Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the NYC Tri going to be forever linked with the Noodle now? Maybe a sponsorship opportunity for next year?
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [rfm1237] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree with you and nice job preparing. You are the triathlete that deserves to race and feel good about completing the event. Not someone who doesn't prepare and rides a noodle down the river.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [kjsmitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this dog swam better then a large precentage that did the race Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [matt2395] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New slogan: "New York City Triathlon.....brought to you by Ronzoni"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this is worse than Finman. At least he was attempting to swim! These people looked like they were hanging out at a water park on vacation. I heard IMNYC is going to have IM Finisher logo noodles available on the website soon.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [OnTheFly21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Triathlon announced at Atlantis in the Bahamas, Swim starts in the Lazy River and ends with the Giant Water Slide.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [greyguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greyguy wrote:
New slogan: "New York City Triathlon.....brought to you by Ronzoni"

Fitting in so many ways that it is sad...
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [OnTheFly21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OnTheFly21 wrote:
I heard IMNYC is going to have IM Finisher logo noodles available on the website soon.

Hilarious.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a tool. I need a floaty to finish the swim. Might as well bring a lounge raft with a cup holder for your margarita.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, this kind of thing seems to pop up on ST periodically and I figured it was just the ST usual. But this really is BS.

I get that people suffer from freakouts during the swim and need to hold onto a kayak, or swim on their backs for a minute to catch their breath. But you really should be mentally prepared for the swim before you get in--and as (presumably) intelligent adults, should know what you are getting into. And then commit to it. You can't fake it on the swim and trying to does put other people in jeopardy.

Unfortunately I think many people acquire an attitude that wetsuits compensate for more problems than just bad form and cold water, incl./ lack of preparedness and confidence.

Quote | Reply
dkazup wrote:
New Triathlon announced at Atlantis in the Bahamas, Swim starts in the Lazy River and ends with the Giant Water Slide.

I believe the swim at Rev3 Quassy is going to be changed to the water park as well
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [Blue Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BR totlly agree. When I finish there won't be a NYC triathlon anymore plus the IMNYC swim will be canceled.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [teebles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teebles wrote:
dkazup wrote:

I believe the swim at Rev3 Quassy is going to be changed to the water park as well

But first you have to do 3 turns on the swing ride and then run to the waterpark......

Seriously...at Quassy the swim is the ONLY thing that I think is downhill...and that is just from the beach to the water....even the water goes uphill at that place!
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [teebles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People would still freak.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys take a look again... green cap is supposedly challenged athlete, it looks like her left arm is amputated.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Guys take a look again... green cap is supposedly challenged athlete, it looks like her left arm is amputated.

Nope. And if it was, so?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

mmmm...no. There is a red cap about :30 into the video, which with the light blue and the other colors puts it solidly in the womens waves, from 25-39. Para athletes wouldn't have even started yet.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  Wow, I am not the best swimmer in the world and I have had my share of "moments" during various race swims over the years but I have never seen anything like what I saw in that video. Based solely on the number of people who looked so completely "lost" in the water, it would appear that they learned about the swim portion that morning after they had already racked their bikes.
I haven't done a Tri since about 2003 due to being deployed and then contracting chronic fatigue syndrome, so maybe this has become the new norm? Is the sport so popular now that large numbers of people show up and just try to "make it through" their first swim? Scary stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [freds4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
freds4 wrote:
Wow, I am not the best swimmer in the world and I have had my share of "moments" during various race swims over the years but I have never seen anything like what I saw in that video. Based solely on the number of people who looked so completely "lost" in the water, it would appear that they learned about the swim portion that morning after they had already racked their bikes.
I haven't done a Tri since about 2003 due to being deployed and then contracting chronic fatigue syndrome, so maybe this has become the new norm? Is the sport so popular now that large numbers of people show up and just try to "make it through" their first swim? Scary stuff.

...like I said, it cheapens the sport.

I was in the corral, leaning against the railing and witnessing this debacle - made me so angry. I commented to a fellow racer about the amount of people who didn't belong in that swim - noodles, doggy paddlers - even a guy with a training snorkel (the kind that extend over the middle of your forehead) - an F'in SNORKEL!!!!!!

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Tri Swim Video (noodles included)... [dkazup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkazup wrote:

One of the funnest races I have done was a small race put on for the TriSports team this year at training camp...started on the water slide and two laps of the lazy river against the current at the Starr Pass Marriott! :)

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com