Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a NJ Transit link there; could use cash at a ticket machine and get to Philly, NYC, or AC [or near me here in Atco/Hammonton, if she's so inclined LOL]

https://www.njtransit.com/airport

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
... and a way to get more.

I know this sounds horrible, but girls always have a way to get more --- especially if scared, on the run, and with nothing to lose

Or maybe I know too much about Atlantic City

No, I had the same thought. For all we know she's shacked up with some sugar daddy who's oblivious to her situation. I would guess the vast, vast majority of Americans don't know about this or have forgotten about it.

Hell, I know about it and I still wouldn't know her if she walked up to me and said hi.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't even need to be a 'sugar daddy' in the super-wealthy long-term relationship kinda way - could just be some chump who can provide her with a safehouse & some cash until she's off to the next stop

Even if it is someone who's following the story, she's changed her look and is comfortable using a different name & fabricated backstory by now

Last edited by: RandMart: Jun 7, 22 14:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Story just appeared on CNN, did about a 5 min segment so it's mainstream now.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would argue that a 5-minute piece on CNN, at 9:00 on a Wednesday, is NOT mainstream

Mainstream is a 5-minute spot on ABC News, while people are half-watching before Jeopardy! comes on

Mainstream will be when they do a 60-minute Dateline show, which is basically just a commercial for the 2-hour docu-drama they're releasing on Peacock

But, it's getting there, so thanks for the heads-up

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would make a good Dateline for sure. Wonder why they can't track her from the airport.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was having a conversation about this yesterday. One side states that with the amount of surveillance (remember the NSA?) they absolutely know where she is, but they can't act on it until they fabricate a side story about how they were able to track her down.

Other side stated that they still know where she is, but since she hasn't done anything to harm 'the powers that be' those powers don't care to act on it.

Long story short, nobody thought that she was actually off the grid and unfindable.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
Was having a conversation about this yesterday. One side states that with the amount of surveillance (remember the NSA?) they absolutely know where she is, but they can't act on it until they fabricate a side story about how they were able to track her down.

Other side stated that they still know where she is, but since she hasn't done anything to harm 'the powers that be' those powers don't care to act on it.

Long story short, nobody thought that she was actually off the grid and unfindable.

They do this all the time. They just say the were acting on a tip. When questioned about the tip they just say it was an anonymous tip from a concerned citizen.

In actuality they have absolutely NO idea where she is right now. She's operating off the grid, cash, pre-paid debit card, burner phone..etc. She will eventually mess up and be caught or end up dead. They always do.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
mathematics wrote:

They do this all the time. They just say the were acting on a tip. When questioned about the tip they just say it was an anonymous tip from a concerned citizen.

In actuality they have absolutely NO idea where she is right now. She's operating off the grid, cash, pre-paid debit card, burner phone..etc. She will eventually mess up and be caught or end up dead. They always do.

Usually, although I guess there's a chance someone like D.B. Cooper was dead from the outset.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are cameras all over Newark Airport, at Arrivals and at Departures, wherever she was dropped off

Whether she got into a Lyft, or an Uber, a stranger's car, or hopped on NJ Transit, it's been captured, along with license plates or train/bus numbers

If she got on NJT, there would be cameras wherever got got off again

Sure, at some point, public/electronic surveillance will run out, then it will be up to old-fashioned "Have you seen this woman?" to close the net

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
There are cameras all over Newark Airport, at Arrivals and at Departures, wherever she was dropped off

Whether she got into a Lyft, or an Uber, a stranger's car, or hopped on NJ Transit, it's been captured, along with license plates or train/bus numbers

If she got on NJT, there would be cameras wherever got got off again

Sure, at some point, public/electronic surveillance will run out, then it will be up to old-fashioned "Have you seen this woman?" to close the net

Don't you still need the manpower to watch all that video to find possibly find her? Might be talking about 1000's of hours or more of recordings.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, all I think I know about how these things work, is from what I see on TV [like Dateline, or crap on ID TV], which may not be accurate

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Been back to traveling a decent amount by air and while waiting in yet another airport line, recently I did take a quick scan around me, just within my line of site at that moment, there must have been 3 - 4 security cameras within view at Toronto Pearson Airport!

As to this case - you have to wonder, where someone like this would go, what is she doing, has she had help from others, is she still in the country . . or perhaps some other fate??

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jun 9, 22 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To me the most logical scenario is that she is no longer with us, and it's just a matter of time until she's discovered in that state. Sure there are wild things that could be happening but that's the most simple and logical to me.

She has no known criminal experience to be skilled enough to evade detection this long. Can't be seen or ping a phone trace if that's where you "are".

What a terrible scenario all around. Ugh.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you need experience... with the amount of crime and murder documentaries/pod casts that my wife watches, she's probably an expert on these matters by now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
I don't know if you need experience... with the amount of crime and murder documentaries/pod casts that my wife watches, she's probably an expert on these matters by now.

Do not piss her off...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair point, but an armchair expert is different than true experience expert, especially with this stuff - I can only imagine of course.

I love chess and watch tons of videos of grandmasters playing and analysis/commentary of those things, and think, oh yeah if I played that person I'd do this tactic or see that plan they had...but if I actually played one IRL with no YouTube video helping me, I'd get destroyed instantly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:

Just being reasonably smart probably gives you an upper hand as compared to 99% of folks out there with criminal experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Fair point, but an armchair expert is different than true experience expert, especially with this stuff - I can only imagine of course.

I was the "victim" and *I* went into hiding - my uncle found me a rental in FL and I sublet my place in Philly; disappeared from the neighborhood

I was dumb enough to come back to my old place and pick up where I left off six months earlier, thinking she'd cooled down, got her shit together, moved away, any combination of those, and I'd be safe

Nope

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
PBT_2009 wrote:

I was the "victim" and *I* went into hiding - my uncle found me a rental in FL and I sublet my place in Philly; disappeared from the neighborhood

I was dumb enough to come back to my old place and pick up where I left off six months earlier, thinking she'd cooled down, got her shit together, moved away, any combination of those, and I'd be safe

Nope

"Isn't RandMart the old punk rock dude who had the crazy ex?"

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [2brokenhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2brokenhips wrote:
Newest update on Kaitlin Armstrong whereabouts

Suspected love triangle killer Kaitlin Armstrong seen at NY campground (nypost.com)

So, if I'm reading that correctly, they are still almost a month behind her. She was spotted at the campground shortly "before it all blew up".

Come on.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bulldog15 wrote:
2brokenhips wrote:

Suspected love triangle killer Kaitlin Armstrong seen at NY campground (nypost.com)

So, if I'm reading that correctly, they are still almost a month behind her. She was spotted at the campground shortly "before it all blew up".

Come on.

That's what they want everyone (Including Armstrong) to think..........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
bulldog15 wrote:
2brokenhips wrote:

Come on.

That's what they want everyone (Including Armstrong) to think..........

Given what we've seen in the last few years, thinking that law enforcement officers have the wherewithal and restraint to keep their knowledge under wraps is effectively impossible. One cop thinks he's cool and leaks knowledge to the news, or more likely, the local chief wants to show how strong and smart the police are so he holds press conferences every time they get a sliver of a lead.

Fundamentally, not updating on knowledge of her location is harmful to the search. If they say she's spotted in an area, it'll get blasted on local news and you'll have more eyes in that area looking for her. Hiding sightings just helps he ghost around unnoticed.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bulldog15 wrote:

"I’ve been to every city in Mexico. Came across an unclaimed piece of meat in Baja, turned out to be Rosie. Guess he picked a knife fight with somebody better. Found a passport of yours in Sumatra. Missed you by about a week in Fiji. But I knew you wouldn’t miss the 50-Year Storm, Bodhi."

Quote Reply

Prev Next