Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is pretty darn cool.

Did it start life as a SC 7-series?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, hoping to buy my way into a state tt championship jersey next year ;)

And let me tell you... Trying to run Nokon liner through a Speed Concept front to back... challenge level - nightmare.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 X 10 with a shifter for the front
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, it was a tough call whether to just extend the left bar a little further out, in the end it's more comfortable for me to wrap my fingers around two shifters than 1 and a plug since I stack my hands on top of each other.

I do need to figure out some way to "lock" the unused one so it doesn't move when I put pressure on it.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first. Love the bike, but getting harder to justify upgrades to a 650c frame. Still love to ride it, it's light, quick, and nimble.

Currently, what I'll be racing Sunday. Not perfect, but it's aggressively set up and fast.

Last edited by: dpd3672: Sep 4, 15 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dpd3672] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow is that not a blast from the past. Slowman special.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Wow is that not a blast from the past. Slowman special.

As a relatively new person to this sport, I have to say it kills me to see how overlooked these early bikes are. I picked this Kilo up for $300 on Ebay, and have seen many of them selling there and on Craigslist for a song. I've been tempted a lot of times to pick up another one, but somehow reason and logistics always wins. This sport can have a high cost of entry, but I think too many who want to give it a try are scared off by the idea that you need a $5000+ bike to compete.

They're not the newest and shiniest, but I think they hold their own against even the best of the modern bikes (it's the engine, right?). High quality parts where it's appreciated; and solid, but less sexy where it's not, and the geometry seems to be perfect for my build. This is a 600 Ultegra 8-Speed, and while I'm tempted to upgrade it to DA 9 speed (since I have the parts on hand, and most of my other bikes are DA 9s), but I really don't wanna mess with what works.

I had planned on selling this when I upgraded (the Cervelo was another deal that was too good to pass up), but I can't quite seem to let go of it...It's a lot more comfortable to ride, and I prefer it on hills and more "curvy" rides. The Cervelo is fast as hell on a straightaway, but doesn't feel as nimble.

It's like a '62 Corvette. It might not be as technologically advanced as a new Z06, but every bit as sexy, just in a different way.
Last edited by: dpd3672: Sep 4, 15 9:18
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [randymessman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweet bike. is it an XL? that seems like a long head tube. and the rear brake ... could you have routed it internally thru the seat tube?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a large. It's the largest one they make in the ome frame. The OMP has a hole in the seat tube to route rear brake internally but not the ome. Still thinking about creative ways around this. Just installed a new tririg omega x brake in the front. Thinking about one for the rear too.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [randymessman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well its a sweet ride. repost after the tririg.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dpd3672] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I built up a 650c QR frameset a few years ago, Tange tubing, I was knocked out by the quality of the frame construction. Dan was employing an extremely talented framebuilder back then.
The old QR frames were built to last and with a modern wheelset and a few trick components would make a fast retro-modern ride.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25

Greg built up a custom Serotta a few seasons back for the front page and I kept thinking 'why not just do the same with an old Kilo frameset, it'll be just as good'

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Last edited by: Barchettaman: Sep 5, 15 5:46
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfquigley wrote:
Been making a few tweaks to my setup this year.

Used it as it appears here at Challenge Penticton Full distance tri and rode into 5th overall on the bike.

It's not the most expensive or latest technology, but it can get the job done!

Also tied for first at the local time trials lately the week before ( never thought that would happen ) less the aero bento and the aero bottle, just had a standard bottle in there.

Used a piece of pvc, electrical tape and 2 zip-ties for the computer mount which tucks neatle in behind the bottle, which fills the gap between my arms nicely.

Got the bike used 5 years ago ( no wheelset ) got the wheelset used this year, and built the disc cover myself.

I still have room to improve on the engine, it will be interesting what I can do next season!

Hats off to you! Very well done! Once the engine is finally tuned then you'll see how fast both of you can go!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bernadette right before a 100mi morning ride:

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [itzamna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
itzamna, what a beauty!!,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My new S-Works black on black Tarmac SL5. Ultimate climbing machine :)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [itzamna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice ride, what do you think of your fulcrum wheels?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [bojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you ARMORALL your Zipps?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ifp123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

First Ride. Yes, wearing flats... couldnt find my spare pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
bojan wrote:
My SpeedmaxCF, race ready

While beautiful. And nicely built. Those skewers. And that speed sensor are killing me.

This is a sweet bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're strong and light compared to new ones, but i admit that the aero profile may look obsolete, somehow Campy has stuck with their own simple flat profile.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

try to ignore the sad state of the grass that couldn't survive being surrounded by multiple giant maples and a dog....

2015 Giant Propel Advanced 2. Prices in Canada are jumping for 2016 models, + Canada won't be carrying the Advanced 2 (105) next year so would have to get the Advanced 1 (Ultegra) = double price whammy.

So when I was able to get a deal on the last 2015 they had in stock in my size I had to jump on it. Might take the savings and put it into an Ultegra crank (stock is a non-series Shimano).

Also prefer this paint way more than the 2016 Advanced 1 scheme.

Was able to swap out the stock white seat and bar tape for black. White is nice I guess, just doesn't stay white long.

I was a bit unsure about the mini v-brakes, but they work really well (only had a couple rides on it).

I'll cut the stem down after a couple more rides once I'm sure of the fit.

If anyone is looking to offload a set of Flo 30s I think they would find a really nice home on this bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a nice looking tarmac.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ifp123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ifp123 wrote:
Do you ARMORALL your Zipps?

:) :) :) the wheels were clean and Sun did the rest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New weapon for me:

Short review - goes like stink, brakes are average, but not a dealbreaker.
Quote Reply

Prev Next