Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if I take some more medication this bike leg with become more interesting..

---
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The commentary is driving me nuts - "Tri - ath - UH - lon"

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
I love the brownlees having yellow shoes and fugly helments. Makes those lil monsters easy to spot.

They're Lady Gaga fans? How do you know that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some names in the front group

Brownlee, Brownelee Jr, Gomez, Vidal, Hauss, Kemper, Rieder, Brukhakov, Vasiliev, Silva, Noble, Fabian, Tayama, Hayes, Frodeno, Gemmell, Petzold,

Hayes still out front- 2 laps to go

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fantasy Triathlon
http://914419110599774392.weebly.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Record10Carbon wrote:

---

We have Welchy commentating down here,but they keep crossing ove to the 200m qualifiers..They showed all the the womens tri and that is just not fair!!!!.....Bloody sexist!!

--
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that the race is Alistairs to lose, but with relatively tired legs and a 15s penalty coming, I think Johnny is in trouble, might get pushed off the stand altogether. Bruhankov as it is runs 15-20s behind him on equal legs, Sven 5-10s.
Last edited by: RhymeAndReason: Aug 7, 12 4:32
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so tired of hearing that Simon is out of the race. YES we known that he could not handle a speedbump and crashed. You can say all you want about his training because at the end it was a simple speedbump that he did not prepare for.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BernardDogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BernardDogs wrote:
http://www.tvonline-live.com/...ames-august-07-2012/

That's working for me.

Awesome! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [RichA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say last lap. The way a lot of races turn out, a 15" penalty at the end won't even effect his finish. He should start as he always does and hope he gets away like he always does (w/ Ali).

Jason Pedersen
RunPd.com - Running as fast I can since '93
@jasonpedersen
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
Pindurski wrote:
Canadian soccer team screwed by the ref... Canadian Simon Whitfield screwed by a speed bump... not good being a Canadian lately :(

Yeah I went back and looked a bunch more and it was his left foot that wasn't fully in his shoe so the bump sent that foot off and then he hit one of the weird barrier legs in the road because he was so close to it plus getting his rear wheel hit just caused him to go into the barriers.

That really was a heart breaking span of 18 hours for Canada with the women's loss and Simon's crash. I did not expect Simon to medal (never counted him out....), but really sad to see a champion like that not go out in style.

Kyle Jones now in chase pack 70 seconds down...also Richard Murray from South Africa in that group. Stuart Hayes is pulling the main Brownlee group....he's got a stubby aero helmet on.

That 15 second penalty for Johnny Brownlee is going to hurt him!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Record10Carbon wrote:

---

We have Welchy commentating down here,but they keep crossing ove to the 200m qualifiers..They showed all the the womens tri and that is just not fair!!!!.....Bloody sexist!!

--

Unfair, or just realistic?

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Pete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pete wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Record10Carbon wrote:

---

--

Unfair, or just realistic?

---

Clearly you missed the sexism thread the other day............

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alistair breaks?!
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [kennyDalglish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kennyDalglish wrote:
WTF has that got to dow with it, he blew any chance he had making a newbie mistake that this place hangs amateurs for making every week. Yes Simon is a better triathlete than me, which has bugger all to do with the fact that he blew his last two years because he did not pay attention to what he was doing.

You guys even have a post saying he got taken out by the speedhump. Fark me I only go there every two years and I know the speed humps are there

Alistair Brownless just took off from the front....solo.

As for SQW's mistake, it was heartbreaking as a Canadian, but if anyone posted a video of an age grouper on ST doing that, (if it was Kenny or I), we'd get crucified....Really is too bad....even the top guys make mistakes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca was dead right a month or so ago when he said the whole ITU field is afraid of the Brownlees and just follows along with what they do in the races......I'd much prefer to go down in flames trying to destroy the Poms than to ride like limp flowers waiting for divine intervention..

---
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [kalidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasting energy like an idiot I would say. Just stay at the front and do not waste energy but I want his to finish second or third or off the podium so keep going off the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Macca was dead right a month or so ago when he said the whole ITU field is afraid of the Brownlees and just follows along with what they do in the races......I'd much prefer to go down in flames trying to destroy the Poms than to ride like limp flowers waiting for divine intervention..

---

....I love your colour commentary...you and Macca say it as it is! Well said!

Chase pack 70 seconds back. Hunter from teh US has been sitting quietly in the lead group doing nothing.

With Whitfield, out, I'd love to see Gomez medal. He and Hunter deserve one!
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least Gomez is playing it smart. In the lead pack sitting back a bit conserving energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See, this is what happens when we stop using pink font & emoticons

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
...I'd much prefer to go down in flames trying to destroy the Poms than to ride like limp flowers waiting for divine intervention.

Great. Just give my whole race strategy away to all my AG competitors, why don't you? And what exactly is wrong with limp flowers? They still smell pretty!

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough, but on a course like this, do you really think it can stick? The Brownlees push the pace enough already, that to think you can actually go off the front of that and make it stick, to me is complete idiocy. But I guess atleast you can say you "tried", so I guess it wouldnt really matter when you finish in 17th either way really.

But I guess it would make viewing of races more interesting and we wouldnt always have ST hating on it so much.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [tribritre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBC Sports wrote:
1237:

TRIATHLON
Alistair Brownlee is on the charge and the crowd are loving it. He's caught quite quickly by the pack but he may well just be trying to sap the legs of his biggest rivals.

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Record10Carbon wrote:

I was watching NBC Sports at home and decided to stream online with no commentary for exactly that reason... That and the "she didn't even put her shoes on in transition that will cost her precious seconds on the bike" gem from the women's race...

I'm sure we'll hear about the De-cath-UH-lon later this week...
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
Fair enough, but on a course like this, do you really think it can stick? The Brownlees push the pace enough already, that to think you can actually go off the front of that and make it stick, to me is complete idiocy. But I guess atleast you can say you "tried", so I guess it wouldnt really matter when you finish in 17th either way really.

But I guess it would make viewing of races more interesting and we wouldnt always have ST hating on it so much.

--

The thing is if one goes then the rest may follow,when that happens accident happen and you just never know..Right now it is a bit of a procession and it is playing into the Poms hands..I do agree though that Gomez might figure more if the brothers do too much work.

I would push the pace and try to force a mistake on this twisty course.

---
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [tribritre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike cam on the Brazil bike...too bad he's not in the lead pack.
Quote Reply

Prev Next