Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused...what are foot pods? And more importantly, how do I get one??

Nourish - Sports Nutrition Made Easy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
for ALL of you who are in this boat - you think did what you need to do for your footpod, but you haven't gotten an email from zwift - send me an email. not a PM. not a post to this thread. an email. you all know my email address, right? it's slowman at the domain you suspect it probably is. tell me the following:

1. you've been a zwifter, you pay every month.
2. you established a new zwift account, you're on free trial.
3. you established a new zwift account, you're paying (not on free trial).
4. something else (in which case, tell me the story).

i'll answer every one of you, and i'll make sure you get your foot pod. just, by EMAIL.

LATE ADD: when you send me your email, tell me if you use a different email for your zwift account and, if so, what it is.

I got the Zwift e-mail. Not a current subscriber, but have used Zwift in the past. Here's what they said.

"Hey Brett,

Thanks for being part of the Slowtwitch community on Zwift! You’re one of the first 1,000 to sign up for a free Zwift RunPod.

To qualify for a free Zwift RunPod you need to upgrade your account to a paid subscription. Once subscribed you will need to log in to your My Zwift account and update your shipping address.

Please complete these two steps by December 4th. RunPods will begin to ship to eligible Zwifters the week of December 10th.
See you on the road.
The Team at Zwift"

It makes sense to me that they want me to be a paid subscriber as there'd be no other reason for me to need a foot pod if I didn't have a zwift account.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
Slowman wrote:

for ALL of you who are in this boat - you think did what you need to do for your footpod, but you haven't gotten an email from zwift - send me an email. not a PM. not a post to this thread. an email. you all know my email address, right? it's slowman at the domain you suspect it probably is. tell me the following:

i'll answer every one of you, and i'll make sure you get your foot pod. just, by EMAIL.

LATE ADD: when you send me your email, tell me if you use a different email for your zwift account and, if so, what it is.

I got the Zwift e-mail. Not a current subscriber, but have used Zwift in the past. Here's what they said.

"Hey Brett,

Thanks for being part of the Slowtwitch community on Zwift! You’re one of the first 1,000 to sign up for a free Zwift RunPod.

To qualify for a free Zwift RunPod you need to upgrade your account to a paid subscription. Once subscribed you will need to log in to your My Zwift account and update your shipping address.

Please complete these two steps by December 4th. RunPods will begin to ship to eligible Zwifters the week of December 10th.
See you on the road.
The Team at Zwift"

It makes sense to me that they want me to be a paid subscriber as there'd be no other reason for me to need a foot pod if I didn't have a zwift account.

yeah. basically, that's it. i did check something. i asked whether anyone who "activates" the paying part of their subscription gets full credit for the any unused part of the free trial period, and the answer is yes.

so, if you milk the trial period to the end, then subscribe, you get the same benefit is if you immediately subscribe. everybody gets the trial period. just, you're likely to get your foot pod, or get it faster, if you subscribe more quickly.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,

Looks like I missed out unfortunately. I'm a long time Zwift user for biking and would love to give Zwift running a try. Let me know if you can do anything.

Thanks,
Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
Slowman wrote:

"Hey Brett,

See you on the road.
The Team at Zwift"

1 month subscription is $15 USD. Still cheaper than a footpod + shipping.

On another note, if I already had a shipping address + active subscription, could it be the reason why I didn't get the email from Zwift? since I already had all the required info for them to ship the footpod?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much Slowman!! I just got my free Zwift Run pod today. That was very quick!

Last edited by: Charleyy: Dec 12, 18 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [Charleyy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get a shipping notification or did it just show up?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [changums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just showed up. I didn't receive any emails from Zwift at all. All I did was add my shipping address in Zwift. According to the shipping label, it was shipped with Fedex on Dec 8th..
Last edited by: Charleyy: Dec 12, 18 11:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charleyy wrote:
Thank you very much Slowman!! I just got my free Zwift Run pod today. That was very quick!

Oh man, it comes with a ride on bumper sticker?!?! I am more excited about that then the run pod.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:

Oh man, it comes with a ride on bumper sticker?!?! I am more excited about that then the run pod.

Ahaha I was super excited about them too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan - I am a current zwifter, subscribed to the list, never gotten an email or anything from Zwift. Sent you an email, never heard back. Mind checking? My Zwift account is the same as my ST email address.

Thanks!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had all my infos provided, got the info for shipping details anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Dan - I am a current zwifter, subscribed to the list, never gotten an email or anything from Zwift. Sent you an email, never heard back. Mind checking? My Zwift account is the same as my ST email address.

Thanks!

Was your shipping address in your Zwift account?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, sir.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine today too. Very confused what was getting delivered, nice surprise!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:

But I thought Zwift Run was free.... for now.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same Dan. Also mailed you last week. Could you please check for us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine arrived last night, shipped Fedex to Canada. Woohoo! 3.2 km done already :)
Thanks Slowman and Zwift!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [OllyOllyOlly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
beston wrote:

But I thought Zwift Run was free.... for now.

I ended up passing on the foot pod deal. While, free stuff is 'always' great, I hate running on treadmills and running outside is one of the few ways that I get my ass outside during the winter.

I hope the foot pod is handed out to someone that can make good use of it
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [OllyOllyOlly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OllyOllyOlly wrote:
Same Dan. Also mailed you last week. Could you please check for us.
I also emailed you Dan but haven't heard anything back.
Sorry to push on this.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [bx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Mine arrived Fedex in Canada too! Woohoo! Thank you so much Dan for putting this together!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
yes, sir.

I had not noticed that I forgot about that crucial part until last week or so. Oh well!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't receive any news by mail from zwift or Dan (beside the first mail saying I was amongts the first 1000), I really hope I'll get it eventualy :(
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk free foot pods [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strangename wrote:
Didn't receive any news by mail from zwift or Dan (beside the first mail saying I was amongts the first 1000), I really hope I'll get it eventualy :(

Same for me. I received mine yesterday. I have an active Zwift suscribtion and I added my shipping address on my Zwift account.
Quote Reply

Prev Next