Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official App Feedback Thread For Saturday Users [Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration]
Quote | Reply
Saturday is now live in app stores. We're getting synced with TrainingPeaks as we speak. Massive thanks to everyone here and all our early users.

You can download the app on the iOS App Store or get it on Google Play.

Saturday is a fuel & hydration planning and coaching app. It outputs fully automated, fully personalized product-agnostic plans for every race, event, and training session. Use brands you know and just learn how much you actually need, or you can optimize with a pinch of salt or go full-scale DIY. Saturday is like a coach that provides product-agnostic performance nutrition. It will build a fueling plan for your next triathlon, gravel epic, and your whole training schedule.

For daily use, and often even big events, it does better (and WAY faster) than I can do as a coach now. I have offloaded 90% of my coaching clients to just use the app. So has Michelle (coach, pro triathlete, RD CSSD, wife). Short of coming to your kitchen and making your bottles for you, it does it all. It's like the best of personalization and cost-savings from DIY nutrition and fueling, but more like "we do it for you." We're building out more features that really spell things out simply to make everyone's lives easier, as we speak. Quite literally, we couldn't do it without you all.

It's $2.99/mo (forever) for all our early adopters (still available) but we'll probably increase to $5.99 in the next few weeks.

Your feedback and presence here with us is huge. Thank you for your support. It truly means the world to Michelle and I, and our growing team.

------------------------------
Below kept for historicity: from beta tester related post in January 2023
TLDR: Sign up here. We'll reach out next week.
Saturday is a fuel & hydration app.
Or look for the orange button on saturdaymorning.fit.
Our goal: Elite fuel & hydration from the cupboard through the finish line.

So far:

• My beloved tech-avoidant wife uses it and hates training without it.
  • Lots of big race PR's and "A" races fueled.
  • Big quality of life improvement impact for quite a few users who have previously been really frustrated or confused with fueling & hydrating. This has been surprising, even for us as founders, and has provided all the motivation we need to keep pushing this forward. Very humbling.
Coaches if you're interested in getting your clients/teams on it, DM me.
If you're still reading....here are the things we think need to happen for the app to do what we hope, at scale.

• Don't be another "tech" thing. No headaches allowed. Make life simpler.
  • Keep the unnecessary details to the forums. (See "How do I make Maurten" thread Fueling is a PITA, especially when you're new. Here's three more if you love reading, here, here, & here.)
  • Attend to the whole user.
  • Avoid unnecessary tracking and testing.
PS. Thanks to Dan, Ryan, & Eric for allowing me to post this here. Edit as you see fit.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
πŸ“± Check out our app β†’ Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube β†’ Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Last edited by: DrAlexHarrison: Jun 22, 23 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Very cool

Signed up

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up some time ago (or rather, you had to do it manually), but I haven’t heard anything after that.
Last edited by: gaukler: Jan 11, 23 18:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some advice - I'd provide an explanation somewhere on the site or here about what makes you different and how that helps the athlete.

Professional interests in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Hardware/Software interfaces, sports interests are running from 800 to half marathon, sprint tri to half iron, cycling road races

https://brave.com/ - A safer and faster way to browse the web
https://www.strava.com/athletes/3757906
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) what does the app do?
2) what do you expect beta testers to do?

Thanks!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also signed up earlier but did not receive anything. Would love to be a part of the project.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [gaukler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gaukler wrote:
I signed up some time ago (or rather, you had to do it manually), but I haven’t heard anything after that.

I'll email you next week at the latest.. Thank you for signing up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
πŸ“± Check out our app β†’ Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube β†’ Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [adaykin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adaykin wrote:
Some advice - I'd provide an explanation somewhere on the site or here about what makes you different and how that helps the athlete.
Will do! Serious website build-out coming very soon.

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [dmcdowell22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmcdowell22 wrote:
I also signed up earlier but did not receive anything. Would love to be a part of the project.

We've been holding out getting the app in folks hands until I could polish it up a bit. Wanted to save some fresh eyes for the new roll-out. Very much appreciate your patience and interest.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds great, thanks Dr. Alex!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
1) what does the app do?
The app writes workout and race fueling plans for you.

Sports that it covers:

Triathlon
Cycling
Running
Swimming
Rowing
XC Skiing

It uses the products you like, selected from our hand-curated library. And you can add and save your own too. It also recommends the addition of sugar and/or salt or sodium citrate, which indeed are optimal additions to 90% of folks' mixes.

kajet wrote:
2) what do you expect beta testers to do?
Thanks!
Use the app. Complain when they don't like it. Try to hurt my feelings with harsh criticism.

I bet we'll share opinions on most things, because I also want it to do what 99.9% of users want it to do. And it will. In the future.

My development team tries hard to keep up with Michelle and my demands.

So far, Michelle and I are winning. If you know a developer interested in hearing about us, send them here.

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [ALBUS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ALBUS wrote:
Signed up
Thank you. Glad to have you.

To all who signed up,

Thank you. It's truly humbling to see your interest.

If you're doing a tri, or back-to-back workout soon - like a brick - I'd love to have your feedback on the tri &/or brick features pre-launch.

Finally, we may cap at 500 testers. Today put us over 400. If you know someone who would be exceptionally interested, please have them sign up asap.

Thanks again.

Last edited by: DrAlexHarrison: Jan 13, 23 2:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
signed up!

willing to try it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brilliant! Signed up and hoping to get on the feelings hurting train!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Brilliant! Signed up and hoping to get on the feelings hurting train!
Love it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tagged in on the Google form. If you haven't already topped off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this separate from the Fuel app project? If so, and if I was apart of that, am I "moved over" to this one automatically, or do I need to re-register. Thank you sir!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I intended for this to be a short reply, but, alas...

Old app vs. new app:
Yes, they're the same project, but the new app has been totally revamped, inside and out, and some of it requires us to have everyone go download a totally new app. The old app will be discontinued and unusable. We're pretty sure it will be worth it, but we'll let everyone else be the judge! Thank you for putting up with the inconvenience. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, we promise never to do a crazy thing like forcing people to redownload an app, once we're fully live in app stores! This is a one-time thing, and I can't thank you enough for being part of this with us.

When you'll be contacted:
  • If you accessed the app but never filled out the beta sign-up form, you'll get an email next week notifying you of how to make the move to the new app.
  • If you did sign up through the beta sign-up form, at some point in the past (or do now), then you'll probably get an email today or tomorrow with a detailed update. (and one next week with same "how to move" message as the first bullet, immediately above).

App availability, what to expect:
  • For all users, new and old, the new app: Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, is rolling out a final-public-beta-launch next week between Jan 23 and Feb 2. This is the aforementioned one-time "redownload."
  • We'll smash bugs and make minor tweaks/fixes from then until full public launch. We hope all our beta users will complain a lot so that we can catch them all before going fully live. :)
  • We launch fully to app stores around Valentines day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI Dr. and anyone waiting on news, the first email went to my junk folder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up a few weeks ago but did not receive an email. Thx.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alex and others - also to my spam (gmail). Thanks to the poster above for the heads up.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [Vertebrae6395] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vertebrae6395 wrote:
FYI Dr. and anyone waiting on news, the first email went to my junk folder.
Lol, fantastic. Great start to our new usage of Klaviyo as a bulk email sender.

If anyone sees an email address ending in @saturdaymorning.fit, that's me trying to contact you. Which I promise to do intensely sparingly because I hate spam.

There will be a welcome email flow during your trial usage of the app after launch, but beyond that, it'll be mostly crickets or occasional information that I think people will REALLY want to hear. I guard my own inbox tightly against spam and expect others like to do the same!

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for beta testers for fuel & hydration app "Saturday" [TriPJA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS. we just sent the first one out in about 5 months, yesterday. So if it's been silent from us, you haven't missed anything.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re: bulk mailing

Most email marketing systems (mailchimp, klavyio, constant contact) for their basic subscription use shared IP addresses for their outbound mail. If some of the other thousands of users in that shared IP address get flagged as a spammer, the server doesn't know the difference between Dr. Harrison and Nigerian Prince with $325M to send to your bank account so it blocks the whole address which means Dr. Harrison winds up in the junk folder. If you read the features comparison for different subscription levels, find the one that gives your mail a unique IP address and as long as you don't start scamming people, your emails should go through without a problem (sometimes there is a window early on with a "new" IP that the servers will need to learn to trust you, but it goes away quickly).

Now, Re: Tri fueling strategies with the app...

It currently allows to pick one of the 3 sports and I've used it to fuel with great success (unlimited carb level and max performance setting with sodium citrate) not having any GI issues and decreasing or eliminating the smell of ammonia I was getting post workout from catabolic breakdown due to being a generally low carb/whole 30 type eater.

I have tested alternative fuel tolerance by going very high concentration (275g carbs(250g table sugar, 25g gatorade), 2tsp sodium citrate, 200mg caffeine) per 500ml of water. I consumed approximately 200g of carb worth of that drink during a 40min threshold/race pace without issue.

I did the above because my bike has 500ml Elite crono bottles and I am doing a sprint tri this weekend. 750m swim, 21km bike, 5km run. I am a 210lb, 43yo athlete who isn't in incredible shape. I am unsure of what my swim time will be, my FTP is about 230w on the bike and my 5k run will probably be about 35-39min. Running is not at all easy for me and I have a difficult time fueling during a run from a HR management perspective, I need to come to a walk, drink, make sure I can breathe again then resume running. Add to that I don't know what is being provided on course for the run and don't want to rely on it.

My plan is to make a 1L 500g carb 4tsp sodium citrate, 400mg caffeine bottle, half of that will go into my on-bike bottle for nutrition, the other bottle will have water only to wash down as needed (that concentration was a little...tangy...in the throat). The remainder of the 1L will be used to sip/take a swig prior to wading into the water after donning my wetsuit for the in-water/treading swim start. I am hoping that bit of nutrition will take me through the swim, I will load up on carbs during the ride, then be able to go without nutrition at all (maybe grab a water for a quick sip) during the run.

Thoughts on the approach and perhaps thoughts on how the app will approach or instruct fueling for a race when you can't eat at all during the swim and the ability to intake and uptake are different on the bike vs run?

Thanks for all of the work you're putting into this, it has absolutely improved the quality and enjoyment of my training.
Last edited by: LOW2000: Feb 9, 23 9:00
Quote Reply

Prev Next