Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Live From American Zofingen [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm looking forward to a similar picture from the summit of Whiteface on June 10th. If Tetsuoni is there, I will even ride up the mountain with beers for all of you.

That is an impressive offer. Should be fun to watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously sick race. I will have a race report up soon, but in the mean-time I just wanted to thanks John for a sick race and all the peeps who helped put it on.

Also thanks to Mr. Law for laying down the law and forcing 5 hours of evil hard racing. Bakker must translate into "never die". I am way more wayward from Am Zof f1 then a half ironman.

The pain per dollar makes this the best value on the earth. Mostly though it reminded me of the sport I loved over a decade ago when it first found me (or I found it).

Thanks a ton for a really awesome a remarkable day. Ok, I am gonna go hobble around some more now.

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Seriously sick race. I will have a race report up soon, but in the mean-time I just wanted to thanks John for a sick race and all the peeps who helped put it on.

Also thanks to Mr. Law for laying down the law and forcing 5 hours of evil hard racing. Bakker must translate into "never die". I am way more wayward from Am Zof f1 then a half ironman.

The pain per dollar makes this the best value on the earth. Mostly though it reminded me of the sport I loved over a decade ago when it first found me (or I found it).

Thanks a ton for a really awesome a remarkable day. Ok, I am gonna go hobble around some more now.

Wow, I think I'm going to have to print that out and frame it or something - that may be one of the best compliments I ever got.
I'm honored and humbled. Thank you.

John, it was truly a pleasure to compete against you, and to hang w/ you afterwards. See ya there next time.
(when I'm in better bike shape.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was an honor to run with the 2 of you all the way to the first climb. Luckily, after that I was, ahem, drawn away by my RD duties and got to enjoy the thrilling racing between you two, Josh and Chris in the LC, and Yoda and "mankiller" Mendy in the SC. It was a great AmZof this year. Thanks everyone.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THis will be my last AmZof post I promise! Stitched this together from a couple of photo sets - may be worth a chuckle:

http://jaycut.com/node/139339

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [BenLeese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
THis will be my last AmZof post I promise! Stitched this together from a couple of photo sets - may be worth a chuckle:

Awesome! That really captures the journey! Is that Johnny Cash singing at the end?
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. It's worth seaching youtube for the video you haven't seen it. It's a cover of a nine inch nails song of all things and was recorded just before he died which makes it really affecting

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool video... very nicely done

"I hurt myself today...." bhahahah

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Outstanding work. Totally digging JC there at the end.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2011 American Zofingen will be May 15th.
Discounted registration to open shortly at www.cm2promotions.com

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
please post when registration opens for next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will. We're working with a new processor so there's been a bit of a delay.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is what I want to know--Is the ML ever going to do enough winter training to be ready for a spring long-course race? I don't want to show up only to find out you are going short or middle distance. :)

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, nope.

I don't do enough training to do LC in the fall. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't it be interesting if there was an American Zofingen triathlon with a swim for the first leg so we can all laugh, and laugh, and laugh at rock fish Murphy?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come to the Westchester Toughman. I out swam him and then watched him ride right by me on the bike... And I can't swim either....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wouldn't it be interesting if there was an American Zofingen triathlon with a swim for the first leg so we can all laugh, and laugh, and laugh at rock fish Murphy?[/reply

Channeling ML here:

"Bwaahahahaha! There IS such a race! It's called SavageMan 70 and I will spot you 10 minutes on the swim. But after biking Westernport Wall, Big Savage Mountain and Killer Miller, there is still a nasty half to run, and I will have the last laugh! We can celebrate your humiliation after the race with a round of AHAA (Almost Heaven Amber Ale) at Mountain State Brewing Company in Deep Creek."

So, September Smackdown?
Last edited by: greg'n: Jun 2, 10 4:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that would be interesting, especially if the swim was rather long
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This really does sound like the most amazing race ever... its on my tentative 2012 race list...
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [greg'n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Wouldn't it be interesting if there was an American Zofingen triathlon with a swim for the first leg so we can all laugh, and laugh, and laugh at rock fish Murphy?[/reply

Channeling ML here:

"Bwaahahahaha! There IS such a race! It's called SavageMan 70 and I will spot you 10 minutes on the swim. But after biking Westernport Wall, Big Savage Mountain and Killer Miller, there is still a nasty half to run, and I will have the last laugh! We can celebrate your humiliation after the race with a round of AHAA (Almost Heaven Amber Ale) at Mountain State Brewing Company in Deep Creek."

So, September Smackdown?

I guess tetsuoni is reduced to looking for other events (besides his own, of course) at which he has some shred of a chance of beating me. Pretty sad that the former 2x Duathlete of the Year needs a SWIM in order to have a glimmer of hope against me.

PS - I really really do wanna do Savageman one of these years. That thing is right up my alley.
I have a conflict w/ a local event for this year however, so it'll have to wait 'til '11, or beyond...

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be a great way to book end next season, AmZof LC early and SavageMan 70 late. JM couldn't dodge ya with RD duties at SavageMan either!

Maybe 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [greg'n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a partnership series with AmZof and SavageMan makes perfect sense.

Or should we skip it and just award the title to Josh Beck now?
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe a healthy cash pot to split between all the competitors who can break 12 hours for the two events combined.

Can't beat those two races for price, venue, challenge, or back to the roots of racing vibe. And earning your brick at the Westernport Wall is cool. Or so I am told.
Quote Reply

Prev Next