Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PIt is reported by Road biking Action that Armstrong was arrested in Costa Rica... https://roadbikeaction.com/...-armstrong-captured/
Last edited by: s5100e: Jun 30, 22 15:27
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You missed the whole last page talking about this!
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
You missed the whole last page talking about this!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez I leave my computer for a few hours and the world passes me by... šŸ˜³ I promise to do better!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
;)

If that is the worst oversight of your day, you are much better than myself.

In all seriousness, I hope whatever facts there are come out quickly and there is some swiftness in justice. I'm sure this entire thing has made this whole horror show even more awful for the family and friends.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The media cycle is just getting warmed up: murder, athletes, love triangle, attractive women, fugitives, international vibes & tropical locales.

TV movies, Law & Order episodes, Friday night network ā€œwho dunnit?ā€ shows

The media machine thirsts for content from otherā€™s misfortune.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Dolfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dolfan wrote:
The media cycle is just getting warmed up: murder, athletes, love triangle, attractive women, fugitives, international vibes & tropical locales.

TV movies, Law & Order episodes, Friday night network ā€œwho dunnit?ā€ shows

The media machine thirsts for content from otherā€™s misfortune.

Not to mention the escape attempt parallel with The Shawshank Redemption. Andy Dufresne had more time to plan, otherwise surely she would have pulled it off.....

Last edited by: kny: Jul 1, 22 9:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just saw it on a news feed on social media.

I lived full-time in Costa Rica from 2005 to 2010. Santa Theresa is a bit of a hassle to get to, but itā€™s far from ā€œremoteā€ in my mind.

I was talking through it with a friend this morning and itā€™s a tough thing to wrap your head around. Being on the run for the rest of your life would be a disaster.

She could have gone somewhere more remote, but how do you earn income?

The most obvious Monday morning quarterback decision would have been to catch the bus up to Penas Blancas and hop the border into Nicaragua. San Juan del Sur could have provided an expat lifestyle with the comfort of much more difficult extradition.

The CR criminal justice system is inefficient to say the least, the fact that they tracked her and apprehended her is a miracle. A victory they will celebrate for ages Iā€™m sure.

I ran across a few people over the years that I lived down there that experienced incarceration on some level. Not pleasant. One associate went to the womenā€™s prison for a trumped up immigration charge and it was chilling to hear her story. A fellow inmate crying through the night due to rats in her cell only to be shot with a high pressure water hose to quiet her down stuck in my mind.

Jealous rage ended a life and destroyed a few more that night. I doubt Colin will ever recover either. I donā€™t blame him for attempting some damage control, but ultimately he will never escape this tragedy either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't believe people are using jokes/winks/sarcasm on this thread. also, the ongoing discussion of how the murderer should have been more careful to get away is beyond inappropriate. many of y'all make me sick. this situation is beyond sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:
can't believe people are using jokes/winks/sarcasm on this thread. also, the ongoing discussion of how the murderer should have been more careful to get away is beyond inappropriate. many of y'all make me sick. this situation is beyond sad.

Bite me. It wasn't jokes/winks/sarcasm related to the topic. It was aimed at the guy who posted "breaking news" that had been talked about in the 20 posts prior to that. I can't believe that needs to be explained to you but here we are.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Jul 1, 22 11:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
applenutt wrote:

Bite me. It wasn't jokes/winks/sarcasm related to the topic. It was aimed at the guy who posted "breaking news" that had been talked about in the 20 posts prior to that. I can't believe that needs to be explained to you but here why are.

Here why areā€¦back at ya.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*we

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
applenutt wrote:

Bite me. It wasn't jokes/winks/sarcasm related to the topic. It was aimed at the guy who posted "breaking news" that had been talked about in the 20 posts prior to that. I can't believe that needs to be explained to you but here why are.

Here why areā€¦back at ya.

You sicken me. Worrying about a misplaced word in this thread. Disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Dolfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's now back in Texas.

Looks like she may have had some help from her sister on her flee to Costa Rica.

Quote:
According to a report on Inside Edition, two passports were found in a locker at the hotel in Costa Rica where Armstrong was apprehended: Armstrongā€™s own and one belonging to her sister, Christine.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
According to a report on Inside Edition, two passports were found in a locker at the hotel in Costa Rica where Armstrong was apprehended: Armstrongā€™s own and one belonging to her sister, Christine.

Insane story continues to be insane. Can't make this up, and unfortunately it's going to end up some kind of true crime docu-drama.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
She's now back in Texas.

Looks like she may have had some help from her sister on her flee to Costa Rica.

Quote:

yoga classes in CR sounds nice but time to pay the piper
Last edited by: shady: Jul 3, 22 11:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
She's now back in Texas.

Quote:

Its likely her sister helped her, but I also have to wonder if she couldā€™ve been an unwilling accomplice (if K Armstrong stole her passport, by chance)?
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
logella wrote:
She's now back in Texas.

Quote:

Its likely her sister helped her, but I also have to wonder if she couldā€™ve been an unwilling accomplice (if K Armstrong stole her passport, by chance)?

That's the story I'd go with so the sister doesn't get in trouble too, but I'd guess if she helped her there will be a bunch of other evidence as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photo now posted of her post-capture, looks like she did get a nose job. I guess she was really in it to win it. Off topic, but kind of impressive she found a plastic surgeon who could get her in so quickly while on the run.

https://www.kxan.com/...t-in-costa-rica/amp/
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [avatar78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. And does look significantly different I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [avatar78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to believe they are going to release her, assuming she can post a bond. She's the literal definition of a flight-risk.

Quote:
Travis County court records show Armstrongā€™s bond will be set at $3.5 million. She will be required to surrender her passport to a district clerk before release and have a GPS in jail. Her curfew will be 8 p.m. to 8 a.m., according to records.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think she looks that different, and may have always wanted the nose job anyway. Slightly darker shade of a dye job, and left it long, handy for the
cameras as she was apprehended :( what a pos.

RIP Mo Wilson.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Matt J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt J wrote:
The most obvious Monday morning quarterback decision would have been to catch the bus up to Penas Blancas and hop the border into Nicaragua. San Juan del Sur could have provided an expat lifestyle with the comfort of much more difficult extradition.
Most obvious Monday morning quarterback decision is don't shoot someone.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Matt J wrote:
Most obvious Monday morning quarterback decision is don't shoot someone.

True.

Wasnā€™t condoning what she did, and I am glad she was caught and will face judgement for her crimes.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Wilson Killed in Austin [Matt J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today show just did a piece on this. Iā€™m sure the Dateline producers are getting on board.
Quote Reply

Prev Next