Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [KleineGeneraal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's put some perspective into this one too. A. Brownlee was almost 4 minutes faster than the 2011 version of himself on this course (which he also dominated). He ran 29:07 after being 1 minute faster over both the bike and the swim. This was never a race---this was a coronation. That may have just been the greatest single day performance in triathlon. Ever.

------------------------
Tri Authenticiy
"Trial of Miles; Miles of Trials. How could he make them understand?"--John L. Parker, Once a Runner
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I thought Anglophones from Quebec had this covered when we speak in French and don't know whether to use a Quebecois accent, Anglo accent or some pathetic attempt at a Parisien accent. You guys from Oz and NZ have nothing on us. We win this hands down.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
And I thought Anglophones from Quebec had this covered when we speak in French and don't know whether to use a Quebecois accent, Anglo accent or some pathetic attempt at a Parisien accent. You guys from Oz and NZ have nothing on us. We win this hands down.

---

Yeah,that is true,my sister lives in Montreal and talks like Celine Dion.I find it very disturbing!

---
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So that might take it to a new level...an Aussie woman brought up in Hong Kong speaking French with a cross between Montreal Anglophone, Aussie, Mandarin, Quebecois French and Parisien French? Sheeesh, she could beat Alistair Brownlee at anything!
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
So that might take it to a new level...an Aussie woman brought up in Hong Kong speaking French with a cross between Montreal Anglophone, Aussie, Mandarin, Quebecois French and Parisien French? Sheeesh, she could beat Alistair Brownlee at anything!

---

Yeah,just when all you guys thought that I must be the screwed up one in the family..;-)

--
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [CarolinaLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

Go to the NBC site here and it lists official times. If you click on the "+" sign, it breaks down the splits for you. Here's AB's splits:

Swim: 17:04
T1: 0:39
Bike: 59:08
T2: 0:27
Run: 29:07[/quote]

Is that a 4:41/mile? Am I doing my math right?

twomarks
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [twomarks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. The math is right.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Fooshee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fooshee wrote:
Yes. The math is right.

Holy schniekies!

ii
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [twomarks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the math right for the bike too? NBC said the bike was 26.6 miles so they rode even faster than that to have it done in under an hour?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twomarks wrote:

Go to the NBC site here and it lists official times. If you click on the "+" sign, it breaks down the splits for you. Here's AB's splits:

Run: 29:07[/quote]

twomarks[/quote]
What is intersting is that this is in the range of world record open marathon race pace at approximately the same time frame as the meat of the Men's marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
twomarks wrote:

Run: 29:07

twomarks[/quote]

What is intersting is that this is in the range of world record open marathon race pace at approximately the same time frame as the meat of the Men's marathon.[/quote]
"a shampoo, blow dry and 10 k foot race." ....indeed. ;)

phenomenal athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [tim21bert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That may have just been the greatest single day performance in triathlon. Ever.

Bam!

Let's cut right to the chase here, Al Brownlee has raised the game to a totally different level. He drives the race on the swim, bike and run. Someone asked me if drafting were not allowed, what would be the out-come. Al Brownlee would still crush it and win!.

As a Canadian and a friend, I was gutted for Simon Whitfield. He's done so much for the sport, for the country, for himself and for his family. Tough way to go out and end it all. But this may not be the very end. I think we'll see Simon on a triathlon start line soon.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was there talk about retiring cold turkey from tris? I did not think this was the case. I thought he was racing 70.3's after this?
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
29:07 after jogging final 100M. Easily under 29 with push to line.

For perspective. Mo Farrah won the 10K in 27:30. On a rubberized track. His warm up was......well, the first 10 laps; not 1.5K/40K.

BTW: the bike I read is 43K in London. Is that true?

I too am gutted for SQW. reading his training quotes in papers he trained to run with Vidal easily in NZ this past spring and he has proven he can run with Gomez. Crushing. Between Paula, women's soccer,and this; Canada has been taken a few chops I'd say.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious, does anybody knows if the course was a legitimate 10k?
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found it really tough watching a champion like Simon end his olympic career with a self generated error. That was much worse watching this than Carol Montgomery's crash in Sydney. It would have been much better seeing Simon ending his career like Hunter Kemper in the pack of the guys who gave it their best, but were one upped by Alistair and Gomez, which I think would be the realistic outcome. I think many were devaluing the 4th and 5th place by Haus and Vidal from France. These were awesome races and there is nothing to indicate that Simon would be in that mix other than our collective hope that he peaked perfectly as he did in Beijing. Real bummer that we did not get to see that happen, but just like Canadian triathlon got a bit of a shot in Beijing, it was nice to seem Spanish triathlon get the result that Gomez deserves for all his year at the top of the ITU circuit. Gomez has been amazing for triathlon for his constant contributions as a contender week in and week out. This is a just reward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

BTW: the bike I read is 43K in London. Is that true?

I believe so - NBC was saying it was 26.6 miles. No idea why that would be since the 40K bike is the Olympic distance. They don't change distance for other sports...
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it would seem that 43km is the Olympic distance

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy for Gomez of course, and Hunter, but the French! 16 seconds from putting all 3 in the top 10, now that's impressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 not as disappointing as the soccer game.

Sorry my US friends, that was bullshit.

Onwards. Take the lumps. come back for more.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make no mistake A Brownlee is an international class runner. He has been UK men's cross country champion before and if he lost some swim bike kilos would be capable of getting in the uk athletics team at 10km and or marathon.

Its going to take someone who is the complete swim bike and very fast runner to beat him.

Just don't think that athlete exists any time soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drfranky wrote:

They stated that it was during the women's race

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [coltank17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coltank17 wrote:
drfranky wrote:

They stated that it was during the women's race

Well if its the same quality of announcers as the womens race was i believe them right around zero percent.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM35-39 wrote:
it would seem that 43km is the Olympic distance

Well..correct - for this Olympics. Wonder if they will change the distance for the Men's Marathon too!
Quote Reply
Re: Men's 2012 London Olympics Triathlon live (**spoiler) [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They did in 1908! Hence the 26 miles 385 yards became the standard.
Quote Reply

Prev Next