fine record. I admire that. In today's world that says a lot good about both of you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
45 (but look younger, I hear), single, no kids (but one nephew who thinks I'm the best). Two Cervelos and a mt. bike.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
39, single, likely to stay that way. 2 bikes, a cat that is 17 and thinks she is the only reason I exist.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [Lastplace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure about the ages? Aren't the twins and the 8 month old only 6 months apart?

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
24...Dallas.....single.....live with 2 tri chicks.....3 cats....1 dog....we have lots of bikes but the kestrel KM40 is mine...my pics were posted a few months ago...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I am a musculoskeletal radiologist in private practice in south Mississippi (although contemplating a career move). I am married to a woman who is quite wonderful (although I still haven't gotten her to do a tri yet) and we just passed the 7 year mark. Have two daughters. One is 2 1/2 the youngest is 12 1/2 weeks. Have a very ....um....unusual jack russell terrier...he is a sweet dog, but has some issues.

Quote | Reply
Married, 30 years as of June 29
Three children: 29, 24, & 22. Two cats, countless fish.
One Specialized Carbon Epic, One Mutant Road Warrior (Mongoose converted to Road) and one Mutant Bike Trainer (what happens when an old mountain bike and a Nordic Trac meet in a dark garage). Cervelo or Felt pending.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O.k....here goes:

Married for the second time, will be a year in September, my third child due in November, (current wife's first) Two children from first marriage, 9 y.o. girl and 7 y.o. boy.

I own four bikes, Tri: Cervelo P2k; Road: Cannondale R4000; Mtb: Cannondale F500; Schwinn cruiser. I like to say that I have as many bikes as I need, but not as many as I want.

My wife is not a triathlete, but she is the best sherpa one could hope for.

cancer (July 13)

lawyer (until something better comes along)

New Jersey (God's Country)

38 y.o.

Oh yeah, a very expensive Scottish Terrier, and she turned out to be the best dog ever.

"A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." G.K. Chesterton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know me already..

28 - Single male - pharm rep in Philly...I will not do the forum and injustice and post my pic as I am way too unattractive.

NO kids right now...I have three wonderful nephews that I call my own..
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Tom. I have a lot to be thankful for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
question for you Marisol..why are you asking?

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, 38, married for 10 years to the love of my life, 8 year old son, 20 seasons of racing triathlon and still love it, Kestrel 200 SC, recently acquired Guru Trilite, Concord MTB, 10 pairs of racing XC ski, way too many pairs of old running shoes, one car for the family. Live in Ottawa Canada, the best Tri and XC ski town in North America where you can find gainful employment and not deal with hours of traffic(we have ~70-100 Ironman finishers every summer) and I just did a hard 90K ride BEFORE work this morning. Do product marketing for a semiconductor company for work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
36, divorced-single, no kids, unemployed in 8 days, bought a new house 2 weeks ago, life is good. 3 bikes (would have bought 1 or 2 more this fall, had I remained employed), a motorcycle, a truck, lots of gear from random sports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Married 12 years to Navytri who posts here occasionally - no kids, 1 cat, 4 bicycles between the two of us
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [tricat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I can get the opposite record of Tri_bri2.

25, married for 2.5 months to a wonderful triathlete. No kids, no pets - we are too busy (full time jobs and grad school for both of us) and too poor. I have one bike, he has a road, tri and mountain bike. He got the rode bike last year for himself for my birthday. If anyone can explain that logic I would appreciate it! ;)

Bri Gaal
One Step Beyond
http://www.osbmultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who is what? [halfacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I like to say that I have as many bikes as I need, but not as many as I want.
that says it all right there. just bought a nice kestrel 200 sci, but still crave the cervelo superprodigy, r2.5, p3sl, and the new qr lucero. i tell co-workers that i have 4 bikes and they just shake their heads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
36 yo single female, own house, 2 bikes, 3.5 dogs - shared custody of one with ex-bf - he's a little foofoo Tibetan Spaniel (the dog, not the bf). Others are black lab, black border collie, and an elderly corgi/dachsund mix who thinks she is the boss of everyone.

About to start college again in Sept, changing careers to law from clinical psychology. Still mourning the loss of my totalled Jeep cherokee, but happy in my new-used Saab.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
48, married 21 years, two kids, 12 yr girl and 11 yr boy both playing way too much soccer, baseball, and softball (but I love it). Unfortunately, my wife has MS which is a real f&*cked up disease. 15 years of tri'ing. IMLP and IMMOO veteran. Oh, and an old Vitus Carbone 9 and a aluminum Trek (I'm on the bottom of the food chain when it comes to discretionary spending).
Last edited by: TJ56: Aug 6, 04 7:55
Quote Reply

Prev Next