Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Richard Allbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez just gave up with that glance backwards. Gomez races for silver.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [KS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. I kept thinking younger bro was going to get him for over a year. Fantastic race with all the pressure, just amazing. Well done.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, I'm watching on my PC in a cafe with no sound.

devashish_paul wrote:
Hey Ken, what are they saying on TV in Japan?
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [KS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chapeau to Gomez on the silver....beautifully executed gutsy race! Nice work by Haus to take 4th!
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the Brownlees not liked?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So all you need for a gold is a 1:46 oly? zooooooooiiiiiiiiiiikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
29.07 for al brownlee for the run apparently.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [RichA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding....we love the Brownlees....I just wanted to see Gomez get redemption from the 4th at Beijing!

Brent and Kyle 25th and 27th.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [thndrmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a 29:07 run, that's all...

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [thndrmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good god -- that 10K was almost sub-29. If AB wasn't celebrating down the stretch it would have been.

Hard not to love the way the Brownlees race. I wish the bike course was hillier so that we could see these boys go at it on the bike.

Awesome stuff.

-----------------------------------
team website: http://snappletriteam.com/

team blog: http://snappletriteam.com/?page_id=10
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [RichA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichA wrote:

They're loved in England!
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Pete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so sub 29.... if he didnt slow down at the finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not only that, Simon was barely relevant, regardless of how much Canadians wanted to believe otherwise.

On a separate note, as much as I am an SW fan, he looks pretty silly blasting people for not doing their job, when he couldn't do his own job today. I note this only as a cautionary tale for others who feel the need to take private issues public.

*edited for typos
Last edited by: The Guardian: Aug 7, 12 5:31
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Pete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pete wrote:
With a 29:07 run, that's all...

29.07 and he walked the last 50m!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright time to go to work. DAMN. I sure hope that Triathlon Canada holds some bike handling skills for the next olympic cycle because that was a crash in the women's and men's race.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
29:07 with a little stroll at the end.... Not even fair
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could not agree more with you. Just keep your mouth shut and get your job done.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [DieTryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieTryin' wrote:
RichA wrote:

They're loved in England!

I'm English!

It was more the sense that the forum were hoping for a Gomez win and congratulating a Gomez Silver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amazing but not entirely unexpected result....AB looked so strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's ok then :oD
Fantastic crowd turn out.
Pity JB had to take a penalty.....
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay now that the geekfest is over with,bring on the rhythmic gymnastics!!!!

----
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
Not only that, Simon was barely relevant, regardless of how much Canadians wanted to believe otherwise.

On a separate note, as much as I am an SW fan, he looks pretty silly blasting people for not doing their job, when he couldn't do his own job today. I note this only as a cautionary tale for others who feel they need to take private issues public.

He crashed... it's not like he faded out. It happens.

He doesn't look silly at all, he said what needed to be said. And you sat there at your computer eating it up. You probably complain about athletes that only talk in cliches yet at the same time you blast Simon for telling it like it is. You can't have it both ways.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Aug 7, 12 5:28
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez knew he was running for silver.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance would have won.
Discuss.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the most exciting race but this reflects well on the preparation and consistency of the top performers - Brownlees and Gomez and some of the "old" guard - e.g., Frodeno, Docherty, etc. Given all that can go wrong in the lead up to the Games and on the day itself (ahem, Mr. Whitfield...) they all performed well on the day it counted.

Would France have won the team competition? 3 guys in top 10-15!
Quote Reply

Prev Next