Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers for replying...
Did you start off with the stock extension and then find that you like mono plug better?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/..._074944-01.jpeg.html][/url]
Moved from a Parlee TT to a TTir.
Fabricated a nosecone to hide all the cables.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/...75026-01_1.jpeg.html][/url]
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/...0724_075206.jpg.html][/url]
Last edited by: campled: Jul 23, 15 22:15
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [bojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bojan wrote:
My SpeedmaxCF, race ready

need to switch those cages to bta and behind the saddle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank´s,

the fw is a 90mm oval concepts from ebay, don´t know the exact name.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The HOW and the WHY...! And let me just say, you can't have much more fun than this for £360 GBP (about $550 USD) (without visiting a high class brothel).

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello to Slowtwitch Community !

I'm a french cyclist, aged 23. My favorite discipline is Time Trial. No tri so far unfortanely. My passion is to build bikes combining aéro, beauty, and lightness, with an excellent value of money. Here's a bunch of bikes I assembled.
The first two were my bikes for my 2014 season. The last are those I currently use. There are all mounted witk Keo Blade 2 Cr 12 pedals. Whatever seasons & bikes, all tires are Conti Gatorskin 22 mm.

Enjoy !

S-works Venge

Frame size 54 (chinese copy)
Handlebar FSA Omega Compact w/ Sram Quickview
Saddle : Time carbon (90g)
Stem : Deda Zero 2 90 mm
Wheels : FFWD F4R 44 mm
Full Sram Rival 22 with Osymetric 52/38 chainrings
Weight : 7 kilos

My longest ride with it, alone, with a bagpack : https://www.strava.com/activities/321324253

RTS TTR1

Frame size 51
Handlebar Deda Kronos
Stem : BBB 50 mm
Saddle ISM TT
Water Bottle : Elite Crono CX
Full Sram Force 10 speed with Sram 900 shifters & brakers
Cranks Rotor 3D+ MAS with QXL chainrings (+ ceramic Rotor bottom bracket)
Wheels : Corima 3-spoke (w/ custom grey sticker !) & Zipp 900 1995 (gold hub edition) (w/ custom pro Textrem' sticker)
Weight (complete) : 8,350 kilos

Bike in action : https://vimeo.com/106846557

Kuota Kharma Race

Frame size 52
Saddle : Alpha Bike Elite
Handlebar : FSA Omega Compact
Handlebar Tape : Lightweight
Groupset Sram Rival 22 except Sram Force 22 cranks with 52/38 Ogival chainrings
Wheels : FFWD F4R 44 mm (and 46 mm alpha bike wheels soon. Only 1090g)
Weight (complete) : 7,6 kilos

Aeronave R8

Frame size 49
Handlebar : Deda Kronos
Stem : Chromag 40 mm w/ Zipp TT mount
Brakes : Tektro TL 720
Shifters : Sram TT 500
Saddle : Specialized Sitero
Bottle cages : Bontrager RXL
Full Sram Force 10 speed with Rotor Cervelo test Team cranks and Ogival 52/44 chainrings
Wheels : Custom Chinese 88 mm (hub chosen extra light, sapim) w/ custom Aeronave sticker (based on swiftcarbon Hemoglobin ;)) & Zipp 900 2015. On the front wheel, you can see the Monkeylectric system. Only one issue : you cannot ride over 65 KPH.

Sound of the bike : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5YMKj269qY
Bike in race (got first) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb7v9GbNH60

And one last picture !
IAM cycling 2015 speedsuit and Specialized S-works TT helmet

Last edited by: NoLimit: Jul 28, 15 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beauty!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [RobRich20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Rob. It's a pleasure to see that my efforts are paying off. I can assure you that every day it's funny to ride with those bikes . Everyone looks at you and you do not pass unnoticed !
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [NoLimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why in the world would you ride Gatorskins when so may tyres have been proven to be SO MUCH faster?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:
Is that a custom color?
Im sure you'll enjoy the Parlee's ride!

Yep, Custom paint.

Loving it so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NoLimit wrote:

Very nice bike.

But there might be a car company knocking on your door soon ... Wink

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why Gatorskin ?

Because the price is low (38€), this tire is also resistant, and its rolling resistance even if its not excellente is rather good. 7 or 8 bars if the floor isn't wet for my 60 kilos and here we go.
Another point, each ride I leave without anything (pomp, Co2 or tire) because I Know the won't be any puncture. Even during my trip (440 kms) with my Venge i took anything. In one season and 9200 kms browsed, I punctured once during a race with a 4200 kms tyre at 40 KPH in a pothole in a peloton.
Finally, as I ride 6 days out of 7, with Gatorskin I don't have to inflate my tires each time. 5 minutes saved, and 10 if it's my TT bike with the disc wheel.

I would to precise so far I tested Mavic Yksion, and schwalbe One (btw I slipped in a descent with those fucking tires).

@Dark speed : Thanks mate. Yes I know but it's not my fault ! http://www.tesla-bikes.com/
However, sometimes I pretend to have one...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gatorskins do not have rolling resistance even remotely resembling "good".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NoLimit wrote:
Why Gatorskin ?

Because the price is low (38€), this tire is also resistant, and its rolling resistance even if its not excellente is rather good. 7 or 8 bars if the floor isn't wet for my 60 kilos and here we go.
Another point, each ride I leave without anything (pomp, Co2 or tire) because I Know the won't be any puncture. Even during my trip (440 kms) with my Venge i took anything. In one season and 9200 kms browsed, I punctured once during a race with a 4200 kms tyre at 40 KPH in a pothole in a peloton.
Finally, as I ride 6 days out of 7, with Gatorskin I don't have to inflate my tires each time. 5 minutes saved, and 10 if it's my TT bike with the disc wheel.

I would to precise so far I tested Mavic Yksion, and schwalbe One (btw I slipped in a descent with those fucking tires).

Easily the worst collection of excuses I've ever seen to run rubbish tires. If you don't want to deal with latex tubes then you should at least run Conti Podium TT's.

BTW- riding unsupported for 440km without spares is neither big nor clever.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Podium TT are good but I don't have 70€ to put in one tire. With 70€, i can nearly buy a pair of Gatorskin. And, don't forget that I use two bikes at the same time, so I have 4 tires to remplace. 4x70 = 280€ whereas 4x38= 152€.
Finally, I've never said that riding unsupported is big or clever. It's my method, I assume all consequences.
Now I think we can focus on another thing than tires. It like tastes and colours, everyone has its own point of view.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NoLimit wrote:
Podium TT are good but I don't have 70€ to put in one tire. With 70€, i can nearly buy a pair of Gatorskin. And, don't forget that I use two bikes at the same time, so I have 4 tires to remplace. 4x70 = 280€ whereas 4x38= 152€.
Finally, I've never said that riding unsupported is big or clever. It's my method, I assume all consequences.
Now I think we can focus on another thing than tires. It like tastes and colours, everyone has its own point of view.

You have five bikes, multiple wheelsets (including a Corima wheel), and still can't afford to spend money on a proper set of tires. The power of rationalization.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With 70€ you can buy Conti Attack/Force. You can get Michelin Pro4 for even less. As far as tubs are concerned, you just need to look for deals. They're easy enough to find and I've bought loads of fast tubs (including Podium TT) in your budget. I'd rather replace my saddle with a belt sander than ride Conti Gatorskins again...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look closely I shown you 4 bikes and not 5. More, in my introduction I said that the first two are not in my possession yet. If i prefer to spend money on frame and wheels instead of expandables what's the problem ?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I regret my clarification about tires. It was just a precision. I'm open to new tires. But, it's clear that I will clearly prefer Conti to Michelin. I will try Attack/Force for my next shift. I got this idea in my mind. I was waiting for the moment to replace them.
Btw, the saddle is a key tool of the bike. For instance, ISM was to soft for me. With the sitero, power is transmitted better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Belt sander transmits power just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NoLimit wrote:
If you look closely I shown you 4 bikes and not 5. More, in my introduction I said that the first two are not in my possession yet. If i prefer to spend money on frame and wheels instead of expandables what's the problem ?

I hope that "S-Works" frame doesn't fall apart on you
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it was a very good copy. The carbon was T800 insteaf of the T1100 for the original. The frame was light, aero. The only probleme was the lack of rigidity at the back. But it doesn't prevent me to make some podiums, even if the finish was in a climb.
For your guidance, I paid this frame 360€ unused.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

2014 Felt B16 with drop bar and sti shifters for hilly courses, dura ace cranks and wheels; everything else is stock
Last edited by: jollyroger88: Jul 31, 15 0:37
Quote Reply
Post deleted by bconway6650 [ In reply to ]

Prev Next