Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say put his post back up...I had a brilliant reply almost ready to go...

Feel sorry for him all you want, YaHoo, he gets to sleep with me, he gets to carry a gun and arrest assholes, he serves our country and protects assholes like you (despite my pleas otherwise) and still manages to clean up after himself, wipe his own ass and feed himself. He wants me on top and I'm not picky. In his book, he's pretty much got it made.

Fortunately for my pocketbook, he does pay for his own toys and gun habit. Fortunately for his, I pay for my bikes and races.

I have little need for his nuts, he can keep them (he uses them better) and he's 100% of the man I'll never want to be. And to get back to your original comment - and why we all started bitching at you in the first place - our relationship works because that's the way WE want it. He kills the spiders, I usually wash the dishes. If your wife enjoys living with your nuts in her mouth - who am I to save her?

And since it's a women's forum....shouldn't you feel oddly out of place? (No offense to those that play nice in the sandbox)

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think she rocks too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh snap!!!!

I like you.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one!

My boyfriend is very tall and insists on sitting down to tie his shoes. He thinks that his feet are too far away for him to lean over and tie his shoes like regular people.

Now that its winter, every time he wanders away from the doormat and into the dining room to tie his shoes, he drips dirty water and leaves a trail of rocks behind him. I have had to vacuum and mop the floor after him every day this week. Last night I asked him to stop this and this morning as he was leaving for the pool I caught him doing it again!
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, we are a complex gender, this thread is up to 4 pages and you still can't figure us out. I could start and end a thread about women with one word, "nuts".

Quote | Reply
Such a typical guy :-)

The girls were doing some bonding over what a pain in the a** their S.O.s are. That's how we connect, talking. Boys, they grunt, nod their heads and roll their eyes. That pretty much covers an entire conversation right there.

See, I have this all figured out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boys, they grunt, nod their heads and roll their eyes.

Jeez Jen, do you really think we are that one dimensional?

Don't forget we also fart and laugh about it. ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Boys, they grunt, nod their heads and roll their eyes. That pretty much covers an entire conversation right there. "

I'm confused. What does the eye rolling cover that the grunt and nod doesn't?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Boys, they grunt, nod their heads and roll their eyes. That pretty much covers an entire conversation right there.
But you never catch us checking out your chest! It's all part of the plan.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does the eye rolling cover that the grunt and nod doesn't?

"Women are nuts."

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
""Women are nuts.""

Oh, trust me, we have grunts that say that without the need for eye rolling.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But you never catch us checking out your chest! It's all part of the plan.[/reply] Yes, we do. Just about every time. we just choose to not bust you on it...most of the time.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Boys, they grunt, nod their heads and roll their eyes.

Jeez Jen, do you really think we are that one dimensional?[/quote] does she really think we're that complicated?

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Now that its winter, every time he wanders away from the doormat and into the dining room to tie his shoes, he drips dirty water and leaves a trail of rocks behind him. I have had to vacuum and mop the floor after him every day this week. Last night I asked him to stop this and this morning as he was leaving for the pool I caught him doing it again![/quote] for the benefit of both you and your boyfriend, why don't you put a chair by the door? seems like that would solve everything.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Now that its winter, every time he wanders away from the doormat and into the dining room to tie his shoes, he drips dirty water and leaves a trail of rocks behind him. I have had to vacuum and mop the floor after him every day this week. Last night I asked him to stop this and this morning as he was leaving for the pool I caught him doing it again![/quote] for the benefit of both you and your boyfriend, why don't you put a chair by the door? seems like that would solve everything.

That's a typical male reaction. Just solve the problem already. :p

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Khai!!! They don't want you to solve the problem! Just LISTEN! :)

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Khai!!! They don't want you to solve the problem! Just LISTEN! :)

Exactly my point, bro...

Exactly my point.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well duh. We are smart enough to solve the problem for ourselves.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then why do you all invest so much energy in complaining instead of just doing the fixing.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because why do WE always have to be the ones FIXING? If we notice the problem and identify the problem for you - and YOU are the ones causing the problem....shouldn't you be the one FIXING the problem?

(Note: I realize the answer here is that YOU don't realize that it's a problem until SHE starts bitching - and then it really isn't YOUR problem....but that circles back to the LISTENING and CARING part...you should want to help and compromise and help keep us happy...and we'll generally quit bitching....at least about that particular problem...=)

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because why do WE always have to be the ones FIXING? If we notice the problem and identify the problem for you - and YOU are the ones causing the problem....shouldn't you be the one FIXING the problem?

+10,000

Exactly right.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not only is this guy hillarious....I think he's right on the money.

worth a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuMZ73mT5zM

Quote | Reply

I think you're answering a different questions. If you WANT us to fix the problem, then we're more than happy to. Thatwhat we do. It's when you tell us you DON'T want us to fix the problem where things start to break down.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

+10,000

Exactly right.

How things should go:
Her: Honey, I have a problem. Can you fix it?
Him: Sure, what's broke? I'll do my best to fix it.

How things actually go:
Her: /doesn't talk
Her: /still doesn't talk 5 minutes later
Her: /still doesn't talk 10 minutes late but starts sighing
Him: Honey, what's wrong?
Her: Nuthing /said very pouty
Him: OK.
Her: /rolls eyes
Her: /gets up and storms off about 30 seconds later
Him: /gets the image in his head of the coyote right after he has ran off the cliff, looks down, and realizes that he's about to fall to his death
Him: Honey, what's wrong? I know there is something wrong.
Her: NOTHING IS WRONG YOU INSENSITIVE CLOD!!!
Her: /locks herself in the bedroom sobbing
Him: Honey, can I at least have a pillow and a blanket so that I can sleep on the couch tonight?

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
JenHS:

Well duh. We are smart enough to solve the problem for ourselves.

Slugas:

This is the problem guys are facing all over the world. A problem exists. We may or may not be aware of it, but it does indeed exist. Guys are by and large pretty dense, and don't take hints well. We need to be told, and in no uncertain terms. No hints. No "you ought to know". No BS. Just tell us in plain English. Maybe a couple of times. :p If you were to assign a priority rating to the issue, this would be helpful. Once we've been notified that a problem does indeed exist, we still don't know if you want us to fix it. Or if you just want to talk about it. Or both. Or neither. The thing is, we don't know and we aren't intuitive enough to figure it out. You need to tell us. Tell us about the problem. Tell us if you'd like us to resolve the problem, or if you just want to talk about it. Or if you want to talk about it first, and then have us fix it. Or if you've already fixed it but still want to talk about it. Then give us a reasonable timeframe in which to solve the problem (if that is what you want). Then leave us alone long enough to fix it. Then, because we're all pretty much dogs anyway, a treat would be nice. :D

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next