Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdana87 wrote:
Yeah, "Enemy of the State" was released 22years ago. This hunt is a really long training exercise.

In all seriousness - every time this thread pops up with new comments, I'm hoping to read she's been caught. If she has no SERE training, & is not getting help from someone that does, then the public has been mislead on law enforcement search & capture capabilities.

Is SERE training really what you need to know to avoid being captured by law enforcement? I'd be surprised if she's Eric Rudolphing it.

I'd think ditching your phone, only using cash, and avoiding people except when necessary would go a long way to avoiding capture. If she's got someone doing stuff like bringing her groceries and paying her rent or just giving her a place to stay, it's just down to having the discipline to stay isolated.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd think ditching your phone, only using cash, and avoiding people except when necessary would go a long way to avoiding capture. //

Exactly, all she has to know is what we all know from watching TV for the past 2 decades. And she is a hot chick who can go to just about anyplace, meet some guy, and be in his room/house in no time. She could use just about any back story, but as long as she does her duty, dude will play along not knowing anything about what she is up to.

That is a short term solution, long term she would need some money and get to a country that does not have extradition. Or a country where she could just disappear into some wilderness.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What city / state do you live in?
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
That is a short term solution, long term she would need some money and get to a country that does not have extradition. Or a country where she could just disappear into some wilderness.

Like the Pine Barrens?

There are plenty of No-Tell Motels between AC & Philly

A fake name, a haircut & some cheap dye from RiteAid, and she could be working at the local "Used to be a Wawa" deli in no time

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup it can work. My ex wife does this, she goes from guy, to guy, to guy, to guy, to guy crafting fake victim backstory #25 and quickly moving in with the guy.

Guy's never question her, they just roll with it because she's super mega hot, charismatic, and instantly absorbs that guys hobbies - she's always plotting something and trying to escape paying her debts.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Stafford Brown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's now in police custody in Costa Rica

https://cyclingtips.com/...ended-in-costa-rica/

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Jun 30, 22 8:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not have chose a small country where english is not the native language, or plastic surgery.
But then again, avoiding being on the run, is high on my list of things to do.

I really doubt this will bring peace to Mo's family. But it is something.

https://www.velonews.com/news/kaitlin-armstrong-wanted-for-murder-of-moriah-wilson-apprehended-in-costa-rica/

Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really want to know…

Who did the plastic surgery, what was it, and did they have any idea why they were doing it? Are we talking minor Botox or something much more significant, like a rhinoplasty and face lift? and facial implants?

Where did she get a fake passport and did she get it before or after the murder? I would have NO idea where to get one.

How did she get to Costa Rico? Was she aided?
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will be interesting to find out how she got the fake ID and a passport.

And how they caught her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

And how they caught her.

So she flew out of Newark on May 18. Authorities knew she had gone to the airport that day and supposedly the trail ran cold there. But, given the number of cameras at an international airport, highly unlikely they were unaware she had taken the flight to Costa Rico.

She did get the fake passport awfully quickly. I mean, maybe it's not that hard, but it does seem that requires some knowledge and prep.

She lasted 6 weeks on the run. That's not bad, about 5.9 weeks longer than I would have predicted. I assumed she was dead in the woods somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

And how they caught her.

So she flew out of Newark on May 18. Authorities knew she had gone to the airport that day and supposedly the trail ran cold there. But, given the number of cameras at an international airport, highly unlikely they were unaware she had taken the flight to Costa Rico.

She did get the fake passport awfully quickly. I mean, maybe it's not that hard, but it does seem that requires some knowledge and prep.

She lasted 6 weeks on the run. That's not bad, about 5.9 weeks longer than I would have predicted. I assumed she was dead in the woods somewhere.

It can take longer than 6 weeks to get a real passport.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also curious about many aspects of this now. I had assumed based on the scant evidence we had that she was in the northwoods of New York/VT or something, but this story sounds much more remarkable. Since Costa Rica apparently intends to extradite her without fuss I was curious and just googled where else she might have gone where that wouldn't be the case . . . apparently very few options to avoid extradition in her circumstance.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She should have gone to Canada. They at least would be unlikely (I assume?) to extradite to a capital punishment jurisdiction.

She’s facing the needle in TX if convicted on 1st degree.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
I really want to know…

Who did the plastic surgery, what was it, and did they have any idea why they were doing it? Are we talking minor Botox or something much more significant, like a rhinoplasty and face lift? and facial implants?

Where did she get a fake passport and did she get it before or after the murder? I would have NO idea where to get one.

botox wouldn't change your appearance at all
fillers can slightly modify your look but not even enough that your face ID doesn't still work on your phone and the government biometric passport control is likely smarter than an iphone security scan

I too have no idea how to get a fake passport that would make it through customs and immigration checks on such short notice. This woman has a backstory we don't know yet
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Dolfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dolfan wrote:
She should have gone to Canada. They at least would be unlikely (I assume?) to extradite to a capital punishment jurisdiction.

She’s facing the needle in TX if convicted on 1st degree.

I'm not a lawyer, so will defer to one, but I read the description of the capital murder charge in Texas, and find it highly unlikely the prosecution would attempt capital murder. Vs. "just" first-degree murder.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
I really want to know…

botox wouldn't change your appearance at all
fillers can slightly modify your look ...

Agreed.

I just think that the media will use a term like "plastic surgery" to refer to a very wide array of procedures. We could learn later that she had significant work or barely any.

For only being gone for a few weeks, she must have jumped on it if she got meaningful work done already. I guess avoiding the death penalty or life in prison is plenty of motivation. Maybe in a country like Costa Rica you might get a nose job done for cash as easy as ordering a pizza. I have no idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
I'm also curious about many aspects of this now. I had assumed based on the scant evidence we had that she was in the northwoods of New York/VT or something, but this story sounds much more remarkable. Since Costa Rica apparently intends to extradite her without fuss I was curious and just googled where else she might have gone where that wouldn't be the case . . . apparently very few options to avoid extradition in her circumstance.

I wonder if her family assisted her? Her father was on the news early on saying he knows she couldn't have done it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If she went through the effort to get a fake passport and plastic surgery (although I imagine she got filler injections rather than full surgery based on the timeframe), I find it strange that she stayed in Costa Rica. If you're actively trying to hide yourself, why stay in the same country you flew into. You've got to assume you'll be tracked there. It seems like she could have taken a bus or boat to several countries from there. Maybe we'll find out she did in fact have substantial plastic surgery and was recovering there, with a plan to escape to another country and disappear.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttusomeone wrote:
I find it strange that she stayed in Costa Rica. If you're actively trying to hide yourself, why stay in the same country you flew into. You've got to assume you'll be tracked there. It seems like she could have taken a bus or boat to several countries from there.

A bus to Panama and a boat to Colombia and you can disappear on another continent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also caught with a fake passport makes for a better headline than "used her sister's passport".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

And how they caught her.

her dad came out in support of her so wouldn't surprise me if she was using her sister's passport. she was reportedly seen in NY meeting with her before she fled the country. looking at pics of the two they are very similar.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
......... This woman has a backstory we don't know yet

Do we know if her sister is still alive? What if she killed her sister, too, and stole her ID & passport..........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
iamuwere wrote:
......... This woman has a backstory we don't know yet

Do we know if her sister is still alive? What if she killed her sister, too, and stole her ID & passport..........

I mean, I think we would have heard something if something had happened to her sister.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steve25 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

And how they caught her.

her dad came out in support of her so wouldn't surprise me if she was using her sister's passport. she was reportedly seen in NY meeting with her before she fled the country. looking at pics of the two they are very similar.

Makes sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steve25 wrote:

The US Marshals essentially confirmed this without explicitly confirming it. Unless Kaitlin got her hands on a completely different woman's passport that Kaitlin "used because she looked very similar to that individual."

Other tidbits:
  • Cut her hair shoulder length, uneven
  • Died her hair dark brown
  • Found with bandage on her nose, claimed it was surfboard accident
  • "At this time" no one charged or detained in connection with her flight
  • Found in Santa Teresa, remote beach town
  • Had been frequenting yoga studios, speculating she was setting herself up to be yoga instructor

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: Jun 30, 22 14:54
Quote Reply

Prev Next