Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to put out a call for Tommy Lee Jones

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like Emporia KS would be a good place to look this weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

"I didn't kill Mo Wilson"
"I don't care"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She’s is probably dead.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
Seems like Emporia KS would be a good place to look this weekend!

No one is THAT stupid.

"She’s is probably dead

If you were going to kill yourself, why not just do it in Austin. Why fly to New York & risk being captured?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Search every warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and Wheelhouse....
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mcalista] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if she's in the doghouse?

She must have a stash of cash or she would leave a trail right?
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the list of “pro” starters for Unbound Gravel, and Strickland’s name was not on the list. Don’t know if he planned to race it, before this terrible murder, but he usually races it every year
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
Looking at the list of “pro” starters for Unbound Gravel, and Strickland’s name was not on the list. Don’t know if he planned to race it, before this terrible murder, but he usually races it every year

He's apparently underground as well, hiding from the suspect.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edited: On second thought, I'll look into the story more to the extent I want answers. Think my question has likely already been bounced around earlier and throughout this thread and I should have probably read more closely before posting my question. Don't want to restart what I assume could be a very speculative and potentially unproductive dialogue.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Last edited by: flynnzu: Jun 2, 22 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
The US Marshalls vs. a 35 year old yoga teacher. Who would win?

I have no idea if I'm right or not, but it seems like the way to not get caught is to go to ground somewhere and minimize or even eliminate contact with people.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
... if infidelities disqualified you from endorsements, there would be a lot of professional athletes with a lot less money.

A certain iconic golfer comes to mind, and about half of the NBA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
I have not followed this closely, but why has Strickland lost his sponsorships? I'm not arguing one way or another and sorry if it's already delineated above, but I am not following how he has taken such a huge hit so quickly here. It does not appear he contributed, covered up or was even aware of the danger posed by his girlfriend. I suppose he purchased the firearm for her, but I don't think that was done illegally or with knowledge she was going to lose her mind and kill someone with it. I've seen some say he was cheating on his girlfriend (lying), but from the account linked the romantic part of his relationship with Mo occurred during a time when he and his girlfriend had broken up. Even if not, if infidelity's to one's girlfriend disqualified you from endorsements, there would be a lot of professional athletes with a lot less money.

Again, haven't followed closely but it looks like he has been cooperative with authorities and I have seen nothing to suggest he was aware of any mental instability or certainly any concerns of such devastating physical violence with regard to his girlfriend.

Just from a purely detached response... as a sponsor Strickland is not unreplaceable. Even if you end up with a worse athlete, every time they get a call up at a race some of the people standing around don't think "oh yeah his girlfriend went crazy and killed someone." It's probably not fair to him but at least for the immediate future he's scorched earth.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From that article:
Quote:
A close friend of Strickland’s, who gave his name only as David, told the Daily Mail(link is external): “None of us can sleep. He’s staying out of sight until she's caught. I do know where he is but I’m not mentioning where for his safety.
David, who worked at Wheelhouse Mobil(link is external)e, the vintage trailer refurbishment business owned by Strickland and Armstrong, said: “She was our accounts payable manager for our business and set up the website and things like that.

Yeah...I don't think leaving out his last name is really helping his anonymity here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
Edited: On second thought, I'll look into the story more to the extent I want answers. Think my question has likely already been bounced around earlier and throughout this thread and I should have probably read more closely before posting my question. Don't want to restart what I assume could be a very speculative and potentially unproductive dialogue.

The backlash against Strickland may be over the top. But I think it stems largely from the discrepancies between his public statement and his statement to the public. Maybe he didn't realize his police statement was going to end up on the public record. Nothing approaching criminal, but it wasn't a good look.

Agree that many athletes, including cyclists, are not the people they appear to be on Instagram. Sometimes when we get a peak at reality, it's difficult to square, including for sponsors.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still looking and reward offered.
https://www.velonews.com/...sI&fs=e&s=cl

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems strange that the - published - undates cease at her being seen getting dropped off at an airport. Given the security and surveillance in airports you would think they would be able to ascertain what she did when she got to the airport and where she went. Unless of course the intelligence on her being dropped off at the airport was just someone saying they think they saw her and there is nothing to corroborate it.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [The_Exile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What really seems strange is that a 35 year old part time real estate agent, part time yoga instructor, part time middle of the pack bike rider, has been able to evade the US Marshalls for so long. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it doesn't really speak much to their overall competency. It's not like she's some lifelong master criminal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
What really seems strange is that a 35 year old part time real estate agent, part time yoga instructor, part time middle of the pack bike rider, has been able to evade the US Marshalls for so long. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it doesn't really speak much to their overall competency. It's not like she's some lifelong master criminal.

How is she getting around? I thought they could warrant phone pings these days. And if you're not using straight cash 100% the time, cards track your location also. Only so long you can make it straight cash no phone. I mean, who carries a paper map these days? Otherwise, who is helping her would be my next question.

So I don't get it. Are there new hits on location, or possibly dead by now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, you would think she was some sort of criminal mastermind at this point. They should have been able to track her immediately from the airport of where she went, I can't imagine there aren't cameras covering every aspect of the airport.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was kind of thinking how hard it would be to go just totally gridless on a "spur." Even if you had a stash of cash it'd be tough I'd think... agreed thinking she's got some help. (Or we aren't getting the full story, which is also likely)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
I was kind of thinking how hard it would be to go just totally gridless on a "spur." Even if you had a stash of cash it'd be tough I'd think... agreed thinking she's got some help. (Or we aren't getting the full story, which is also likely)

I'd like to think if I was facing a murder charge I could ditch my phone and credit card. Key would be having enough cash and a way to get more.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
... and a way to get more.

I know this sounds horrible, but girls always have a way to get more --- especially if scared, on the run, and with nothing to lose

Or maybe I know too much about Atlantic City

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just reading an article saying now that authorities are now saying she was dropped off on the 18th at Newark Airport with no indication she was ticketed for any flight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

More likely it's a Brian Laundrie situation and her body will be found well off the beaten path by somebody's off leash dog coming back with a femur in its mouth. I find it highly unlikely that she is living a cash only, off the grid existence in the United States and successfully evading the US Marshalls. I also highly doubt that she has anyone to rely on that is both dumb enough and loyal enough to be assisting her in evading the authorities.
Quote Reply

Prev Next