Prev Next
Re: Let's See Your P3's [boilermaker_yv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Is this a joke?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is McStumpe's P3C, he couldn't figure out how to post the pic so here it is.
I took it for a spin the other day, Very smooth and the Zipp RTC shifters and awesome!

Because Pirates Tri Harder - MTXE
http://www.scurvydogstriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [Trigirlpink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[/img]

One of the biggest mistakes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

You are fucking with us, aren't you ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What took you so long? I was waiting for your comment. :-) Got any scratches on that OLD Felt????

that white cervelo just made it my wallpaper...frick you man...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [reventon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's Mine

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

c u n t2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Your bike makes baby Jesus cry
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ouch my eyes!! hydration nightmare, cable housing, small ring, rear light, all on a WC colors P3. yikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [solorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what version of the p3 is this? I can't seem to find it anywhere..is it custom painted?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [stepurgameup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what version of the p3 is this? I can't seem to find it anywhere..is it custom painted?

it's the World Champion version so it has the rainbow stripes of the WC jersey painted on it. cervelo did a limited edition run of them after fabian cancellara won his first world time trial championship on his P3C. you can find them on ebay every once in a while. people complain about cervelo's boring paint schemes but they've done limited edition frames like this one, the olympic rings on the S3, and the 100th anniversary giro d'italia RS.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Twitter @achtervolger
Last edited by: Logan D Dog: Jun 24, 10 18:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clean setup ready to rock & roll

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What saddle bag were you using in that pic? It looks very compact and a good fit. My rails are about there and I might like to try whatever you had. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my ride. I was not the most flexible when I bought the bike and plan on removing spacers this year as I change out componentry. Still a decent drop. Right now it is a SRAM/Campy hybrid.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [alexaqui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why did you buy a P3 if you cant ride it as it was designed? Just wondering.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [P_Ahart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why did you buy a P3 if you cant ride it as it was designed? Just wondering.

I was sized and fit by a shop specializing in fitting and I trusted their assessment. The 'fitter' at the time indicated I should continue to work on flexibility, which I have improved on quite a bit. When I purchased the bike, I did not know any better as I was transitioning from being a pure cyclist and had not really paid too much attention to time trial frame setups. I did not care if I purchased a P3/P2/Trek TTX/etc. I assumed (incorrectly) that going to a reputable shop with a reputable 'fitter' would result in the sale of a bike that fits me properly. I have not gotten around to lowering the front end as I have been comfortable on the setup (completed first 70.3 this year without problems) and have had good results on the bike.

Interestingly enough, the same person who 'fit' me on this bike is still busy 'fitting' people on this board (think Treck SC thread).

Regardless, it is still a very fast bike, I am comfortable, and I plan on making some changes. I don't think I'll ever get down low in the front as some people, especially considering the height of my seatpost...
Last edited by: alexaqui: Jun 25, 10 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think the P3 was a terrible choice for you, the Oval bars are about as low of stack as any bar out there. Something with a high stack would probably be a bit better combo for you and that bike.

I'm guessing with a 3T ventus, or maybe any syntace you could cut down on half or more of those spacers.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quarq Powermeter with Garmin 705, Rotor Crank, with SRAM 54x42 chainring, Zipp Vuka Aerobars, zipp 1080 front tubulars, zipp sub 9 rear,
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [stepurgameup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think R&A Cycles has select sizes listed on their sale page.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your P3's [waydog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nicely done, simple and clean.

=]

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That makes more sense. Is the fork a carbon post? I would worry more about snapping myself. The same thing happened to me on my first bike. So this one I fit myself nicely on. IMO flexibility has little to do with drop. Really it seems more like just tilting yourself foward more(moving saddle up, lowering front end). How does that seat feel? It hurts just looking at it. Like the other person side I would get a higher stack aerobar(v.t. or p.d. are cheap), that way you could still have the same amount of drop with less spacers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine. 51cm frame bought from a fellow forum member, then built up with Red, Bontrager XXX bars, Cosmic Carbon front, HED3 rear with a conversion to HED3 disc performed by another forum member (really cool wheel!). Just under 18 pounds as pictured.

Quote Reply

Prev Next