Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here's my newest ride! So stoked to finally have a decent mountain bike. I finally graduated from my 2008 Schwinn from Target.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Max Daddy wrote:
Custom paint and wheel decals injected some new life into my tri bike.

Where did you get the Zipp decals?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign company here in Atlanta. I had them layup 303 404 and 808.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my hoopty!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VGT wrote:
My new CR.301. Not as fancy as most of ya'll, but the first new bike I've ever bought, so I'm pretty excited!

Nice, mine is being put together this month. How does she ride?

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sponsored by Tririg? lol Beautiful ride!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [PatrickOfSteele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PatrickOfSteele wrote:
Gonna be a good season.

[/url]

Was scrolling through this thread, saw this bike, and thought "that's a good looking Scalpel", looked at it a little closer and realized "Hey that's my old bike!" Hope you are enjoying it.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My TT Bike, looks a bit dated compared to some on this thread but I can't see me wanting to change it any time soon.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Mike_G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

==================
Cervelo P3 / Flo 60/90
RTA Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [kaioken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice build! Always love a nice Plasma..

Here's my SC 7... Built with SRAM Red 10sp, Quarq, Devox aerobar, Sitero saddle Chinese wheels and a dodgy wheelcover...

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my Plasma I just finished building![/img]

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Almond [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike! I have a nearly identical p3 build about to be finished in a couple days w/the full TriRig cockpit and brakes... how are the TriRig parts working for you?

My LBS owner was looking a bit cross-eyed at me for spec'ing those parts. Can you post other close-up's of the stem / bars to show how the junction box and other cables / wires are routed? Did you mount the BTA bottle cage directly on the stem mounts? When I was dry-fitting the alpha bars and arm pads, it looked it was going to be a close call for cramming the bottle in between w/out hitting the extension mounts.

thanks, Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [cyfac06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...just finished my new QRoo build. Waiting for warmer temps and no snow, and then I'll get her out on the pavement!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyfac06 wrote:
Nice bike! I have a nearly identical p3 build about to be finished in a couple days w/the full TriRig cockpit and brakes... how are the TriRig parts working for you?

For the most part I'm pleased with them. The stem is a nice product. The aerobars allow for an amazing amount of adjustability, however, the finish on the base bar peeled away around the extension clamp holes. It would be nice to have a bit more bend in the extensions. My LBS said the brakes remind him of older mtn. bike brakes. I had some issues with the brake levers, but Nick has been really good with customer service.

cyfac06 wrote:
My LBS owner was looking a bit cross-eyed at me for spec'ing those parts. Can you post other close-up's of the stem / bars to show how the junction box and other cables / wires are routed?

Be sure to have your LBS read/watch the installation instructions/videos on TriRig.com. Things will make a lot more sense.
Nick has a mod to hide junction boxes and wires in the bike frame, but this only works if the space in the frame is large enough: it's not on the P3, therefore requiring the 5-port junction to be mounted on the stem.

Note how the zip ties are in place: 1 large in the front of the junction box that goes into the slot in the stem cover. The locking square on the tie is big enough to stay in the slot and therefore hold the junction box in place; the zip tie in the back of the junction box goes around the box and into the slot in the stem cover (just like the front zip tie) but there are also two small zip ties going around each side of the stem cover that hold the rear zip tie tighter in place.

Finished product without the cage.

View of the wiring under the stem cover.

cyfac06 wrote:
Did you mount the BTA bottle cage directly on the stem mounts? When I was dry-fitting the alpha bars and arm pads, it looked it was going to be a close call for cramming the bottle in between w/out hitting the extension mounts.

The cage can be mounted directly to the stem as long as your arm pads are wide enough. I purchased Nick's BTA mount, which mounts on the extension clamps/spacers under the arm pads. I highly recommend it because it stiffens up the cockpit, makes it easier to adjust items, and allows for any arm pad width.

/Howie Nordström
Last edited by: lllusion: Mar 20, 14 9:37
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steve_c wrote:
Nice build! Always love a nice Plasma..

Here's my SC 7... Built with SRAM Red 10sp, Quarq, Devox aerobar, Sitero saddle Chinese wheels and a dodgy wheelcover...

Nice setup! I have a sC 7. Interested in doing similar set up. Which wheels did you go with?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [LindenFerguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got some Chinese Carbon clinchers from FarSports.cn .. can't really fault them so far.
If I had more cash I would be riding Hed Jet 9/Disc though :)

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the extra pics... You're going pretty darn narrow with those armrests. Are those salt stick tubes plugging the ends of your extensions?

I'll post pics of my new bike once its ready
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started with the arm pads wider but have found that the current position is the most comfortable for me. This is one of the main reasons I went with the Alpha--lots of adjustability. What's not obvious in the pics is that the extensions are leaned inwards (IOW, not pointing straight forward), as well as having the shifters angled down.

Those are SaltSticks in the extensions. They each hold 6 capsules. It's super handy!

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [MR2014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My extensions have some serious envy...

MR2014 wrote:
New rig for 2014 - fitting tomorrow, hence bars have not been cut down yet and spacers still in place. Cervelo P5-6, Hed Stinger 9 tubulars, 3T straight bars, Sitero Pro - I'll be adding my usual Osymetric rings to her in due course. Not looking forward to the headache that's involved in setting them up....almost wish I didn't prefer them!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally finished my winter project!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

SC 7.5 Ultegra Di2 6870
Dash Stage 9
Hed Jet 9s
Stages (fingers crossed)

Fyi for those building a SC 7.5 with Di2, you ll need to buy the carbon seatpost and internal battery hardware.
Last edited by: JPDMD25: Mar 28, 14 15:36
Quote Reply

Prev Next