Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Re: [turboferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DI'd the saddle cost more than the frame..
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [garageman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not quite, the saddle was $575 and I think the frame was about $900.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to try one of those, but I just think saddles should cost no more than 100 bucks...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was also of a similar opinion, but I didn't get on with my usual Selle Italia SLR choice when in the TT position, so tried my most expensive saddle to date at the time of an ISM Adamo. Didn't get on with that, so ordered a Dash using their trial programme (Pay $100 refundable, if you don't like the saddle, send it back, else pay the remainder) and really liked it. I will agree that it is a hideous amount of money to spend on a saddle though! However, how much would you spend to avoid having an incredibly painful scrotum for 5 hours....

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the tri version of the slr on my tri bike, love it .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
garageman wrote:
I've got the tri version of the slr on my tri bike, love it .

Maybe I should have tried one of those before dropping the big bucks :)

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sick set up. Any reason you went with the Chinese disc and Chinese frame with all the other expensive components? For $900 you could have easily found a lightly used HED or Zipp rear...
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [nscott1463] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new steed:

Traded in my D6 which just didn't fit me for her. Got everything up and ready except the brake pads (which I didn't realize I didn't change out until last night when I took her for a test ride). Position was done with a quick fit at the bike shop - but feels pretty good and looks a billion times better than my D6 did. I might be able to get a bit lower, but that will be decided when I take it over to Eros next month or two and get that sorted out. We'll see how much my bike split improves at my Oly this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dura Ace Di2
Alden Designs Computer mount
ISM Attack Saddle
Reynolds Sixty Six wheels
Look Aero pedals in shipping no mans land
Last edited by: Triathlete_37: Jun 20, 13 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1 year old Speed Concept with SRAM red. The wife picked out the colors. I'll be racing it tonight at the Thursday night Lake Terramuggus sprint tri in Marlborough, CT. Anybody else going? The weather looks perfect. Light winds, 78 degrees, blue skies...

And yes I have a different front and rear tire... oh the shame!
Last edited by: M.E.A.T.: Jun 20, 13 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [M.E.A.T.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike looks better in the dog thread.

Have a good race. I've never done a night race. Sounds like fun. Let us know how you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet ride. Has the dog "marked it"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New TT bike, just got it home today.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by elcartelduco [ In reply to ]
Re: Let's see your ride! [mickey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NP makes bikes? I used to love their windsurfing gear in the 80's.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resembles some covert military weapons experiment. It looks fast and dangerous.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamie wrote:
Here mine is.

Nice bike and I love the helmet. Just seems a little busy with all the 'bling' attached to frame.

Quote Reply
Re: Re: [greenmtnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greenmtnman wrote:

this is one of the best looking p3s i've seen yet. i'm not a cervelo fan, but this is a sharp bike.

Thanks, and thanks for the other compliments as well. I'm really enjoying this bike. It's already recieved a few more upgrades, and more are certainly on the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [Triathlete_37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_37, Very sharp looking bike, it has all the great components on it to be a very fast ride. Thank you for allowing my computer mount to be used on it. Glen
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [gralden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine. I went for the cheap route of reworking one of my road bikes.

Quote Reply
Re: Re: [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed when I read "cheap" and then saw the picture

Quote | Reply
Yeah, last time I checked, the word "cervelo" couldn't get any farther from the word "cheap"........just saying.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [joebednar4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Cheap" means "cheaper than buying a new frame + wheelset/fully built bike".

It's all relative.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [joebednar4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joebednar4 wrote:
Yeah, last time I checked, the word "cervelo" couldn't get any farther from the word "cheap"........just saying.

Don't forget the Campy carbon 11 RD either... those puppies alone run somewhere around $300 (can't tell at that distance whether it's Record or Chorus).

But yeah, I get that it's still less than starting over from scratch.
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chorus, ebay, second hand.

The big ticket items were the Vuka front end and the Campy bar end shifters (which do not shift nearly as smoothly as conventional Campy ergos. Real clack-clack stuff), which I had to buy new. Saddle was second hand, disc cover is << disc, brakes are cheap as chips Tektros. For what it is, I thought the X Lab thing behind the saddle was pretty pricey though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next