Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [gralden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the cleanest, best bike I have seen so far! Not a huge fan of the colors, but the build and custom work is beyond what anyone else has done.

No wires, all lines smoothed out, filling in the void above the BB, and the crank cover. And it looks like you filled in the void of the saddle? Grip tape for the base bars.

I'm a VERY impressed!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [greenmtnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please forgive me, I know I should know what LYC stands for, but my mind has gone blank. Could you spell it out for me.

greenmtnman wrote:
this is amazing. did you buy the little holder for the LYC? that is so so so cool!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the nice comments. Yes, I attempted to clean the bike up within reason. This is a custom carbon saddle with custom mount system. The saddle has a bottom cover as well. The saddle meets the 240mm UCI /USAC spec. and comes in at 104 grams. It actually is a very comfy saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The little yellow computer (LYC) the CPU for the powertap

Quote | Reply
Yes, this is custom too. The included picture shows the total design. Is was made from three layers of carbon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gralden wrote:

That's gotta be the cleanest front end ever. Hell, you couldn't do much better w/ a track bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glen that's superb!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gralden wrote:
Yes, this is custom too. The included picture shows the total design. Is was made from three layers of carbon.

unbelievable, that is really really cool. You have me re-thinking my front end

Quote | Reply
Thank you for the coment, here is a shot of the saddle on the seat post, I will try and get more (better pictures posted soon). I have an aluminum plate that mounts to the seat post and then mounting to the carbon saddle. The screws that hold the aluminum plate to the saddle thread into a magnesium plate molded into the carbon. All the mounting hardware and saddle add up to 156 grams, so it is a pretty light system.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, the bike updates turned out pretty well, a really paid a lot of attention to frontal area and the shape of all new carbon pieces.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [greenmtnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you again. It takes a litle of work, but I think anyone can make these parts with just a little money and time. One thing I have not mentioned was the complete weight of the bike as shown (for those interested), even tho weight is not of great importance. The bike as pictured weighs in at 17.64 pounds. With my 58mm Easton front wheel, the bike weights in at 17.33 pounds, so it is fairly light overall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that saddle hard carbon, or some kind of soft composite.?

Can you say and show more about your aero bottle?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a SICK set up!

Can you share how this was done? I have not seen such fabrication....ever!

I'm Phrom Phoenix!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The saddle is a three layer two piece (top and bottom) construction with the mounting structure molded in, nothing real fance. I will post the test saddle tomorrow of what the inside looks like. The water bottle and cage are carbon as well, the bottle is three layers think while the cage is four layers, again, I made test pieces to determine the construction, so the included pictures are the final product. The bottle has a one-way valve and a simply straw, it is designed to be rigid. Overall they turned out pretty well.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jayare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will try and post pictures of some of the molds it took to make these pieces, but believe me, they are not very impressive ;o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen this bike firsthand at local TT's. It's unreal.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just do not tell everyone is is not as fast as it might look, well at least the rider that is ;o)
Last edited by: gralden: Feb 9, 12 12:04
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DieTryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieTryin, Thank you, these were great projects to work on in the off season. Hopefully I can get the bike out on the road in the next couple of weeks to make sure everthing works as intended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing. Makes my ride look like a Schwinn Varsity.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:
Amazing. Makes my ride look like a Schwinn Varsity.

x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of grip tape is that you are using on the bars? I have been looking for something like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Pickles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pickles, Believe it or not it is just stair step tape that I picked up at Lowes. It comes in a 5-6 pack that has strips that are about 1" wide X 12". I think it only costs about $5. I have been using this for 3 years now and it works pretty well.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have waited 6 months to put this bike together.

It is even more fun than I was expecting it to be.

Behold:[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/...7373@N05/6859261529/]IMAG0278[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/25057373@N05/]chrisroundy[/url], on Flickr[/img]

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your little brother !!!! planning on upgrading to pro missile evo bars, wheel cover, DA chain and casette, as well as TriRig center pull front brake when its available. Only in the bike 2500 at this point 1700 bike plus 800 for wheels. Any advice as far as set-up would be appreciated, thanks. http://i43.tinypic.com/vn1i6a.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/a4ps9t.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [triguyfly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got my fit dialed in; cut the steerer and slammed the stem. Two rides in and I am in LOVE with the bike!

Quote Reply

Prev Next