Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Mr ITU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that the brownlees want Hayes to string out the pace to soften the legs up of everyone else. However, (and I'm not watching the feed, mind you), it doesnt really make sense for the lead pack to follow his attacks (if he is indeed trying to attack).

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Pindurski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pindurski wrote:
Canadian soccer team screwed by the ref... Canadian Simon Whitfield screwed by a speed bump... not good being a Canadian lately :(

Yeah I went back and looked a bunch more and it was his left foot that wasn't fully in his shoe so the bump sent that foot off and then he hit one of the weird barrier legs in the road because he was so close to it plus getting his rear wheel hit just caused him to go into the barriers.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [kennyDalglish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kennyDalglish wrote:
Aw so already singing about glory days when your boy can't cut it. Sydney was a long time ago, but heck focus on that and not todays race

I'm just suggesting that Simon is just a little bit better than you as a triathlete. Or all of the guys in the race in London going on right now. (Unless you're typing this from your bike in the park right now).
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Pindurski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chacon screwed by another athlete's fuck-up.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Mr ITU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like an idiot looking over his shoulder every 2 seconds

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interesting! When does he have to serve it? Do you make a big push for separation right before you serve, then use the 15 seconds to rest? Or would that sprint take too much out?

Mr ITU wrote:
packs have come together

Brownlee Jr has to serve a 15 second penalty for mounting early

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did it on purpose cause he was under trained

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [SBR_bestgoodbad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Online broadcasting by the Dutch NOS might be available to other countries as well. The link is below.
http://nos.nl/os2012/play/13/

I was looking for some radio covering of the race. Anyone listening to a tri-minded radio station?
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can serve it at any moment. My guess is he'll do it on the last lap of the run.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well he isn't just going to ride off by himself... he'll have two Brownlees attached to his wheel.

Something I haven't heard mentioned yet... Silva made the lead pack! He could certainly throw a wrench in things for the favorites.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
You can serve it at any moment. My guess is he'll do it on the last lap of the run.

----

Probrably in the finish shute while waving a British flag....;-)

--
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [RhymeAndReason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you think the rest of the 20 guys will just let them go?

Like I said, they arent getting away unless it's crash aided at this point.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [SBR_bestgoodbad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
22 athletes in front group +1:15 ahead of chase group, more than halfway through the bike- so they'll probably stay away

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fantasy Triathlon
http://914419110599774392.weebly.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [RhymeAndReason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
run is going to be interesting.
from what I hear, the french, russians and kemper didn't do any work in the chase group. they're going to have pretty fresh legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [datemple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and Hunter Kemper with the 22 in the front

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fantasy Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not want the Brownlee's to win. I want there to be a spoiler in the race. I hate that there was talk of them crossing the line together in first place and sharing the win. Who is to say that they were going to win. I will take Gomez for the win.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [arctical] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF has that got to dow with it, he blew any chance he had making a newbie mistake that this place hangs amateurs for making every week. Yes Simon is a better triathlete than me, which has bugger all to do with the fact that he blew his last two years because he did not pay attention to what he was doing.

You guys even have a post saying he got taken out by the speedhump. Fark me I only go there every two years and I know the speed humps are there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am liking Hunter Kemper's position right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him top 5 or top 3, but not get into that spot until the very end of the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
I do not want the Brownlee's to win. I want there to be a spoiler in the race. I hate that there was talk of them crossing the line together in first place and sharing the win. Who is to say that they were going to win. I will take Gomez for the win.

-----
I predict a big crash on the bike and then Atkinson does a Bradbury and runs on for the win..

---
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Aug 7, 12 4:26
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the brownlees having yellow shoes and fugly helments. Makes those lil monsters easy to spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vasiliev has been jumpy on the front of the bike but nothing has been too threatening.

If no one is able to get away very soon then the group is likely to settle in on the last lap before the run

And Chacon is back in the race

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fantasy Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am OK with any situation other than those two at the finish line together in first and second place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez finally moved up towards the front. If somethings going to happen, it'll be happen soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonny Brownlee has a 15sec penalty from T1. When is the best time to take? Start of the run?
Quote Reply

Prev Next