Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Live From American Zofingen [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boots, how is Ben Leese doing? He led LC on the 1st run

Also, can you let me know if LC'er's Kevin Cunningham and Doug Schwartz have at least started their 15mile runs please?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The AZ legend Krol has started his final lap.

I believe he has completed every AZ long course

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben finished 5th overall

Kevin and Doug are both on their second lap of the second run

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks!
great race for Ben.
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mimi Boyle has completed her third victory on the long course

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
after 9.5 hours of racing we are signing off for the night.

Still a few long coursers out there enjoying the trails.

Results will be up at www.yellowjacketracing.com either late tonight or Monday morning. (we've got a 4.5 hour drive first)

Thanks for joining us, be here in person next year

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I gave Boots a show today. No, he didn't have to pay the usual going rate of a back-rub to see me in undershorts.

Who am I kidding, the only person in the Pavilion that wanted to see that was probably ML and his limp-wristed salute :) On a serious note, congrats to the awesome racers (who also happen to be awesome people). Cassie (surprisingly, not a hoser), Chris G (3rd age!), ML (2nd overall F1!), Tri_yoda (SC winner!), Tetsuoni (great guy and better RD), and my dad (the dumper!) were amazing. It was great meeting them, and seeing them crush some dreams on the course!

And yes, that was a Cosmo I was drinking after the 2 hour trainer ride. After 2, I just wanted to dance! Hopefully ML didn't mind the grinding...

------
David Roche
Some Work, All Play podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/...ll-play/id1521532868
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx to all,

ran the SC today, i was the guy in VFF's. it was an experiment. frustrating to see ppl passing me on the downs, i could not run fast. but that is not what running "barefoot" is all about i guess..

some dude on a trainer in the pavillion? whatever works for you, hope you heal well:)

johnny mac, you the man. good seeing you all.

move it back to the fall, that's all i'm sayin:)
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [byates1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
some dude on a trainer in the pavillion? whatever works for you, hope you heal well:)

"Some" dude? It's MISTER Dude to you :) If those watts were on in the Catskills, there would have been a new course record!*

*For collarbone deficient college students

Great race today! I was blown away by the shoe choice, injuries in the past?

------
David Roche
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^^yep, planter last season. can't risk losing ski season, so started f'ing around w/ these a few weeks ago..

would have ben nice to have minimal trail shoes, but i can't spend money now, ski season is right around the corner.

not the best choice for the run, feet were sore, kicked rocks a few times, but if i had 3 years in them and not 3 weeks, i think i would be happy.

i assume a upper body injury in the crash?
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [byates1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, that is actually great reasoning for the Vibrams. Yeah on the crash, a driver ran a red in NYC and the collarbone broke on Thursday. Sucks to not get to do the best race of the year today, but I'm super proud of my dad for beating his SC PR by 2 minutes!

Great race out there!

------
David Roche
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What an awesome day today. Just wanted to thank CM2 Promotions for putting on such an amazingly well run event. Congratulations to everyone who raced. It was great to see the Slowtwitch crowd there.
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [katzbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Congratulations to everyone who raced.

I took this as an insult, and was going to challenge you to a fight. But then I realized that the abundance of intimidating masculinity you showed today means I would have no chance whatsoever :) Great seeing you Stephen!

------
David Roche
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will edit my post to now read as follows:

What an awesome day today. Just wanted to thank CM2 Promotions for putting on such an amazingly well run event. Congratulations to everyone who raced, and a big congratulations to Dave Roche, who despite broken bones and assorted bumps and bruises, showed up to cheer everybody on, did a 2 hour trainer ride at a purported 700 average watts without even breaking a sweat, wrestled a bear, and then free climbed the cliffs of Minnewaska using his one good arm. Chuck Norris dreams that he could be Dave Roche, even if he could only experience that greatness for a nanosecond. It was great to see the Slowtwitch crowd there.

I hope that is better for ya.
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [katzbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahahaha, that was perfect! But 700 watts??? DO YOU THINK THIS WAS A RECOVERY RIDE??

Anyway, I want to say that ML had a particularly incredible race out there, dueling toe-to-toe with pro Jon Hirsch (also an awesome guy). It was motivating to know that someone can overcome such staggering facial deformities to perform at a high level ;)

------
David Roche
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not an animal, I am a man!

HUGE props to Josh Beck for utterly destroying the LC record, and taking back the crown that was and is so rightfully his.

When he rode by me and Jon as we were going up past the Gunks, he pretty much humiliated us, and wasn't even trying. I think he was quite literally going 2x as fast as we were, and it was only our 2nd bike lap, vs. his third.
Chris came by shortly thereafter to yet again separate the weak from the chafed, etc.

It was great "fun" dueling mano-a-mano w/ Mr. Hirsch for over 4.5 hours.

Yoda - I want my trophy!!! I virtually smacked you down in SC with my first R/B/R splits. At least you didn't get chicked - unlike every other remedial course racer.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man you were a great king . well except for your faults. is yoda the short king ?great job to both of you .

thom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I may have gotten chicked along with the rest of the non yoda field but in my defense that very nice young lady ran 37:xx off the bike.

Also, if blades of steel did not decide that an extra climb was called for he woulda shoulda crushed yodas dreams as well. 31:xx is just flying there.

Besides my second "run" was faster that Yoda's and I drank way more than him after.

ML is an AZ machine!

Fun day in the gunks for all.
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yoda is the short bus king. I'm also the SC king, as I beat him (like a rented mule) w/ my first 3 splits.

Chris G made a good point about me racing against Jon Hirsch - he said, "he's got his own name in the website on his jersey; you have somebody else's name on the website on your jersey."

Which is (mostly) true - but I looked at my kit a little more closely, and here's the website address on it:
www.TetsuoniIsMLsBeyatchYetAgain.com

A shout out to Mimi Boyle, who is the Josh Beck of the fairer sex. Too bad Tamela wasn't there to make her work for it this time, she pretty much dominated.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And yes, that was a Cosmo I was drinking after the 2 hour trainer ride.

Hey Dave, you figured you should just admit it before I shared the pic??? :)

I also have photographic evidence that ChrisG was drinking cosmos with Dave. He will deny it and say that he was just holding MY cosmo, but who would you believe..... a lawyer or an accountant???

Great to meet everyone in person today! The gearing advice was perfect, as was the advice to take in the scenery. Just breathtaking!
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I also have photographic evidence that ChrisG was drinking cosmos with Dave.

They were also passionately discussing who their favorite handbag designers are.

Dare I say it? PICS or it didn't happen!! : )

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
remind me how to post a pic in a thread post????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A big "way to go!" to anyone that drug their carcass around New Paltz today. You would think I would remember how brutal the course is. Trust me, I am honored to have won competing agaist some super studs but I will pay for it! Ouch.

Thanks for putting on an unforgettable race Mr. MoGovern. It's a good one.

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I also have photographic evidence that ChrisG was drinking cosmos with Dave. He will deny it and say that he was just holding MY cosmo, but who would you believe..... a lawyer or an accountant???

Great to meet everyone in person today! The gearing advice was perfect, as was the advice to take in the scenery. Just breathtaking!

I will not deny that I had a sip of the very warm cosmo that had been in your car all day and was willing to pose for pics with it. Where are all the pics from the pavilion anyhow?
Quote Reply
Re: Live From American Zofingen [joshjan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everybody who helped put on this event. hands down the best run and most fun/painful race I have participated in.

F1 took me to into uncharted territory. Things got dark on the third run. Huge props to the long course guys.
Quote Reply

Prev Next