Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
refthimos wrote:
Armstrong pleads not guilty and her attorneys are suggesting there is more to the story than has been reported.

https://www.cnn.com/...ot-guilty/index.html

https://www.statesman.com/...october/65378126007/

My guess is some sort of self defense. Armstrong confronted her about trying to steal her boyfriend, Mo attacked her, and so she shot her.

You show up at somebody else’s place, with a gun, to confront them -
there’s nothing “self-defense” about that, at all.

Plus, the whole “fleeing the authorities, leaving the country, having cosmetic surgery to alter your appearance, etc”.

… totally the actions of somebody who was just defending themselves. 🙄
/ end pink.

No shit, but they have to come up with some kind of defense.

But also, this happened in Texas. The above course of events is way outside of innocence, but if they can craft a story where Armstrong 'exercised her right as a citizen to carry a firearm', made a legal if not morally questionable visit to a love rival, and then 'feared for her life' and 'exercised her right to self defense'.

The defense is also going to argue that fleeing the country, hair and face changes are not relevant to the case and try to keep them out of the evidence. It probably won't work, but weirder things have happened.

Yes, I didn't want to bring up the Texas angle too. You only need to get one contrarian, jack-off on the jury.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
refthimos wrote:
Armstrong pleads not guilty and her attorneys are suggesting there is more to the story than has been reported.

My guess is some sort of self defense. Armstrong confronted her about trying to steal her boyfriend, Mo attacked her, and so she shot her.

Plus, the whole “fleeing the authorities, leaving the country, having cosmetic surgery to alter your appearance, etc”.

/ end pink.

She could always say "I was waving the gun to defend myself and it went off; I didn't mean to shoot her, nevermind kill her

... then I panicked and went on the run"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really want to be called to jury duty for this case.

Team Saunders on YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
mathematics wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
refthimos wrote:

/ end pink.

No shit, but they have to come up with some kind of defense.

But also, this happened in Texas. The above course of events is way outside of innocence, but if they can craft a story where Armstrong 'exercised her right as a citizen to carry a firearm', made a legal if not morally questionable visit to a love rival, and then 'feared for her life' and 'exercised her right to self defense'.

The defense is also going to argue that fleeing the country, hair and face changes are not relevant to the case and try to keep them out of the evidence. It probably won't work, but weirder things have happened.

Yes, I didn't want to bring up the Texas angle too. You only need to get one contrarian, jack-off on the jury.

Jury selection is the absolute most important aspect of any trial. More important than innocence or guilt, ironically.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TSTriATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TSTriATX wrote:

I'd say unless you lie to them, there's no way you'll get in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She should have just waited until Mo was cycling, then run her over in her vehicle, which would have been a modest fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
TSTriATX wrote:

100% won't get in, but still want to be called.

Team Saunders on YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
TSTriATX wrote:

"Do you think you can treat this case impartially, based only on the evidence and the law?"

"Oh, don't worry, your honor. We got this all sorted out on Slowtwitch already. Let's do this."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TSTriATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TSTriATX wrote:

I think that would immediately disqualify you from it.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
She should have just waited until Mo was cycling, then run her over in her vehicle, which would have been a modest fine.

Sadly this is true.

If she had a big-ass truck, certainly

But she only had a Jeep

Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

Sadly this is true.

If she had a big-ass truck, certainly

But she only had a Jeep

what if she had been drinking?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
TSTriATX wrote:

And if you were to get in, your post has just gifted both sides a 'mis-trial' card to play as desired.
Last edited by: BobAjobb: Jul 21, 22 17:23
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did the suspect flee with 450K or had she already returned it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting if their defense is that Strickland manipulated her, bought the gun and drove her to kill his other lover. Dateline material for sure.
Last edited by: Herbie Hancock: Jul 22, 22 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Seth person linked earlier sounds like some anger issues are present.

Brilliant with the comparison of the size of the bike industry vs the legal one. I know where I’d rather waste my money, no matter how crappy certain races may be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Watching Americans argue about guns... SMH. Look outside your borders once in a while.
Most of the civilized world figured out that guns are bad a long time ago and now gun deaths are now relatively rare (but not zero).

My dad was hardline republican. He was a very responsible and conservative about his guns but.

He had the A-list - to name a few.

AR-15
AK-47
Uzi
Walther P38

When he died my mom eventually asked me if I wanted them. I had only been married one year but my wife had such a homicidal temper I thought dear god they are going to find me with 30 rounds in my back so I declined her offer. I thought mom would be very offended but she actually just said "thank you, I didn't think you needed all of that"

I had read too many stories of parents loosing there sh*t and shooting the whole family dead.
And I was right, that conversation was 2008, 9 years later I had to divorce my wife with a restraining order. Her anger dial only had one setting - claw your face out black pupil animal rage.

First meeting at court..
My attorney: Holy sh*t, I can't believe that's her

Me: What do you mean?

My attorney: I can't believe that's the woman screaming like an animal in your recordings. She looks like a little angel, she's dressed meticulously and her voice is so soft I can barely hear her.

Me: Thats why I kept records for the last 6 years I didn't think anyone would believe me, and when you hear the recording, it matches everything I wrote on my "incident reports" i kept at work for years.

My attorney: Usually people who act like this when we meet them in court you can kind of pick up on their craziness - it comes out in little ways. With her, you can't tell at all. Thats scary, that means there is something REALLY WRONG with her.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been catching up on all our favorite shows on the DVR since almost finishing Chattanooga last week and I came across the season opener of Dateline that we had DVR'd; "The Last Ride". That was probably the best Dateline I have watched since I knew the entire story from following this thread. I thought they did a really good job covering the story and it was really interesting to hear other details about the crime that were not discussed here. I came back to this thread thinking there would be some discussion about it but I didn't find anything. Hard to believe others haven't watched this, and if not, I highly recommend watching the episode if you followed this thread. The last interview in the episode is Kristen's lawyer. "Holy Cow". You'd want this guy if you were being accused of murder. What a story he has......
Last edited by: TJ56: Oct 5, 22 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't heard about that. I'll take a look for it and give it a watch soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
I've been catching up on all our favorite shows on the DVR since finishing Chattanooga last week and I came across the season opener of Dateline that we had DVR'd; "The Last Ride". That was probably the best Dateline I have watched since I knew the entire story from following this thread. I thought they did a really good job covering the story and it was really interesting to hear other details about the crime that were not discussed here. I came back to this thread thinking there would be some discussion about it but I didn't find anything. Hard to believe others haven't watched this, and if not, I highly recommend watching the episode if you followed this thread. The last interview in the episode is Kristen's lawyer. "Holy Cow". You'd want this guy if you were being accused of murder. What a story he has......

I watched the Dateline episode. Really good.

I still think Armstrong is guilt AF (that was definitely her vehicle pulling up to the crime scene on camera), however there looks to be a case for reasonable doubt here.

I can't figure out how the landlord didn't hear the gunshots being downstairs from the apartment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The US legal system with "beyond a reasonable doubt" can always make these types of cases very interesting. I would assume with this type of messy dating background issues, it's going to be very "nasty" for families to hear about their family members, etc.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
I've been catching up on all our favorite shows on the DVR since almost finishing Chattanooga last week and I came across the season opener of Dateline that we had DVR'd; "The Last Ride". That was probably the best Dateline I have watched since I knew the entire story from following this thread. I thought they did a really good job covering the story and it was really interesting to hear other details about the crime that were not discussed here. I came back to this thread thinking there would be some discussion about it but I didn't find anything. Hard to believe others haven't watched this, and if not, I highly recommend watching the episode if you followed this thread. The last interview in the episode is Kristen's lawyer. "Holy Cow". You'd want this guy if you were being accused of murder. What a story he has......

Just downloaded, thanks.
(don't want to hijack the thread, but dateline episodes are good as audio-only podcasts. Comes up very rarely that I wish I could be watching/seeing it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the show when it first aired. Maybe it was my own personal bias, but I thought they let Strickland off lightly. IMHO, he didn't pull the trigger, but as others have said on this thread, he was the "enabler" and that was not a takeaway for me from watching this. It did provide more details than other outlets have shared however.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [scooter23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it when it was on as well but only up to the point she was captured in Costa Rice; I might've DVR'd it then deleted it

I'll have to watch the end on Peacock - gonna be weird watching something about bikes on Peacock w/o Bobke, CVV or Ant LOL

Quote Reply

Prev Next