Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s indeed for a ex10 riser. A nice platform to mount other semi custom extensions on it

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA wrote:
I have attached an picture of the adapter.

I can´t find the EX10 adapter on the Vision Website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA wrote:
The TFE Pro is not UCI legal. The Pro would be 124mm to 134mm depending on the size of the extension. The TFE would be be below the 100mm UCI limit. It falls in the 75mm range.

Kevin

The height measurement, per UCI regs, is taken from the center of the pad, not the rear, as shown in the diagram in a post above. If the diagram is accurately depicting the measurement as taken at the back of the pad, then there should be no problems with the UCI regs, if you are okay with taking a little off the ends.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My measurements are accurate to the UCI regs and not the diagram.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [baluh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not on the website. Please call 425-488-8653 and speak with our sales team. My previous link was incorrect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.fsaproshop.com/...=c7e0ba103&_ss=r

I found it here. And ordered one last night :)

Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA wrote:
My measurements are accurate to the UCI regs and not the diagram.

Good to know. Very helpful to have proper details if you’re UCI-concerned.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KKG, did you ever get a chance to measure this? I've had the same question since they look taller and I'm typically going to be at the extreme low end of most bikes' fit range to get my position. If these add too much stack, they won't be an option. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those interested, I installed my TFE extensions today on my P5 disc with an EX10 riser.

Pretty clean. The only downside is that the adapter leaves no provision for BTA mounting or computer mounting.

Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you make more closeup photos? This one is very hard to see

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah sorry just clicked on that and the resolution was terrible. Try these.

Quote | Reply
That looks really cool, Is the adapter angle adjustable or is it fixed. The normal one is between 0 and 15 degrees

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The adapter acts exactly like the stock mounting plate, so you can mount it at 0, 5, 10 or 15 degrees.

That first photo was with the plate mounted at 5 degrees. Here it is at 15, and 0.

Quote | Reply
Really cool. I hope it is as comfortable as it looks
Did you ride it already?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just on the trainer for 4-5 min. So far, very comfortable, easier to drop the head than my previous setup (Drag2Zero USP and 51Speedshop pads).

Biggest issue is you lose you ability to mount a BTA or computer. Pretty sure I have a solution in my head for that but that’s the next challenge

Quote | Reply
looks great, thanks for posting the pics
what did you do with the di2? I have the original p5d with the di2 charging on the back of the riser bar, not sure where it is on the ex10

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Di2 routed per Cervelos recommended method for the EX10, where you out the junction box in the front bento, and run the extension wires though the extensions, through the the post and then up through the stem. If you pull out the P5 factory manual there’s an EX10 appendix in the back.

You’ll need a 3 or 5 port junction box, your bar end junction box won’t really fit nicely anywhere

Quote | Reply
thanks. looks like a really cool project.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 Questions, Sorry to prod as a competitor product.

1. For the attachment bracket. Would you prefer to have something that uses the Px tilt in 5 mm increments. or would you accept something bulkier like my tilt base system that allows infinite adjustment on the go with 1 bolt from -6 to +24 degrees? ( image shown is old version, new has more range)

2. Does the product fit your arm in stock configuration? elbow to fingers? When you are holding the grips. is your full forearm supported or is there a gap?

Thanks for the feedback.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could use a mount that clamps to extensions, and clip it to the very base of the round grip secrion
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not following? Of course. I can make a lower profile attachment that removes the 22.2 like Vision did, but then you still need to dissassemble to change the tilt. Or use a plate that attaches to the monopost and converts to my design like in image above.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the title above my comment there is the name of the person I was responding to and a link to the specific post.

User IKnowEverything said he can't mount a cycling computer to the TFE extentions and I was suggesting to mount something like this to the base of the round hand grip:

Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
understood. thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do the di2 wires route through the extensions? Is there a slot in the underside or do they run internally?
Last edited by: TheWhiteCarrot: Nov 4, 21 18:32
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
2 Questions, Sorry to prod as a competitor product.

1. For the attachment bracket. Would you prefer to have something that uses the Px tilt in 5 mm increments. or would you accept something bulkier like my tilt base system that allows infinite adjustment on the go with 1 bolt from -6 to +24 degrees? ( image shown is old version, new has more range)

2. Does the product fit your arm in stock configuration? elbow to fingers? When you are holding the grips. is your full forearm supported or is there a gap?

Thanks for the feedback.

Joshua

1. Personally, I’d prefer to keep the tilt system that the EX10 has. Others may differ, but i know exactly what tilt I need and the EX10 provides it for me. I had issues with old P5x where the tilt would move/slip on big bumps/impacts, and I like the security of the fixed system.

2. Again for me personally, this actually does JUST fit me. My full forearm is supported when I take the pad off the bar; when I put the elbow pad on, it only goes up halfway, and then there’s a slight gap on the forearm. I plan on remedying that with some extra d2zero foam I have sitting around. But I did have to mess around with sizing - I’d originally ordered the medium bars and they didn’t work, so had to reorder these large ones. In other words, having a one size adjusts to all version would help.

Prev Next