Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Wow, this makes Strickland look even worse.......denied knowing the victim, at first questioning, and also the $450k "investment" money (he did ask for it back!)

Reading the Yahoo News story about some of the latest news on this case, my gut tells me there is all kinds of things about the behind-the-scenes goings on that will be coming out later. Maybe, Colin Strickland, was just really unlucky to hook-up with an exponentially overly jealous, ticking time-bomb of a psychopath woman . . . but perhaps he was not? Maybe he knows more than he's currently letting on - PURELY speculating and guessing her. No one really knows that this stage. There are always bizarre twists and turns in these murder cases that few people can predict!

That should take nothing away from the raw, terrible tragedy of this! She was a daughter, a friend, and a quickly emerging talent in All Terrain Racing!

Occam's razor.
Strickland wanted to bang/date Mo without his current girlfriend finding out. Dude had a rep as a player.
Armstrong found out, lost her shit, and killed Mo. Not much more complicated than that.
If this was anywhere with sane gun laws, they would have had nasty words and a fist fight, but it's Texas, so it's guns and death.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
mdana87 wrote:
and...

"One of the warrants states that Strickland texted Armstrong right after dropping off Wilson at 8:36 p.m., a minute before police say her Jeep showed up on surveillance video outside the crime scene."

Sounds like there should be some charges filed against some accomplices. So disgusting.

What did the text message say?
Seems pertinent, no?

Is it such a stretch to think that "on my way home, what's for dinner..." could have been the signal that Strickland dropped off Mo at the house she was staying at? Maybe it wasn't that, but maybe it was. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought the timing was interesting, regardless of what the actual message said.

Edit to add, clearly this dude is a scumbag, scumbags do scummy things, which can mean cheating on a partner/spouse or helping someone commit a very serious crime.
Last edited by: Andres: Jul 15, 22 14:37
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I guess I wasn't the only one who thought the timing was interesting, regardless of what the actual message said.

Timing made perfect sense to me. Text sent immediately after done with one woman and turn attention to next woman. Jeep shows up one minute later because Armstrong either followed Strickland and Wilson or was staking out the house.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
I guess I wasn't the only one who thought the timing was interesting, regardless of what the actual message said.

Timing made perfect sense to me. Text sent immediately after done with one woman and turn attention to next woman. Jeep shows up one minute later because Armstrong either followed Strickland and Wilson or was staking out the house.

I'm sure Armstrong got wind of Strickland hanging out with another woman (maybe she knew it was Mo...maybe not. But another woman just the same). Followed Strickland from the pool to the burger joint then to dropping Mo off at her friend's place. Then we all know what happened from there,,,,,,

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The easiest explanation is exactly that. She was sitting up the street.

The legal term, which typically can elevate a murder charge from second to first degree, is lying in wait.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:
Wow, this makes Strickland look even worse.......denied knowing the victim, at first questioning, and also the $450k "investment" money (he did ask for it back!)

Reading the Yahoo News story about some of the latest news on this case, my gut tells me there is all kinds of things about the behind-the-scenes goings on that will be coming out later. Maybe, Colin Strickland, was just really unlucky to hook-up with an exponentially overly jealous, ticking time-bomb of a psychopath woman . . . but perhaps he was not? Maybe he knows more than he's currently letting on - PURELY speculating and guessing her. No one really knows that this stage. There are always bizarre twists and turns in these murder cases that few people can predict!

That should take nothing away from the raw, terrible tragedy of this! She was a daughter, a friend, and a quickly emerging talent in All Terrain Racing!

Occam's razor.
Strickland wanted to bang/date Mo without his current girlfriend finding out. Dude had a rep as a player.
Armstrong found out, lost her shit, and killed Mo. Not much more complicated than that.
If this was anywhere with sane gun laws, they would have had nasty words and a fist fight, but it's Texas, so it's guns and death.

No, based on how much effort she went through it would have been a stabbing or a bombing.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Occam's razor.

Curiousā€¦do you mean sane gun laws like Chicago or New York City? Or are you merely a lemming, piling on crazy oleā€™ Texas?

Because Iā€™d wager Texas has far less shooting deaths than Illinois or New Yorkā€¦who have much stricter gun lawsā€¦
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Occam's razor.

Curiousā€¦do you mean sane gun laws like Chicago or New York City? Or are you merely a lemming, piling on crazy oleā€™ Texas?

Because Iā€™d wager Texas has far less shooting deaths than Illinois or New Yorkā€¦who have much stricter gun lawsā€¦

Then youā€™d lose that wager.

On a per-capita basis, red states are about 2x the level of gun-related deaths to blue states.
For the exact reason youā€™ (not you, clearly - generic ā€˜youā€™) would logically expect -
due to guns being far more prevalent and easily obtained in red states.

Itā€™s almost as if more guns = more gun-related deaths?
Nah. Thatā€™s unpossible.

Itā€™s not like Murcia leads the developed world in gun ownership, by a ridiculously huge margin.
And also leads the world in gun deaths, also by a ridiculously huge margin.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curiousā€¦do you mean sane gun laws like Chicago or New York City? Or are you merely a lemming, piling on crazy oleā€™ Texas? //

I think the real lemmings when it comes to guns, are the MAGA crowd, the far right and the plugged in FOX crowd. You know, the ones who think that gun laws here in the US are somehow in a vacuum. They like to point to places who are trying to tighten up there areas, and how it often doesn't help that much. They are so dumb and clueless, that they cannot see the gun shop across the county or state line still pumping guns into these areas. Those would be your lemmings, the ones that like to say if you cannot cure all the problems, and right now, what is the point?...
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
zooropa wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Occam's razor.

On a per-capita basis, red states are about 2x the level of gun-related deaths to blue states.
For the exact reason youā€™ (not you, clearly - generic ā€˜youā€™) would logically expect -

Itā€™s not like Murcia leads the developed world in gun ownership, by a ridiculously huge margin.

I understand what you are sayingā€¦I did not do a great job making my real pointā€¦i just think it is really narrow minded thinking to say this murder happened because of a gun law or lack there of.

As to your point Iā€™d lose my wagerā€¦you are correct I was wrong. But you are not fully correct eitherā€¦pertaining to the 3 states I mentionedā€¦you are right on the mark with New Yorkā€¦but Texas and Illinois have basically equal gun mortality rates per the CDC. Texas 14.2, Illinois 14.1/100,000. While one state has much stricter gun lawsā€¦
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Curiousā€¦do you mean sane gun laws like Chicago or New York City? Or are you merely a lemming, piling on crazy oleā€™ Texas? //

I think the real lemmings when it comes to guns, are the MAGA crowd, the far right and the plugged in FOX crowd. You know, the ones who think that gun laws here in the US are somehow in a vacuum. They like to point to places who are trying to tighten up there areas, and how it often doesn't help that much. They are so dumb and clueless, that they cannot see the gun shop across the county or state line still pumping guns into these areas. Those would be your lemmings, the ones that like to say if you cannot cure all the problems, and right now, what is the point?...

Didnā€™t vote for trumpā€¦sorry Montyā€¦and itā€™s just the California thing to paint anyone you donā€™t agree with as someone who watches FOXā€¦this shit is so fucking tiredā€¦
Last edited by: zooropa: Jul 15, 22 18:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
zooropa wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Occam's razor.

There is almost no difference per 100k between Illinois (14.1 Deaths) and Texas (14.2 Deaths).

Can you explain why Delaware and Louisiana are so high? Louisiana may be purple, but the gun crime comes from one city, which is BLUE as can be.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Jul 15, 22 20:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't call you out personally, did the description offend you though? You know what is tired, people that parrot the talking points of all the right wing media and outlets, but then pretend they came up with those assumptions all on their own. Do you really expect that recent tougher gun laws are going to magically make things way better overnight?

It took us 100's of years to get to this place in our history, it will at the very least take many, many decades to get us out of it. We are at the very beginning of trying to do something about gun violence here in the US, and to cherry pick a county here and there who have begun that process, and call them out because it is still bad there, well seems kind of tired too, no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Things like MAGA and CIS belong in the lavender room. Both are pejorative terms.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I didn't call you out personally, did the description offend you though? You know what is tired, people that parrot the talking points of all the right wing media and outlets, but then pretend they came up with those assumptions all on their own. Do you really expect that recent tougher gun laws are going to magically make things way better overnight?

It took us 100's of years to get to this place in our history, it will at the very least take many, many decades to get us out of it. We are at the very beginning of trying to do something about gun violence here in the US, and to cherry pick a county here and there who have begun that process, and call them out because it is still bad there, well seems kind of tired too, no?

You continue to make my points for meā€¦

Monty talking equals supremely nuanced opinions and anything else is a ā€œtalking pointā€ so you can label peopleā€¦againā€¦fucking tired
Last edited by: zooropa: Jul 16, 22 4:12
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
xtrpickels wrote:
mdana87 wrote:
and...

"One of the warrants states that Strickland texted Armstrong right after dropping off Wilson at 8:36 p.m., a minute before police say her Jeep showed up on surveillance video outside the crime scene."

Sounds like there should be some charges filed against some accomplices. So disgusting.

What did the text message say?
Seems pertinent, no?

Is it such a stretch to think that "on my way home, what's for dinner..." could have been the signal that Strickland dropped off Mo at the house she was staying at? Maybe it wasn't that, but maybe it was. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought the timing was interesting, regardless of what the actual message said.

Edit to add, clearly this dude is a scumbag, scumbags do scummy things, which can mean cheating on a partner/spouse or helping someone commit a very serious crime.

Why would this Strickland guy want her dead?
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People, letā€™s get back on track here. https://www.crimeonline.com/...ports/?fs=e&s=cl[/url]

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
zooropa wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Occam's razor.

There is almost no difference per 100k between Illinois (14.1 Deaths) and Texas (14.2 Deaths).

Can you explain why Delaware and Louisiana are so high? Louisiana may be purple, but the gun crime comes from one city, which is BLUE as can be.

Delaware is 25th, not really sure Iā€™d call that high per seā€¦more like almost exactly in the middle. Though it did jump a bit from 2019 (9.9) to 2020 (14.4). Given that the majority of firearm desths in Delaware are suicides and not homicides, perhaps there was an increase in firearm related suicides which lead to this jump

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello logella and All,

Some of you may have followed Seth Davidson some time back .... 'Cycling in the South Bay' ... with his daily (for many years) post on all things bicycle (it is not about the bicycle).

Seth left Palos Verdes some time ago and lives in the mountains up toward Lake Isabella, CA. about 144.9 miles from Valyermo.

After a couple of years off the grid ... he is now cranking out a post most every day again ...

You might find his take on Mo Wilson murder interesting ... Seth is also an attorney ... and can recite about 6 hours of Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales' ... in middle english ... from memory.

https://citsb.com/...strickland-murderer/

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Jul 17, 22 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this. Interesting read -- probably too quick to excuse Armstrong's alleged actions, but makes a well argued case, and I certainly agree with his assessment of Strickland.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello logella and All,

Some of you may have followed Seth Davidson some time back .... 'Cycling in the South Bay' ... with his daily (for many years) post on all things bicycle (it is not about the bicycle).

Seth left Palos Verdes some time ago and lives in the mountains up toward Lake Isabella, CA. about 144.9 miles from Valyermo.

After a couple of years off the grid ... he is now cranking out a post most every day again ...

You might find his take on Mo Wilson murder interesting ... Seth is also an attorney ... and can speak about 6 hours of Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales' ... in middle english ... from memory.

Wow. Thatā€™s an amazing article.

Hmmm - a malignant narcissist gaslighting people into committing crimes on their behalf, then acting like they had nothing to do with it?

That sounds kinda familiarā€¦.
/ end pink.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
zooropa wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Occam's razor.

I understand what you are sayingā€¦I did not do a great job making my real pointā€¦i just think it is really narrow minded thinking to say this murder happened because of a gun law or lack there of.

As to your point Iā€™d lose my wagerā€¦you are correct I was wrong. But you are not fully correct eitherā€¦pertaining to the 3 states I mentionedā€¦you are right on the mark with New Yorkā€¦but Texas and Illinois have basically equal gun mortality rates per the CDC. Texas 14.2, Illinois 14.1/100,000. While one state has much stricter gun lawsā€¦

The majority of guns used in crimes in Illinois come from across state lines, where there are some of the latest gun laws in the country. Not to mention that there is a large section of red in the state with mostly just the cities being blue. Lot of guns in Illinois
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
zooropa wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Occam's razor.

As has been explained before, if you have a place with strict gun laws surrounded by places that have none, that unfortunately doesn't fully work. It's essentially the same thing as COVID
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
nealhe wrote:
Hello logella and All,

You might find his take on Mo Wilson murder interesting ... Seth is also an attorney ... and can speak about 6 hours of Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales' ... in middle english ... from memory.

Wow. Thatā€™s an amazing article.

Hmmm - a malignant narcissist gaslighting people into committing crimes on their behalf, then acting like they had nothing to do with it?

That sounds kinda familiarā€¦.
/ end pink.

It's also incredibly speculative unless this guy actually knows Strickland and was privy to his relationship with Armstrong. He's taken a couple of facts and done a huge amount of speculation.

Is every person that cheats a narcissist? How does he have any idea Strickland was gaslighting Armstrong as opposed to her just being bat shit crazy?
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
How does he have any idea Strickland was gaslighting Armstrong as opposed to her just being bat shit crazy?

His last text to Armstrong was pure gaslighting. He had just gone swimming with a romantic interest, and texted to Armstrong a lie that he was delivering flowers and his phone died. And, what do you want for dinner?

His other texts in the police affidavit indicate he was also gaslighting Wilson.

She's also batshit crazy, though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next