Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [Marioa01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frameset purchased on st classifieds, maiden voyage in two days

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might as well give us some eye candy to look at to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [scb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to you because I LOVE the Lolo. Trying to figure out how to convince myself to replace my soul-less carbon (might as well be plastic) road bike.

Steel cyclocross bike made the transformation to full commute mode with flat bars and a single downtube shifter for the 1x10 drivetrain. I didn't think the Shimano 7700 shifter would pull enough cable for the Sram derailleur, but it works flawlessly in friction mode. Had my first commute on it in SF today and the flat bars are nice for hopping curbs and weaving around pedestrians.

On my ride to work this morning:

Rain commute mode waiting for the train (when it used to rain in CA):

Full race mode - if I get serious about CX, I will be getting a bike with disc brakes. The Paul Racers are beautiful, but don't stop for shit on carbon rims.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just curious if the OP gets an email every time someone has posted on here... 5,000+ and counting :-)

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, appreciate the note. I've now had LOLO for a year and everything is as brilliant as the day she arrived. I looked at road bikes forever and was actually going to get an sworks but wanted something a bit more unique for my road bike. I have carbon bikes (tri = older felt, mtn = trek superfly 29er) and something about steel seemed "right". Of course, I loaded it up with carbon bars/wheels/etc.

Nice work on the Cielo, looks like a sweet commuter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
Replying to you because I LOVE the Lolo. Trying to figure out how to convince myself to replace my soul-less carbon (might as well be plastic) road bike.

Steel cyclocross bike made the transformation to full commute mode with flat bars and a single downtube shifter for the 1x10 drivetrain. I didn't think the Shimano 7700 shifter would pull enough cable for the Sram derailleur, but it works flawlessly in friction mode. Had my first commute on it in SF today and the flat bars are nice for hopping curbs and weaving around pedestrians.

On my ride to work this morning:

Rain commute mode waiting for the train (when it used to rain in CA):

Full race mode - if I get serious about CX, I will be getting a bike with disc brakes. The Paul Racers are beautiful, but don't stop for shit on carbon rims.

Dude, why do you have water bottle cages for commuting?

P.S. Caltrain sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a new dad, so the water bottle cages are for coffee. Hopefully in a few moths I'll only need one!

/kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first tt bike ever ready for the first 70.3 of the year next week after two seasons of racing on a cheap road bike. Looking at this picture, I realize how high my armrests are, need to work on getting lower.
Not the most aero, but I am happy with the build which came in lighter than I thought it would at 19.5lbs.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [S~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:

Looking dirty fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice ride! I think your rear Lightweight disk costs more than my entire tri bike w/HED wheels and SRAM Red!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My newest century ride bike. Ultegra di2 setup. It rocks!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally ready for race season! My 2015 Slice (and proof I am a terrible photographer)

*I now have different tires on it...don't worry, I am not riding Conti Gran Prix 4-Seasons on my wheels

USA Triathlon Level 2 Coach
F.I.S.T. Certified Bike Fitter
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Jared Gell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015 Felt AR1 build[/url][/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My latest build. I've got a couple hundred miles on it already. Very comfy, and the beefy chainstays give up NOTHING in the way of wasted pedal input.

And yes, I built the frame also.
A few more pics here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Borrowed a bike from one buddy (don't currently have a tri bike) and wheels from another (don't currently have race wheels, either.)
What I ended up with is a late 90's(?) 9 speed with wheels that are prolly worth 3 times the frameset, lol.
Still, very grateful to have a sturdy and good looking bike for tomorrow's race. That Slice feels sexy :-)

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Post deleted by cmikesell [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by JODIRT [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow - now thats a beautifully curated cycle ! seriously nice

only question - where do you hang the beverages (apart from the dash cage), or is this a prologue rig only?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't hang beverages from the Dash, but I use the Plasma for all TT's, so 10, 25, 50 and 100 milers as well as 12hrs. I use one bottle on the seat tube and another between the arms (don't need any hydration short of 50 miles).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Photo taken before first race of season last night.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious why you don't use the mount back there? Did you anticipate using it and not like it?

Have the same saddle, and it's a little hard to reach, but worth it over putting a bottle on the frame IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got sick of trying to wrench a bottle out of mine, so it is now the world's most expensive flat kit carrier.

BTA and an aero bottle on the seat tube.

/kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I toyed with the idea of cutting the back off, don't blame you. Definitely a pain.

After that endorsement... Anyone want to trade for the tri7?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cyronman wrote:
Curious why you don't use the mount back there? Did you anticipate using it and not like it?

Have the same saddle, and it's a little hard to reach, but worth it over putting a bottle on the frame IMO.

I used it once in a 100 and the bottle ejected at around 5 miles. Also it's really difficult to replace the bottle and any aero savings over an aero ST bottle are negated by faffing. I like the carbon extension as it makes it super easy for helpers to hold the bike for the start.
Quote Reply

Prev Next