Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Matt J wrote:

The most obvious Monday morning quarterback decision would have been to catch the bus up to Penas Blancas and hop the border into Nicaragua. San Juan del Sur could have provided an expat lifestyle with the comfort of much more difficult extradition.

Most obvious Monday morning quarterback decision is don't shoot someone.

I was listening to a podcast about a conspiracy theorist whose son was killed at Sandy Hook who then became the victim of conspiracy theorists claiming that it was a hoax. He provided some interesting insight that applies here: To some degree we are drawn to the excitement of thinking we "know" things that others don't know. Playing make believe, whether it be imagining what you would do if you won the lottery, how you would rob a bank, or trying to figure out how the moon landing was faked is fun because there is no attachment on an emotional level. When you have that detachment it doesn't really occur to your mind that what you are doing is hurtful.

I feel like there has been some insensitivity on this thread. I am sure it is unintentional. Just people not recognizing that Mo Wilson had a mom and dad and friends and these people will have empty hearts because they will never see her again.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said.

This whole situation is nothing but awful for everyone (except the hate mongers).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
tigermilk wrote:
Matt J wrote:

The most obvious Monday morning quarterback decision would have been to catch the bus up to Penas Blancas and hop the border into Nicaragua. San Juan del Sur could have provided an expat lifestyle with the comfort of much more difficult extradition.

I was listening to a podcast about a conspiracy theorist whose son was killed at Sandy Hook who then became the victim of conspiracy theorists claiming that it was a hoax. He provided some interesting insight that applies here: To some degree we are drawn to the excitement of thinking we "know" things that others don't know. Playing make believe, whether it be imagining what you would do if you won the lottery, how you would rob a bank, or trying to figure out how the moon landing was faked is fun because there is no attachment on an emotional level. When you have that detachment it doesn't really occur to your mind that what you are doing is hurtful.

I feel like there has been some insensitivity on this thread. I am sure it is unintentional. Just people not recognizing that Mo Wilson had a mom and dad and friends and these people will have empty hearts because they will never see her again.

This. It's so weird reading some of these comments suggesting how she could've gotten away with murdering Mo Wilson.

I'm glad she got caught, and Mo's family will get some clousure.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some in this thread have speculated that Kaitlin Armstrong may have used her sister's passport to travel. The recent news reports seem to confirm this suspicion:

Quote:
Authorities said that Armstrong fraudulently used another person's passport to flee the US from Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey to San Jose, Costa Rica, on May 18, a day after the APD obtained a warrant for her arrest in connection to the homicide investigation.

Filla noted in the press conference that the passport belonged to "someone that was closely associated with her."

Link to cyclingnews story.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This part seems even more confirmatory:

“Filla confirmed that two passports were found after her arrest in a locker at the hostel. A witness stated in an Inside Edition report that one belonged to Armstrong and the other to a family member.”

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More details emerging ...

https://www.yahoo.com/video/texas-murder-suspect-kaitlin-armstrong-131714011.html
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [bpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, this makes Strickland look even worse.......denied knowing the victim, at first questioning, and also the $450k "investment" money (he did ask for it back!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It's not that hard to actually make these links work.....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and...

"One of the warrants states that Strickland texted Armstrong right after dropping off Wilson at 8:36 p.m., a minute before police say her Jeep showed up on surveillance video outside the crime scene."

Sounds like there should be some charges filed against some accomplices. So disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdana87 wrote:
and...

"One of the warrants states that Strickland texted Armstrong right after dropping off Wilson at 8:36 p.m., a minute before police say her Jeep showed up on surveillance video outside the crime scene."

Sounds like there should be some charges filed against some accomplices. So disgusting.

What did the text message say?
Seems pertinent, no?

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course pertinent, but I don't think that info has been made public. The timing of the text is pretty suspect, considering earlier information provided to the public.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bpe wrote:
More details emerging ...

https://www.yahoo.com/video/texas-murder-suspect-kaitlin-armstrong-131714011.html

If you put a space before the link it will work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdana87 wrote:
Of course pertinent, but I don't think that info has been made public. The timing of the text is pretty suspect, considering earlier information provided to the public.

In Kaitlin Armstrong's original arrest warrant, Strickland admitted to the police that he texted Armstrong after dropping Wilson off at her friends house. The wording of the text was reported as follows:

"Hey! Are you out? I went to drop some flowers for Alison at her sons house up north and my phone died. Headed home unless you have another food suggestion"

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdana87 wrote:

I mean, it's pretty obvious, isn't it? He was cheating on his SO, so probably didn't use his phone while he was with Wilson. As soon as he dropped her off he messaged her... probably something like... "Hey, babe... sorry my phone died...".
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Jul 13, 22 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, for one, am just happy it's not another doping scandal.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FasterTwitch wrote:
I, for one, am just happy it's not another doping scandal.

I’ll take doping over murder any day.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto. This thing just gets worse every time something new is released.

I'll take doping scandals anyday.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
mdana87 wrote:

In Kaitlin Armstrong's original arrest warrant, Strickland admitted to the police that he texted Armstrong after dropping Wilson off at her friends house. The wording of the text was reported as follows:

"Hey! Are you out? I went to drop some flowers for Alison at her sons house up north and my phone died. Headed home unless you have another food suggestion"

Exactly,

The previous poster that I was responding to was insinuating that Colin was a knowing accomplice because he texted Armstrong when Mo was dropped off.

If this is the message, then I don't think you can make that link.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
tigermilk wrote:
Matt J wrote:

Your post stood out to me. Yes the common denominator is "I know secret things others don't" that people get a rush off of.

9-11
Sandy Hook
Q-Anon
Stolen Election
Illuminati
Extreme cultlike variants of Christianity
Fake medical secrets
Wealth building "experts"
MLM/Network business.

There is more money to be made selling these ideas than anything concrete or tangible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

It's absolutely horrible what happened but I do feel like as a whole people are more sensitive (and reasonable) here than places like Reddit and other forums. It bothers me to think this could have been avoided in the first place. I know it is hard to take people seriously sometimes but there seemed to be some warnings signs here that may have prevented this senseless act. Just horrific for her parents. Life is short, life is precious. RIP MO.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Stafford Brown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stafford Brown wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
tigermilk wrote:
Matt J wrote:

Your post stood out to me. Yes the common denominator is "I know secret things others don't" that people get a rush off of.

9-11
Sandy Hook
Q-Anon
Stolen Election
Illuminati
Fake medical secrets
MLM/Network business.

There is more money to be made selling these ideas than anything concrete or tangible.

That's what I've heard too. Being a conspiracy nutter is mostly about feeling superior to others, that you're the one who knows the real deal that the sheeple just don't get.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ajthomas wrote:

It's absolutely horrible what happened but I do feel like as a whole people are more sensitive (and reasonable) here than places like Reddit and other forums. It bothers me to think this could have been avoided in the first place. I know it is hard to take people seriously sometimes but there seemed to be some warnings signs here that may have prevented this senseless act. Just horrific for her parents. Life is short, life is precious. RIP MO.

I guess I just don't see it. When a topic is discussed it's not that uncommon to go off on tangents from the original thrust of it. I didn't really see anyone here being disrespectful to Wilson or trivializing her death.

I mean it's intellectually interesting to discuss how to avoid arrest if you've committed a crime. I don't think anyone was saying should have done this or that so she could get away with it, as if that would be a good thing. Seems like some people interpreted it that way?
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a criminal. I'm a mechanical engineer. I five-fingered a pack of gum from a corner drug store once when I was maybe eight... and took it back the next day, unopened, because the action made me sick to my stomach. I just don't have a criminal mindset (thanks mom & dad!). Events & individuals actions like those noted in this case or other crimes sub-consciously challenge me to put myself in those shoes, in an attempt to understand the thought-process & decision making of the individuals involved; victim & perpetrator. But I can't. It never makes any sense to me. I can't wrap my head around those actions. I think many others are the same, which (I think at least partially) leads to the discussions in threads like this. Of course, I can only speak for myself.

@xtrpickels...
I didn't see the text transcript noted above, assuming that was the text sent after he dropped Wilson off (apparently) minutes before Armstrong arrives at the home. I know I'm not alone in considering the coincidence in timing here. Regardless, nothing in this thread is going to be used in a court of law. This is all conjecture and certainly not meant to be personally offensive.

Again, this whole thing is tragic & sickening and given the many stories like this that you hear of in life, I'm blessed and thankful nothing like this has happened within my family - I pray it never does.
Last edited by: mdana87: Jul 15, 22 13:27
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Stafford Brown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stafford Brown wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
tigermilk wrote:
Matt J wrote:

9-11
Sandy Hook
Q-Anon
Stolen Election
Illuminati
Fake medical secrets
MLM/Network business.

I heard a new "conspiracy" other day. I'm retired but work part-time in a bike shop. One of the mechanics honestly believes that all of the mass/school shootings are part of a secret plan funded by George Soros. He believes Soros is providing the funds for these shooters to acquire the guns, ammno, etc. to carry out their work.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, this makes Strickland look even worse.......denied knowing the victim, at first questioning, and also the $450k "investment" money (he did ask for it back!)

Reading the Yahoo News story about some of the latest news on this case, my gut tells me there is all kinds of things about the behind-the-scenes goings on that will be coming out later. Maybe, Colin Strickland, was just really unlucky to hook-up with an exponentially overly jealous, ticking time-bomb of a psychopath woman . . . but perhaps he was not? Maybe he knows more than he's currently letting on - PURELY speculating and guessing her. No one really knows that this stage. There are always bizarre twists and turns in these murder cases that few people can predict!

That should take nothing away from the raw, terrible tragedy of this! She was a daughter, a friend, and a quickly emerging talent in All Terrain Racing!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next