Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [2brokenhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, they believe she is getting assistance, may have preplanned an escape plan, and could possibly be in Canada using her sister's name/ID
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
bulldog15 wrote:
2brokenhips wrote:
Newest update on Kaitlin Armstrong whereabouts

Suspected love triangle killer Kaitlin Armstrong seen at NY campground (nypost.com)

So, if I'm reading that correctly, they are still almost a month behind her. She was spotted at the campground shortly "before it all blew up".

Come on.

That's what they want everyone (Including Armstrong) to think..........

Given what we've seen in the last few years, thinking that law enforcement officers have the wherewithal and restraint to keep their knowledge under wraps is effectively impossible. One cop thinks he's cool and leaks knowledge to the news, or more likely, the local chief wants to show how strong and smart the police are so he holds press conferences every time they get a sliver of a lead.

Fundamentally, not updating on knowledge of her location is harmful to the search. If they say she's spotted in an area, it'll get blasted on local news and you'll have more eyes in that area looking for her. Hiding sightings just helps he ghost around unnoticed.

Agreed, but I'd also add that it seems pretty unlikely to me that there's any kind of real manhunt. Maybe all those local departments get a notification, and there's a database of everyone out there on the run if she gets picked up for something else. The marshalls service arrest tens of thousands of fugitives a year, there are something like 60k active international red notices out there, there are just a lot of people on the run generally. The only way she gets caught is likely by a lot of people learning about the story and learning her face. I don't think the average person in the areas she's traveling has any idea who she is. I assume she's headed to Vermont, maybe intends to hop over the border.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Geronimo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geronimo wrote:
... seems pretty unlikely to me that there's any kind of real manhunt.

That's sexist

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
bulldog15 wrote:
So, if I'm reading that correctly, they are still almost a month behind her. She was spotted at the campground shortly "before it all blew up".

"I’ve been to every city in Mexico. Came across an unclaimed piece of meat in Baja, turned out to be Rosie. Guess he picked a knife fight with somebody better. Found a passport of yours in Sumatra. Missed you by about a week in Fiji. But I knew you wouldn’t miss the 50-Year Storm, Bodhi."

So according to Special Agent Johnny Utah she would have been in Emporia, Kansas two weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric Robert Rudolph made it five years on the run even though everyone knew where he was hiding. Frank Morris, John and Clarence Anglin are still on the run. Bin Laden made it 10 years with a $25 million bounty on his head. I give her three years.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
bulldog15 wrote:

"I’ve been to every city in Mexico. Came across an unclaimed piece of meat in Baja, turned out to be Rosie. Guess he picked a knife fight with somebody better. Found a passport of yours in Sumatra. Missed you by about a week in Fiji. But I knew you wouldn’t miss the 50-Year Storm, Bodhi."

Good one. I miss the Point Break references that were common in this forum many years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Frank Morris, John and Clarence Anglin are still on the run.

Maybe. Or they missed the time cut. You have to make it to T1 before you can go on the run.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 16, 22 16:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched Cocaine Cowboys on Netflix and one of the guys fled Miami for Orlando where he lived under an assumed identity for 25 years before he was caught.

I think it usually happens when you caught for something else, even innocuous, then everything unravels.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Frank Morris, John and Clarence Anglin are still on the run.

Maybe. Or they missed the time cut. You have to make it to T1 before you can go on the run.

Yes but at Alcatraz you run before you get to T1. Maybe they skipped the bikes and just kept on running. Maybe we will never know.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
bulldog15 wrote:
2brokenhips wrote:

Suspected love triangle killer Kaitlin Armstrong seen at NY campground (nypost.com)

Come on.

Given what we've seen in the last few years, thinking that law enforcement officers have the wherewithal and restraint to keep their knowledge under wraps is effectively impossible. One cop thinks he's cool and leaks knowledge to the news, or more likely, the local chief wants to show how strong and smart the police are so he holds press conferences every time they get a sliver of a lead.

Fundamentally, not updating on knowledge of her location is harmful to the search. If they say she's spotted in an area, it'll get blasted on local news and you'll have more eyes in that area looking for her. Hiding sightings just helps he ghost around unnoticed.

We're talking about Federal Marshals here. I think they may be 1 notch above Sheriff Johnny & Deputy Jimmy from Podunk, USA.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do we know if she’s been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather… to live off the land… to eat things that would make a billy goat puke?

If so, I expect carnage.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Do we know if she’s been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather… to live off the land… to eat things that would make a billy goat puke?

If so, I expect carnage.

She is no John Rambo.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
mathematics wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
bulldog15 wrote:
2brokenhips wrote:

Come on.

We're talking about Federal Marshals here. I think they may be 1 notch above Sheriff Johnny & Deputy Jimmy from Podunk, USA.

If it ends up being true that Kaitlin spent time with her sister at a camp with her sister it doesn’t exactly instill confidence that the Federal Marshalls are on top of things. Keeping an eye on those closest to the fugitive would seem to be in the top 5 of how to catch a fugitive 101. All speculation of course as we don’t event know for sure she was at the camp.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"If it ends up being true that Kaitlin spent time with her sister at a camp with her sister it doesn’t exactly instill confidence that the Federal Marshalls are on top of things. Keeping an eye on those closest to the fugitive would seem to be in the top 5 of how to catch a fugitive 101. All speculation of course as we don’t event know for sure she was at the camp."

The arrest warrant was not issued until May 19th. She skipped town May 14th. She had a five day head start. By the time the US Marshalls received the warrant and went after her, she would have been gone from the campground.
Last edited by: Herbie Hancock: Jun 17, 22 5:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
facts have no place on the internet. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
Wow, they believe she is getting assistance, may have preplanned an escape plan, and could possibly be in Canada using her sister's name/ID

Her father stated to the press early on that she couldn't have conceivably done it, so I'd bet she's getting assistance.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/us-marshals-find-jeep-belonging-to-murder-suspect-kaitlin-armstrong/

12K for her Jeep.

There is some cash she is living on.......

Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If she took NJ Transit from Newark to AC, hoping to bump it up a little, she may be running on empty [literally]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/us-marshals-find-jeep-belonging-to-murder-suspect-kaitlin-armstrong/
12K for her Jeep.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...lson-found-rcna34973

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longboarder wrote:

Slightly annoyed by the article linked to repeating Strickland's PR statement that the relationship was short as fact. When that is contradicted by the information in the affidavit.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longboarder wrote:
12K for her Jeep.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...lson-found-rcna34973
Yeah, but have you seen the price for a jug of milk these days.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love all the “these are Federal Marshals, they have it under control” posts.

If they had it under control she would be incarcerated.

Even in this day and age, finding someone who doesn’t want to be found isn’t easy.

Godspeed. I hope justice is achieved.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Matt J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it has a boss hogg sound to it

Wheres the drones with facial recognition and laser guided hand cuffs?
Last edited by: Lacticturkey: Jun 23, 22 15:12
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, "Enemy of the State" was released 22years ago. This hunt is a really long training exercise.

In all seriousness - every time this thread pops up with new comments, I'm hoping to read she's been caught. If she has no SERE training, & is not getting help from someone that does, then the public has been mislead on law enforcement search & capture capabilities.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They probably know where she is, but didn't check to see if the door was unlocked, judging by the competence of Texas cops...

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next