Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [FrostyJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<That is an impressive collection. Congrats. Personally I do not like stickers and think your bikes would look so much better without all the stickers that are not original to the bike. That said, you win! >

Hi FrostyJ,

Thank you for a nice compliment and your words so well of my pride and joy bicycle collection.
I have been buying bicycles that I always dreamed of since so long ago during my high school years and still I am not done yet. I kept buying one after another and it was hard for me to let go one of them because they are in excellent condition. I did not realize that some of what I have became rare.

My kid brother who lives in New York bought some Italia stickers in the Little Italy. He placed the stickers to my bicycles way back then. I wanted to take them off but thinking about the good old days, I left them on the bikes still these days.
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Dec 29, 12 0:01
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MaxT;

How many bicycles are in your collection?

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MaxT;
How many bicycles are in your collection?
Brad

Hi Brad,
What you see on my Flickr is what I still have left. I am selling everything so far except keeping my Zipp 2001 & 3001, Lotus Sport 110, Litespeed Blade, Litespeed Machete and Look KG196. I still have more and I did not have a chance to add photos to my Flickr before taking a long trip. I will do it as soon as I can.

As I am typing to you, I am in process of dealing with another Zipp 2001 bike at a same time. I have confident it will go through.
Thank you for a nice forum chats with you.

Here is my Flickr address:
http://flickeflu.com/photos/82962240@N07
http://www.flickr.com/...os/maxtbicycle/sets/

Sincerely,
Max T
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Dec 30, 12 15:15
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [trexleradam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<That's a pretty incredible collection. With the last litespeed, what kind of stem are you using? Have you thought about doing a zipp frame with modern parts?>
----------
Hi trexleradam,
Thank you very much; it is nice to hear that and it makes me smile. Life is short and it is time to share my pride and joy of bicycle collection with such passionate bicycle fans.

I am using Control Tech Direct Connect Downhill Stem mounted on Vision Tech for my Litespeed Blade. I flipped it backward to get shortest reach. Before that, I had it in superman position just like my favorite rider Graeme Obree's style. But it was crazy and hard to ride.

Yes indeed I have thought about doing a Zipp frame with modern parts. Every time I was about to do radical changes to the Zipp, I felt that I had too much respect for it. They are an American history and it was truly made in USA. I have expressed many times with fellow bicycle fans not to modify the frame by drilling holes, patching carbon to already a beautiful frame and using a standard bicycle stand to clamp to frame or clamp to the beam. Zipp bike should be taken well care of because it is not replaceable. The Zipp bike is not compatible for most current component. Yes you can update the parts but please do not modify the frame. Otherwise, just buy another or just leave the Zipp bike alone so other people can really appreciate it. I have seen dealers throwing the Zipp frame around just for the money and the frame ended up either damaged or having dents all over. I can go on with this but only true Zipp owner could see the way I see.

p.s.
Just now right before I write this to you, I have completed the transaction for another Zipp 2001 in blue. I am very happy for it. Here is the temporary photo that the seller sent me, enjoy.

Life is short, enjoy, love, peace!

Click here to download more bicycles in maximum resolution:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/

`

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Mar 12, 13 18:03
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My "Divorce Bike." Finally got the papers signed and I completed the build this month. NOS frame and new 105, 10-speed group. ZIPP 404's (yes, I know they do not match. I will get matching decals) 17 pounds with pedals and cages, 56cm. I love the flat black look, but when I got this frame I had to have matching wet black stem and seatpost.
My first Cervelo and my first new bike since my Softride PowerWing in 1997. Happy Trails!!!

Habitual line stepper.
Last edited by: zeusrun: Dec 31, 12 5:35
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<My "Divorce Bike." Finally got the papers signed and I completed the build this month. NOS frame and new 105, 10-speed group. ZIPP 404's (yes, I know they do not match. I will get matching decals) 17 pounds with pedals and cages, 56cm. I love the flat black look, but when I got this frame I had to have matching wet black stem and seatpost.>
-------

Hi zeusrum,
AAAAHaaaah#&@#*ha! That is a good one. I have never seen a divorce bike looking great like this and in perfect shape. Usually they are broken into pieces like my friend’s bike. 105 works great and it matches with the rest of your bike. Zipp wheels are perfect touch like a cream on cake. The seat stays looks comfortable to ride, enjoy and have fun.

-Max T

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Dec 30, 12 17:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not @ zeusrun specific

Here is my "new to me" 2010 Kestrel 4000. Best part - I am into this for less than $2000 total not counting the tri-spokes. I sold my older Airfoil for the same price as this frame and aerobars ($1200), picked up the rest of the components here and there (some CL, some retail on sale) for under $700 and used a few items from my parts bin. Still a few parts coming in the mail (new saddle and pedals) and I will eventually upgrade the cranks to a powermeter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just take the decals off, and go stealth on the wheels. looks great!

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just getting my TT rig primed for the season. Put the Quarq on, shortened some cables, dropped the stem. I still need to cut steer tube and glue my tires on, but those things won't happen today. But, rest assured, they will be done.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine. The Zipp wheels are my old racing wheels that now serve full time on this rig. I will use matching Bontrager 7 and 9 clinchers to race this season (similar to Firecrest). :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [BFPD1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Waiting to get a set of Aeolus d9's for it
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [compactflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad a$$, but the pie plate has to go...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAH It's off now Brad, need to get a newer pic!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [compactflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike, it will look fantastic with the new wheels you will be putting on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just bought this P2 a month ago. Got the Williams wheels only to find out the white decals were under a layer of clear coat so I went through the pain-stacking process of cutting out individual letters from a matte black decal sheet. Probably took 15 hours total but I think it's worth it!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jfolks259] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jfolks259 wrote:
I went through the pain-stacking process of cutting out individual letters from a matte black decal sheet. Probably took 15 hours total but I think it's worth it!

You have too much time on your hands. Go train more.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [atilley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atilley wrote:
jfolks259 wrote:
I went through the pain-stacking process of cutting out individual letters from a matte black decal sheet. Probably took 15 hours total but I think it's worth it!

You have too much time on your hands. Go train more.

This. Nobody needs 15 hours of recovery.

LOL but it looks good.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you cut them out in between intervals :0)
It looks really good !

Re: Let's see your ride! [atilley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It took me around two weeks so I don't have as much time as you'd think!

Currently training for the Chicago 50k on the lakefront so no need to worry
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Hope you cut them out in between intervals :0)
It looks really good !

Thanks! Nice to have someone appreciate it after so much work haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jfolks259 wrote:
Just bought this P2 a month ago. Got the Williams wheels only to find out the white decals were under a layer of clear coat so I went through the pain-stacking process of cutting out individual letters from a matte black decal sheet. Probably took 15 hours total but I think it's worth it!

That's a lot of work, but the final result looks great. How exactly did you cut out the letters? Did you use tracing paper? Or another method?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! First I used just regular white paper to trace each letter from the wheel. Cut out that and used it as a stencil onto the decal sheet. It was actually a pretty easy process, just time consuming with all of the trimming that was needed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My 2011 BMC TT02 Time Machine...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [P3whitelighting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my latest. Just finished it yesterday. I'll cut off the excess steer tube when I've dialed it in.

Quote Reply

Prev Next