Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Vision Metron TFE Extensions
Quote | Reply
Announced today from FSA/vision, they look awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/...mp;mc_eid=62dcc717bd

Wondering if they will be compatible with other bar systems? I'd love to pick these up for my BMC timemachine, but that runs off profile design bolt spacing standards.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [rowleycd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooohhhh! I like it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone's been doing their homework at Vision lately! Those look great and check off most everything needed. Can't wait to test them.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sure look nice, but they don’t look like they would work with a position that has narrow elbows. I was thinking that you could maybe switch out the left and right sides but the curve of the area under the forearm would be very wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already listed on the FSA site for $399

https://www.fsaproshop.com/products/vision-tfe-extension-bars
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their regular cups swivel in and out, and the TFA bar has a lot of width adjustment. I imagine the TFE will have similar levels of adjustment as the standard cups. What about these bars suggests it won't work well with a typical narrow position? I won't see any reason for that to be the case
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vision did a version quite similar to this many years ago. Google search "Vision TriMax Ultimate". Way ahead of their time!
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Someone's been doing their homework at Vision lately! Those look great and check off most everything needed. Can't wait to test them.

Very well done. I wonder if you'll find their claims to be correct... 2.5w faster?

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Those are very clean looking and the price is silly. I don't see why every Time Trial bike wouldn't have these on them other than compatibility.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the 236-296 width range. i am guessing that is C-C which is wider than my outside- outside
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Wow. Those are very clean looking and the price is silly. I don't see why every Time Trial bike wouldn't have these on them other than compatibility.

$400 price tag seems to be for just the extensions. If by “silly” you mean “silly bad”, I would tend to agree.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$399, but you have to buy the $850 base bar as well. Still that is cheaper than a lot of systems.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These actually can be used with the TFA base bar, the non integrated stem version (si013) and clip-on systems that use a 31.8mm bar standard. Check out the video here @:49 sec into the video
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
$400 price tag seems to be for just the extensions. If by “silly” you mean “silly bad”, I would tend to agree.

Have you seen the market for "just extensions"?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I can get these to work with my setup and likely would be the case for many others.

nightfend wrote:
$399, but you have to buy the $850 base bar as well. Still that is cheaper than a lot of systems.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

Have you seen the market for "just extensions"?

yup. paying $400 for extensions (let alone more than that) is silly. Now, I tried out Tririg Scoops and they were super comfy--I can totally get on board with a $160 product that supports and actually touches my forearms. But these extensions that purportedly cup my entire arm--but are not big enough to even actually fit it--and "support" an area of my arm doesn't need any support--i.e., between my forearm and my hands-- is silly at $400 and ridonculous at some of the prices over in the UK.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 25, 20 15:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then undercutting the current market, in some cases by thousands of dollars, means it's a silly good price for the market. I won't try and convince you if it is a good value or not, that's not the point. The point is for the product and market place it is in competing in it undercuts the best bang for the buck by a fair margin. i.e. silly

I also don't get this discussion about support. I don't want or need any more support than I currently can get by any "normal" pad/cup design. My desire in a product like the TFEs is to get the extensions out of the wind and hug my arms to have the least impact on my CdA. Obviously this is not a need and merely a want.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 25, 20 15:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Then undercutting the current market, in some cases by thousands of dollars, means it's a silly good price for the market. I won't try and convince you if it is a good value or not, that's not the point. The point is for the product and market place it is in competing in it undercuts the best bang for the buck by a fair margin. i.e. silly

I also don't get this discussion about support. I don't want or need any more support than I currently can get by any "normal" pad/cup design. My desire in a product like the TFEs is to get the extensions out of the wind and hug my arms to have the least impact on my CdA. Obviously this is not a need and merely a want.

That’s fine if that’s where you are at. I’m presumably bigger than you, have bad shoulders. The additional support provided by TriRig Scoops was probably the best upgrade my Tri bike has ever seen. For me, I will go a lot faster by being more comfy than by theoretically lowering my CdA through arm-hugging position that I could never achieve anyways. The average triathlete is far more like me than you.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 25, 20 16:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
That’s fine if that’s where you are at. I’m presumably bigger than you, have bad shoulders. The additional support provided by TriRig Scoops was probably the best upgrade my Tri bike has ever seen. For me, I will go a lot faster by being more comfy than by theoretically lowering my CdA through arm-hugging position that I could never achieve anyways. The average triathlete is far more like me than you.

To be fair, Speedbar-type extensions are generally designed for FOP looking for extra speed and not the "average" triathlete who has comfort issues.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
the 236-296 width range. i am guessing that is C-C which is wider than my outside- outside

Where do you see this spec? With the regular pads the range is 111-261mm c-c
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

To be fair, Speedbar-type extensions are generally designed for FOP looking for extra speed and not the "average" triathlete who has comfort issues.

That’s certainly where the market started. But, Vision is a company that (at least tries to) appeal the masses.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 28, 20 6:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would there be a way to fit these onto my Trinity, or any bike that doesn't have a PD base bar for that matter? I'm guessing not so the bars wont have appeal to many.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you would be stuck with Visions BTA system. No place to mount something different?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I'm being stupid, but those look like they could be compatible with a lot of other bars on the market, for instance the Argon ahb 7600 handlebar that is on the E-119Tri/119Tri+.

Rideon77 wrote:
Looks like you would be stuck with Visions BTA system. No place to mount something different?

I have that BTA and it's the best I've had out of the four I've tried: PDFC35, Speedfill, Xlab Torpedo.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 30, 20 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm rather curious about these extensions in the Vision catalog. They're different than the ones in the video.

Quote Reply

Prev Next