Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Khai, that would be signature line material if it wasn't so verbose. :)

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Now that its winter, every time he wanders away from the doormat and into the dining room to tie his shoes, he drips dirty water and leaves a trail of rocks behind him. I have had to vacuum and mop the floor after him every day this week. Last night I asked him to stop this and this morning as he was leaving for the pool I caught him doing it again![/quote] for the benefit of both you and your boyfriend, why don't you put a chair by the door? seems like that would solve everything.
But to a woman, a chair is furniture. That requires shopping and picking something out. You have to decide what style of furniture it should be. You have to think about how it would make you feel. You have to think about how it will make your friends feel. You have to think about how it will make your mother feel. You have to match the fabric to the other items in the entrance hall and the wallpaper. You may need to get new wallpaper. It will probably be necessary to buy an new outfit and shoes to wear while doing all this.

Now do you begin to understand???
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [android] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will probably be necessary to buy an new outfit and shoes to wear while doing all this.

HAHA!!! LMAO!!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [android] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You forgot that we need to get together a bunch of friends, have brunch, check 7 different stores in 4 different malls, go back to the first store we visited and buy the first chair we saw. Then the BFFS all have to come over and help me figure out how exactly to angle it correctly in the entryway. Then we go out for drinks afterwards to celebrate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You forgot that we need to get together a bunch of friends, have brunch, check 7 different stores in 4 different malls, go back to the first store we visited and buy the first chair we saw. Then the BFFS all have to come over and help me figure out how exactly to angle it correctly in the entryway. Then we go out for drinks afterwards to celebrate.[/quote] at least there is one thing about women i understand.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jen-
Just so we're clear on this one....the title of the thread WAS Not to scare away the visit Men, but...(post your men rants here)....so exactly how did it wind up being thread of MEN bitching about WOMEN?

Just curious...because they're being awfully "verbose" about the things that we do wrong, and I think that we've made our points/rants/bitches fairly concise. I don't even think we were necessarily looking for the answers to the universe when this started, but more a place to vent w/o the men "bitching" about us "bitching"....right?

Just wanted to make sure I was on the right thread...or if it really needed to be renamed "Not to scare away the visiting Men who are bitching and correcting and pointing out the flaws of the Women who are posting their men rants here in the Womens forum".....but, I'm just checking.... =)

Love you guys!

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. I didn't mean for my post to sound like bitching, just making fun of my own personal process. I can see how it came out that way though.

Yeah, I too find it funny how the men are jumping in here to defend themselves.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jen-
Just so we're clear on this one....the title of the thread WAS Not to scare away the visit Men, but...(post your men rants here)....so exactly how did it wind up being thread of MEN bitching about WOMEN?

Just curious...because they're being awfully "verbose" about the things that we do wrong, and I think that we've made our points/rants/bitches fairly concise. I don't even think we were necessarily looking for the answers to the universe when this started, but more a place to vent w/o the men "bitching" about us "bitching"....right?

Just wanted to make sure I was on the right thread...or if it really needed to be renamed "Not to scare away the visiting Men who are bitching and correcting and pointing out the flaws of the Women who are posting their men rants here in the Womens forum".....but, I'm just checking.... =)

Love you guys!
Ahahahahaha!!!!!!! OMG...I am spitting out my rice reading this. TOO FUNNY and true!!
Jessica

Jessica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even funnier after so many men bitched about a womens' forum in the first place and now lots of mens are posting here. ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't pointing fingers, just laughing about the boys....

I'm the queen of bitch, darling....no worries about sounding bitchy, catty or otherwise mean...it is, after all according to the men, what we excel at and why we're here!

Now Jessica should probably pick up her rice....=)

On the opposite end of bitching - that guy I sometimes claim as my boyfriend managed to snag 3 mice in traps at his own home. What a great mighty hunter....ha. He's entirely proud of himself - and I didn't even point out the problem. Proof that they can sometimes think on their own!!!! But to go along with the earlier chair/snow/tall issue - at 6'8", we have had the discussion about how far away his feet are and I think the solution he came up with is to not ever tie shoes....

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Jessica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Jen-

Love you guys!
Ahahahahaha!!!!!!! OMG...I am spitting out my rice reading this. TOO FUNNY and true!!
Jessica
So I suppose we'll presently be hearing a rant from your significant other: "Dammit, now I've got to figure out how to fix a computer keyboard that's got little bits of rice lodged in it."

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The mens don't understand the womens. Waaaaaaahhhhh!!

Oh sorry, wrong thread :-)

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the problem guys are facing all over the world. A problem exists. We may or may not be aware of it, but it does indeed exist. Guys are by and large pretty dense, and don't take hints well. We need to be told, and in no uncertain terms. No hints. No "you ought to know". No BS. Just tell us in plain English. Maybe a couple of times. :p If you were to assign a priority rating to the issue, this would be helpful. Once we've been notified that a problem does indeed exist, we still don't know if you want us to fix it. Or if you just want to talk about it. Or both. Or neither. The thing is, we don't know and we aren't intuitive enough to figure it out. You need to tell us. Tell us about the problem. Tell us if you'd like us to resolve the problem, or if you just want to talk about it. Or if you want to talk about it first, and then have us fix it. Or if you've already fixed it but still want to talk about it. Then give us a reasonable timeframe in which to solve the problem (if that is what you want). Then leave us alone long enough to fix it. Then, because we're all pretty much dogs anyway, a treat would be nice. :D

I just had to quote this because it's brilliant!! Smile
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even funnier after so many men bitched about a womens' forum in the first place and now lots of mens are posting here. ;-)

You know we've reached the big time when swimfan is posting here, and behaving.

Deep down we all know swimmy's a big softie.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" We need to be told, and in no uncertain terms. No hints. No "you ought to know". No BS. Just tell us in plain English."

There's a damn good reason that an instruction manual is included with every piece of technical equipment we buy. If we're not expected to be intuitive enough to figure out how to set up HDTV without line by line instructions, how can we be expected to be intuitive enough to figure out the fandangled maze of circuitry that is the female psyche?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a damn good reason that an instruction manual is included with every piece of technical equipment we buy.

I don't know what world you live in but I haven't met a guy yet who reads an instruction manual, especially when it comes to electronics. It is us womens who save the day by reading the thing then swooping in after the mens stomps from the room, foaming at the mouth and saying "there is a piece missing, I'm sure of it."

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I don't know what world you live in but I haven't met a guy yet who reads an instruction manual, especially when it comes to electronics. It is us womens who save the day by reading the thing then swooping in after the mens stomps from the room, foaming at the mouth and saying "there is a piece missing, I'm sure of it." "

Exactly. Hard evidence that, unless we follow the insturctions line by line, we're never going to get anywhere. And yet when it comes to womens and your inner most thoughts,...we're expected to just figure it out? You ladies should know better by now.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jen:

I ALWAYS reas the instruction manual. Of course, that's AFTER I've spent 4 days and nights without eating or sleeping trying to get these things set up without reading them. :)

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had not read your response to my post until now, and all I can say is "you stay classy" AWARE...

(Rolls eyes)

"He likes me on top while he's out saving the world... He's lucky to have me.." TMI
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me rephrase my previously ignored assessment of character - you're a pompous douchebag. You have no idea the amount of class I carry myself with, nor the social standing that I have.

If you have the audacity to use quotation marks, implying that you are quoting directly something that someone has said - let alone someone that has a degree in journalism and English - you should do it correctly.

What I typed was, "He wants me on top and I'm not picky. In his book, he's pretty much got it made."
What you typed was, "He likes me on top while he's out saving the world... He's lucky to have me.."

While I don't disagree entirely with your statement, he IS lucky to have me, I don't quite think I would enjoy being on top WHILE he is out saving the world. What happens in my bedroom, thankfully, you are neither a part of nor welcome to watch. You implied in a previous statement, which no one else but me got to see as our moderators pulled the post, that you felt sorry for my boyfriend becuase our relationship isn't like yours (at which point my statement of your wife living with your balls in her mouth came into play). I was simply stating why, in our own eyes, our relationship works. It wasn't a statement up for debate.

But apparently I shall grab my dishcloth and shut my mouth, women aren't allowed to tell it like it is lest I be labeled as social scum. I know where the dessert spoon goes, how to fold the napkins and that I should never be expected to shake hands with douchebags like you. Roll your eyes at my curtsey, ass.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWARE, you need to read up a bit on what a troll is. The best thing to do is to not feed them and to just ignore them. There are some people that sit behind their keyboards and smile when people call them douchebags online. Don't give them a reason to smile.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: erichollins: Jan 19, 09 12:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YaHey is a classic example of what Eric is saying. We know it. The Lavender Room knows it. His family probably knows it. Just don't feed him... hopefully he'll starve and die.

Quote | Reply
Indeed, my friend, indeed. Oh to have weasely little troll-like eyes with which to see the world....

I laughed when describing this thread to the boyfriend, who thought an unspecified douchebag's opinion was "absolute craziness" in between snorts of laughter. He briefly entertained the idea of buying me an apron before realizing he would be strangled with the strings. He did, however, completely agree with the aforementioned description of his life and affirm that he's pretty much "got it made, eh?"

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hate to tell you, but no one pulled my post. I deleted my post after I changed my mind about responding to you.

Group hug with Eric? I think he's a little sensitive and needs one.

BTW, you would have physically assaulted your BF if he would have given you an apron and asked you to cook for him? Like I said, stay classy.
Last edited by: YaHey: Jan 20, 09 4:32
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You hear something? The pitter-patter of little ugly feet, possibly some pointy ears?

On a bright note - not quite a rant - I can say that we have established an expectation of the wet/snowy shoes and where they go in my home and I believe it will work out well with the boys. The dogs, on the other hand, haven't quite mastered wiping their feet.

AW
Quote Reply

Prev Next