Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [OllyOllyOlly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to all of you who haven't received your foot pods and think you should - most of you emailed me - i'm checking status. there are about 3 dozen hard cases. yours is one. so, i'm looking that up now. give me a couple of days on this. hopefully we'll get you all sorted.

just one thing: i think the term of art is gift with purchase. just, you don't have to have made a new purchase. you get the foot pod if you're an existing zwifter. but, it's not a gift for riding the free trial period. if you don't upgrade your free trial to a paid subscription, no foot pod. if you have a zwift account, but you stopped paying, no foot pod. if they're not charging your credit card, don't expect a foot pod.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
to all of you who haven't received your foot pods and think you should - most of you emailed me - i'm checking status. there are about 3 dozen hard cases. yours is one. so, i'm looking that up now. give me a couple of days on this. hopefully we'll get you all sorted.

just one thing: i think the term of art is gift with purchase. just, you don't have to have made a new purchase. you get the foot pod if you're an existing zwifter. but, it's not a gift for riding the free trial period. if you don't upgrade your free trial to a paid subscription, no foot pod. if you have a zwift account, but you stopped paying, no foot pod. if they're not charging your credit card, don't expect a foot pod.

Thanks Dan.I am a paying subscriber so hoping there will not be an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [OllyOllyOlly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay. hey. all of you. you're flooding my inbox just now. please don't do that. i'm checking on those who've emailed me previously, and who hadn't gotten any confirming email back from zwift, to see the status. these foot pods are IN THE MAIL. some have gotten them already. give this a few days.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry. that was me :).

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
gplama wrote:
beston wrote:
It makes sense to me that they want me to be a paid subscriber as there'd be no other reason for me to need a foot pod if I didn't have a zwift account.

But I thought Zwift Run was free.... for now.

I ended up passing on the foot pod deal. While, free stuff is 'always' great, I hate running on treadmills and running outside is one of the few ways that I get my ass outside during the winter.

I hope the foot pod is handed out to someone that can make good use of it

Same. I hope I didn’t take a spot from one that could use it. I was a paid zwift user but switched to TR, and occasionally use zwift run when on the treadmill. Makes sense it’d be for paying customers, just didn’t see that when I signed up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
okay. hey. all of you. you're flooding my inbox just now. please don't do that. i'm checking on those who've emailed me previously, and who hadn't gotten any confirming email back from zwift, to see the status. these foot pods are IN THE MAIL. some have gotten them already. give this a few days.

I take it you don't ship to Australia??
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Slowman wrote:

I take it you don't ship to Australia??

we do ship to australia.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk about destroying a good thing - people it's pretty clear your either a current Zwift subscriber or not - if you are and you got in on the deal the pods are IN THE MAIL. If not then you lost out plain and simple HTFU.

Quit acting like a bunch of turkey vultures sitting on the sidelines trying to get your beak into the meal.

This deal was a great idea by Dan and Zwift but if everyone keeps this up then the future deals will be "Sweet F*&^K All"

People gotta relax............

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

I received an email from you about the free pod on 11/26 but never received an email from zwift. Should I email you?

I am in NY, guessing these are coming frown the west coast, so taking a little longer.
Did workout Wednesday with my Tickr X and it dropped so many times I was close to quitting, so looking forward to the pod for a better connection!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
Slowman wrote:

I received an email from you about the free pod on 11/26 but never received an email from zwift. Should I email you?

I am in NY, guessing these are coming frown the west coast, so taking a little longer.
Did workout Wednesday with my Tickr X and it dropped so many times I was close to quitting, so looking forward to the pod for a better connection!

let's rewind this. this isn't for you. just, for all of you who are in your situation or something similar. i sent out an email. and i said, "zwift has foot pods to give away to the first 1000 who..." and then i gave out the call to action and waited. here's a little inside baseball: this was on a friday, and zwift said, "we'll check back monday or tuesday and see how it's going." and i said, "well, i think i'll stick closer to my computer." because i know you guys! in this narrow instance my instincts were right: the 1000 foot pods were gone in 45 minutes. those 1000 foot pods were gone even before all of you got the email.

more than 500 of you have your foot pods already. they're winging their way across the country, and the world. this was a worldwide thing. now...

i've talked to zwift and i think we'll be able to give some more away (more on this below). but, there are 3 or 4 things i'd say, in general, and this is not just specific to zwift and foot pods.

1. we're going to do more discounts, flash sales, giveaways. but if we do a flash sale, and you found out about it after the closing of the flash sale, if you don't abuse amazon when you miss their flash sale please don't abuse me. and you - chris - aren't. this is just an email to the whole group. i've got to spend a lot of my day going sideways because people don't read the terms of an offer.

2. there were about 125 of you who signed up for zwift, tried to get a foot pod, but didn't flip the free trial period into a paid subscription. no. you're not going to get a foot pod. but you did keep someone else from getting one. any discount, incentive, inducement, bribe, that i pass under your nose has as its end goal, at some point, you opening your wallet. if you don't ever intend to open your wallet, you're going to be frustrated by my activations here on both your behalf and the vendor's behalf.

3. if you don't value what i value, then you're going to miss a lot. has it become clear to you that i value, right now, the stationary industry? brands like zwift, the sufferfest, rouvy, TR, wahoo, cycleops? especially at this time of year? if you don't hang around the stuff i value - like our weekly zwift events, like the 100/100, my guess is that you are going to miss most of the giveaways, offers, discounts that cross the slowtwitch transom.

4. because of those 125 foot pods that were not triggered by people who never subscribed to zwift after initiating the process, i have more foot pods to give away. and i'm just beginning to give stuff away.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've already got mine in Brazil. That was fast!
Thank you Slowman for the christmas gift!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan, Appreciate the response and hopefully your response answers everyone's questions.

The email I was referring to on 11/26 was the email where you said I was one of the 1,000 people who responded in time.
I will sit tight! I was actually going to purchase the milestone pod before the Zwift version was released, but did not due to the free giveaway. So for someone who uses Zwift for biking/running I value this a lot. I also participate on the Thursday group ride when I don't feel like racing, so thanks again for all you do!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
Thanks Dan, Appreciate the response and hopefully your response answers everyone's questions.

The email I was referring to on 11/26 was the email where you said I was one of the 1,000 people who responded in time.
I will sit tight! I was actually going to purchase the milestone pod before the Zwift version was released, but did not due to the free giveaway. So for someone who uses Zwift for biking/running I value this a lot. I also participate on the Thursday group ride when I don't feel like racing, so thanks again for all you do!

thanks. appreciate that. i'll check upon this for you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ChrisC42780 wrote:

thanks. appreciate that. i'll check upon this for you.

Same boat for me.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same Boat for me as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [jrcarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received an email from the Team at Zwift on November 29th that said I was one of the 1,000. No pod yet and I live in Nebraska. I was an original beta tester and a paying member since. Not complaining, not worrying,... just updating. Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
binhopires wrote:
I've already got mine in Brazil. That was fast!
Thank you Slowman for the christmas gift!

That's super fast - awesome! You bet me and I'm in Oregon! Can't wait for mine to arrive!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is in the situation I’m in regarding the free footpod.
So, I’ve been following this thread and reading others posts about where they live and if they’ve received theirs yet. I’m in Ontario, Canada and fellow Canucks have gotten theirs. I decided to give it a few more days but still no delivery. So I’m wondering if I made the cut. I did receive the e mail stating I’m one of the first 1000 and I have a Zwift account and full one year membership. The thing is, I don’t pay monthly for it as I received my one year membership as part of a cycleops promotion when I bought my trainer in January. Would this affect my eligibility? Maybe I somehow come up in their system as not a paying member? Just curious and anxious to get it lol

Anyone else get this same deal?

Thanks team

Quinner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine a few days ago. Thanks.

By the way, do you ride on Zwift, or do you just chit chat...yesterday, there was so much chatter, I nearly had to put tape on part of mine screen ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Got mine a few days ago. Thanks.

By the way, do you ride on Zwift, or do you just chit chat...yesterday, there was so much chatter, I nearly had to put tape on part of mine screen ;-)

did you ride the slowtwitch tuesday afternoon weekly structured training session yesterday?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is in the situation I’m in regarding the free footpod.
So, I’ve been following this thread and reading others posts about where they live and if they’ve received theirs yet. I’m in Ontario, Canada and fellow Canucks have gotten theirs. I decided to give it a few more days but still no delivery. So I’m wondering if I made the cut. I did receive the e mail stating I’m one of the first 1000 and I have a Zwift account and full one year membership. The thing is, I don’t pay monthly for it as I received my one year membership as part of a cycleops promotion when I bought my trainer in January. Would this affect my eligibility? Maybe I somehow come up in their system as not a paying member? Just curious and anxious to get it lol

Anyone else get this same deal?

Thanks team

Quinner

here's an email i got yesterday:

"Hi Dan, Well I opened up the mail to a new Zwift pod today. Sorry for bothering you with my email yesterday. Really appreciate what you do!"

here's from the day before:

"Nevermind! I got it!"

i've gotten a lot of these, and i'm getting these after said person first asks me to chase down where their foot pod is. x100 or so. therefore, i'm only checking on this about once per week. because i have my day jobs. i know you understand. near the end of this week i'll check up again.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. I was doing my own set and saw your name pop up a bunch of times. Even though I was one of the original better testers, I’ve never done an organized ride on Zwift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan, received mine in North East Indiana.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
No. I was doing my own set and saw your name pop up a bunch of times. Even though I was one of the original better testers, I’ve never done an organized ride on Zwift.

had you been on yesterday's ride, i don't think you'd have found it very chatty. if you're on thursday evening's ride (hilly vanilli) you definitely won't find that one chatty.

we had a little chat in the beginning, yesterday, because jesse thomas joined in. so, we had to talk a little picky smack.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who have not received their foot pod yet there is hope! Just received mine in the mail today (USPS). Think I was one of the first to get an email so took a while, box is damaged but hopefully the pod itself is ok.
Quote Reply

Prev Next