Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing how switching from white saddle/white bar tape to red saddle/red bar tape seems to change the personality of a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [bconway6650] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bconway6650 wrote:
Amazing how switching from white saddle/white bar tape to red saddle/red bar tape seems to change the personality of a bike.

I was really beginning to feel that this bike was looking pretty dated, but I have to say this example is pretty darn sweet looking. I'd be happy with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [NoLimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NoLimit wrote:
No it was a very good copy. The carbon was T800 insteaf of the T1100 for the original. The frame was light, aero. The only probleme was the lack of rigidity at the back. But it doesn't prevent me to make some podiums, even if the finish was in a climb.
For your guidance, I paid this frame 360€ unused.

But having SWorks and Specialized stickers on a Chinese copy is a bit disingenuous. Ride it for what it is, a open mold Chinese frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Undeceives yourself it was not stickers but laser letters. And It doesn't matter to ride on a spé or a copy : it's was just for the name of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, what team truck did you rob to get your hands on that thing so quickly?!

Sweet as. How are the brakes?

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rides great, brakes feel fine, a tiny bit more 'lag' than the other bike I have been riding (DA brakes), wheels are ridonkulously wide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Initial ride report?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple of rides, 1 for 2 hours, 1 for 5 hours. Ride quality feels far superior to my old Venge (comfort and handling), brakes took just a few minutes of getting used to (no better/worse than any other brakes, just different). KOMs/PRs were set, whether that's because the bike is fast, conditions were good or I was just pedaling harder I cant really say (although numbers show higher speeds at lower power for most of them). It definitely 'feels' fast, was actually riding with a teammate who is also on the new Venge and both of us commented on having to touch the brakes quite a lot while freewheeling in someone's draft. As deep as the wheels are, felt remarkably stable even on sections where it was pretty gusty. I'm using the riser bars and riding on the tops is not *that* comfortable (was on the Zipp SL70 Aero bars before).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went back old school after selling my old Tarmac SL3 and Cervelo S5 Team. Saving up while using this ride for the next year or so...Not the newest tech, but it's still pretty fast. Will convert it back to a roadie after a short olympic race next weekend and throwing up Zipp 60's. Race wheels are Enve 65's with Chris King hub. I thought about 808's, but the brake track and wheel might not have enough clearance since this is an older frame. Even these 65's were on the wider side.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After a whole day of bike building and trying to figure out the damn rear brake, finished my build! I'll put up some nicer pics on its' maiden voyage!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
NoLimit wrote:
No it was a very good copy. The carbon was T800 insteaf of the T1100 for the original. The frame was light, aero. The only probleme was the lack of rigidity at the back. But it doesn't prevent me to make some podiums, even if the finish was in a climb.
For your guidance, I paid this frame 360€ unused.

But having SWorks and Specialized stickers on a Chinese copy is a bit disingenuous. Ride it for what it is, a open mold Chinese frame.

Agreed.... Why are you faking telling everyone that you have an S-works? If you love building your own bikes, then design some decals for yourself. Don't pawn off a bike as something it's not...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [FrazerNash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Pro textrem stickers and the Aeronave One are both my creations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NoLimit wrote:
The Pro textrem stickers and the Aeronave One are both my creations

Is it because you have sponsor obligations?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I don't
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/url][/img]

2011 Felt B12
Q-rings
Sram XG 1090 11-26
HED aero bar
Planet x wheels
Conti GP 4000s
x-lab sonic wing
desoto bento box that I put under the seat upside down
front hydration is a zip-tie setup...
cateye double wireless
fizik bar tape
adamo road saddle

It weighs ~18.2 lbs w/out the tool bag and I've put tons of miles on it and it has scratches and dings all over but it's been good to me.

shopping for a power meter and maybe some race wheels
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Li0nel1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated in preparation for Hawaii. Added an 808 rear and still looking to swap out the bars to something more integrated.

marceves.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [skiermarc127] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skiermarc127 wrote:
Updated in preparation for Hawaii. Added an 808 rear and still looking to swap out the bars to something more integrated.

Looks great! Not sure what you are going to get from swapping out the bars except spending more $. Currently looks very clean, and I like the ski bend bars. Better investment, get an 808 up front! Good luck in Hawaii....

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I opted for the 404 up front mainly because of the crosswinds in Hawaii and it's a minuscule time savings between a 404 and an 808. As for the bars I'm looking to get the extensions tucked up under the cups so I have more rise from my elbow to wrist. Plus they bars on there now are the alloy version of the devox bars, so I would ideally like to find something with nicer cable routing. I was thinking the new vuka aero from zipp or missile pro if I can find out how to route the brake cables with the fixed stem.

marceves.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best Looking Orbea in Town

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times. How did you fabricate the nose cone?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [randymessman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, sir
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [randymessman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been making a few tweaks to my setup this year.

Used it as it appears here at Challenge Penticton Full distance tri and rode into 5th overall on the bike.

It's not the most expensive or latest technology, but it can get the job done!

Also tied for first at the local time trials lately the week before ( never thought that would happen ) less the aero bento and the aero bottle, just had a standard bottle in there.

Used a piece of pvc, electrical tape and 2 zip-ties for the computer mount which tucks neatle in behind the bottle, which fills the gap between my arms nicely.

Got the bike used 5 years ago ( no wheelset ) got the wheelset used this year, and built the disc cover myself.

I still have room to improve on the engine, it will be interesting what I can do next season!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great to see you can still perform VERY well without the latest superbike; also nice clean job with the disc cover!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It's been a pita to build up, but it's "almost" done :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next