Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yeah, I probably shouldn't even speculate, but it seems like it was a 'hot-blood' murder. She loved this guy, got jealous, and since they're in Texas there's guns everywhere. A world different from sitting in her house coldly planning out how to do it. It's still bad, but if I were her lawyer this would be my argument.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a mechanical engineer. In instances like this, and other times trying to understand unhinged humans like this woman, I kinda wish I would've put more effort towards psych classes or even a psych major. I just can't put any of the puzzles pieces together to even try to understand the thought process. It's just scary there are people like this roaming around out there.

This!

Clearly she's a bit to a lot unhinged. There were tell-tale signs from everything I have read about her. But because so much of what else she did was "normal" - people would just gloss over it all and forget about it.

It seems from what we have heard and seen, it's somewhat of an open and closed case - but I read somewhere the Defense has information that no one has heard about apparently that will change EVERYTHING about the way it's all been explained so far. I guess we will find out soon enough!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdana87 wrote:
I'm a mechanical engineer. In instances like this, and other times trying to understand unhinged humans like this woman, I kinda wish I would've put more effort towards psych classes or even a psych major. I just can't put any of the puzzles pieces together to even try to understand the thought process. It's just scary there are people like this roaming around out there.

There was an episode of Without a Trace where a prisoner who was just a few weeks short of being released went missing. The FBI guys thought something had happened to him, the warden thought he'd escaped. When the FBI guys asked, "why would he escape when he's so class to his release date?" the warden replied (paraphrasing here), "these men have bad judgement. That's why they're here."

So, yeah. I go back to that thought a lot - including earlier in this thread, when people were asking why she'd go to all the trouble of fleeing the country, when the destination she chose has an extradition treaty with the US while a neighboring country does not. A lot of people making very bad decisions. And, of course, too many people in the US making those decisions with guns in their hands.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
, when the destination she chose has an extradition treaty with the US while a neighboring country does not.

There is probably no place in Central or South America that isn't happy to return a U.S. citizen under indictment for "simple murder" in the U.S. And I think they all have actual extradition treaties. Where roadblocks might come is extraditing a citizen of the foreign country to the U.S. for a crime committed in the U.S. Countries tend to hesitate to extradite their own citizens. But no one's going to have an incentive to protect Armstrong.

Also Costa Rica resorts seem like a decent place in blend in. I'm not supporting her overall decision making, just PSA that if you're running from the law, you're not "home free" anywhere in South or Central America. Even Venezuela will extradite, and it's maybe the least U.S.-friendly country in the area.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 15, 23 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

There is probably no place in Central or South America that isn't happy to return a U.S. citizen under indictment for "simple murder" in the U.S. And I think they all have actual extradition treaties. Where roadblocks might come is extraditing a citizen of the foreign country to the U.S. for a crime committed in the U.S. Countries tend to hesitate to extradite their own citizens. But no one's going to have an incentive to protect Armstrong.

Also Costa Rica resorts seem like a decent place in blend in. I'm not supporting her overall decision making, just PSA that if you're running from the law, you're not "home free" anywhere in South or Central America. Even Venezuela will extradite, and it's maybe the least U.S.-friendly country in the area.

I'm no extradition expert. There was some Monday Morning Quarterbacking earlier in this thread (their term, not mine) that she would have been better off going to Nicaragua, that's all I was going with.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Closing arguments just wrapped up on the Kaitlin Armstrong trial that started on 11/1 - consensus is that it doesn't seem like it will take the jury too long to make a (guilty) decision.

Team Saunders on YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TSTriATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TSTriATX wrote:
Closing arguments just wrapped up on the Kaitlin Armstrong trial that started on 11/1 - consensus is that it doesn't seem like it will take the jury too long to make a (guilty) decision.

So what was the profound evidence that the defense was just waiting to reveal to the world?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TSTriATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdana87 wrote:

As a student mechanical engineer I wish I'd spend more time trying to understand Laplace transforms and partial differentiation better, and maybe less time in the pub trying to get the opportunity to get to understand female humans.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sentenced to 90 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Sentenced to 90 years.

Eligible for parole when she's 80.
Life expectancy of inmates is shorter than the general population so she's likely to die in prison.
Oh well.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"She's such a special person," Christine Armstrong said before looking at Kaitlin Armstrong. "I've always looked up to you. ... She's always cared for other people."

per her sister.. really, you're going to say that at a murder trial?

people have such a sense of weird loyalty when it comes to family. if my sister murdered someone, i wouldn't be saying shit like, you always cared for other people, lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon wrote:
"She's such a special person," Christine Armstrong said before looking at Kaitlin Armstrong. "I've always looked up to you. ... She's always cared for other people."

people have such a sense of weird loyalty when it comes to family. if my sister murdered someone, i wouldn't be saying shit like, you always cared for other people, lol.

Yeah, but same sister that also gave Armstrong her passport so she could flee the country, so morality and empathy has clearly long departed that family.

Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
ahhchon wrote:

Yeah, but same sister that also gave Armstrong her passport so she could flee the country, so morality and empathy has clearly long departed that family.

She testified that she didn't give it to her.....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
TSTriATX wrote:

So what was the profound evidence that the defense was just waiting to reveal to the world?

That Armstrong's DNA was on the saddle and handlebars of Wilson's bike, and not on the frame "where any normal person would pick up the bike".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
IKnowEverything wrote:
ahhchon wrote:

I have a bridge to sell anyone that believes her!

Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
IKnowEverything wrote:
ahhchon wrote:

Yeah my passport and extra cash are locked in my safe. If my brother were on the run I would take them out of the safe, place them in a drawer right in front of him and then walk away. Wink...Wink....
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope your brother is a good person so this never comes to fruition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
IKnowEverything wrote:
ahhchon wrote:

It seems rather obvious that in reality the sister did actually give it to her, but spoken or unspoken they agreed that if caught Kaitlin would say she stole it. Adding theft of a passport/identity theft to murder charges is a drop in the bucket. Her sister getting a felony conviction and potential jail time for aiding a fugitive is a very big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually he is an A-Hole. Wouldn't even let him in my house. I doubt her sister catches any charges for this.
Last edited by: Herbie Hancock: Dec 30, 23 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kaitlin Armstrong's lawyer requests new trial after murder conviction

https://www.kvue.com/...cb-96b6-34554db1d985
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Kaitlin Armstrong's lawyer requests new trial after murder conviction

https://www.kvue.com/...cb-96b6-34554db1d985

What does her possibly being pregnant have anything to do with the murder? Are they going to argue it was a hormonal response and not premeditated?
Quote Reply

Prev Next