Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Cheater banned from sport for cheating [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UCI alone does the stripping of titles.. sorry usada/wada

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
trihard4me wrote:
hey should strip him of everything..... he's a cheater, a liar and a fraud.

trihard4me wrote:
No a cheater finds a way to put a spin on it and look like the victim by bowing out.... He cheated and is a liar too.

I am not a psychiatrist but I would say that you have a wee bit of an angry issue.

A wee bit? Every post of his on all topics is this angry. He once said that he swims over people that get in his way in tris. Yeah, I'd say he has an anger problem.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Cheater banned from sport for cheating [flim-mike-bunz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UCI is signed upto the WADA code however. If the UCI doesn't go through, then they risk cycling being kicked out of the Olympics. Is Lance worth that for the UCI...I doubt it. Anyway, you are wrong, it is ultimately upto the ASO...they own and run the race as well as many other prestigious ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're delusional. It wouldn't kill the Kona name.
You do know that past Kona winners have been tested positive for PEDs and stripped of their titles, right? Did that destroy the Kona name? Or are you completely unaware of those participants and still think the Kona name is clean?

**And I still stand by testing the SHIT out of Craig Alexander. I don't buy a 14 minute bike gain in one year after half a decade of racing the same event. Don't buy it, don't buy it.

Me_XMan wrote:
They shouldn't let the dope man race. It wouldn't be a fair race.
They would kill the Kona name.

ian moone wrote:
not to rain on your parade, but IM has bigger problems right now that LA racing Kona, they loosing market shares, and Lance won't change that,
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [RFO333] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RFO333 wrote:

Finally we should lobby/ do whatever is necessary to get the Kona crowd to let him compete. Every one of us would like to see if Lance really can kick their ass or get his kicked at Kona. The promoters/advertisers should know their viewing audience is “affected” and without the “Lance touch” their viewing audience is going way down-$$. Or maybe the elite pros will get together and say it will be Lance today and me tomorrow so you may as well decide right now because we are not going to compete. No Lance, no me. Wouldn’t that be great just to get this sport back into our world?

If you feel the same way, do something.

Robert F Oury

WTC works with WADA. WADA accepts USADAs judgement. Lance will not be at Kona regardless of how much lobbying is done to get him there. He is banned for life, that includes all WTC events.

Sorry but there is nothing you and the rest of the tri community can do, unless you plan on petitioning that WTC drops WADA as their doping governing body. I don't see WTC doing that, nor do I think it is a good idea.

Was the process fair? I don't think so. Does it really matter at this point? Again, I don't think so.

The decision has been made nothing will change this at this point.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drn92 wrote:
TeamBarenaked wrote:
BDoughtie wrote:
Would you like your local law enforcement agency to come to you and say ... "we now have the technology to look back at your driving habits for the past 8 years and noticed that you were speeding on August 23rd, 2007 in a school zone. We are retroactively revoking your license and fining you for the infraction."? Would you fight it or not?

But I dont think that this case is anywhere close to what you are describing. You would have to add, Due to countless complaints of you speeding in a school zone, along with the implied danger that action has potentially put others in harm, we feel it's necessary to prosecute you.

This isnt going to start opening up pandora's box for anyone to just make one single claim and start a snowball. This investigation all began with evidence that was contrary to what the tests were saying. It's not as if they were just single handily making stuff up to make it's case. The case essentially was there for the taking if it wanted to be, USADA just had the nerve/balls to final go after him and win.

I saw someone else make this analogy:

Mr. Armstrong, we see that you blew a 0.0on this breathalyzer, you are free to go.
Couple months later, cops knock on the door "We have ten people who say they saw you drinking that night, so we are arresting you"

Bingo ... and much better than my analogy (I do not drink ... so I didn't put this together).

drn92

Except that's a really shitty analogy. If you want to use the breathalyzer analogy, it's like someone who claims to not drink, then 10 people go out with this person out drinking. Said person then takes a breathalyzer the next day and blows 0.00, and claims that since they passed the test that is proof of them never drinking.

It really is hilarious though, the lengths that people will go to keep the blinders on their eyes.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [Rocketman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ITS OK FOR AMERICANS TO CHEAT!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [radelj44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
radelj44 wrote:

**And I still stand by testing the SHIT out of Craig Alexander. I don't buy a 14 minute bike gain in one year after half a decade of racing the same event. Don't buy it, don't buy it.

Whoa, Crowie is a doper now? He used an aero helmet for the first time at Kona, he also had a bike that is a zillion times better than his old bike. He also focused on riding last year and made sure that he stayed with the lead cyclists (which he never bothered to do in the past until this strategy was busted by Macca).

But go ahead and call him a doper, that had to be it...

Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
radelj44 wrote:

Whoa, Crowie is a doper now? He used an aero helmet for the first time at Kona, he also had a bike that is a zillion times better than his old bike. He also focused on riding last year and made sure that he stayed with the lead cyclists (which he never bothered to do in the past until this strategy was busted by Macca).

But go ahead and call him a doper, that had to be it...

Anyone see what I did there? I made a claim and all of a sudden he's a doper. Is that any different from Lance? I'm sure Crowie has passed a hundred tests already.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance can't be stripped of his titles. He won them already, doped or not. He crushed a field of doped up riders and I don't give a flying f*ck if he used epo or not.
Lance ruled and still does. He most likely would have won Kona this year and you all know it. He should just do the course the day after on his own with some cameras and prove that he'd have won it. That's what he should do and make a f*cking movie of it.
Last edited by: ImNoMDot: Aug 24, 12 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To put it in a way that I hope is clear. I could care less.

I have never bought his products and never watched his races, it didn't bring me to bicycle racing, or triathlon, although I did read his first book. Which helped me understand that he is probably a ruthless s.o.b. which if you know any successful people, they are all, mostly. They are the ones who win you know. It's about the only thing he and I might have in common, I like to win, he did.

For those who wish to see him punished, this is a validation of sorts. Although they don't get to see him in sack cloth and ashes, which must be irritating.

But the perception for me is that this is a stacked deck process, and for the rest of us too dull witted to come to any other conclusion, or without the inside knowledge that so many profess to have. It vaguely reminds me of a lynching and while I am sure that occasionally they got it right, historically it didn't always come out that way.

While Lance is surely doing all he can to protect what he worked hard for, in whatever fashion (who wouldn't), the whiff of private agenda on some people's part, compares with the witch hunts of so many "special" prosecutors of the past.

And they were never bent on self aggrandizement were they.

Your last line says it all about your opinion. As did mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

IMWI 2013
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not have blinders on my eyes. What I do have is a belief that the process used to pursue and prosecute LA by the USADA is flawed and a witch hunt.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phog wrote:
And they were never bent on self aggrandizement were they.

Your last line says it all about your opinion. As did mine.

Go read lances press releases and court filings from this process and go read USADAs, pretty easy to see who was self aggrandizing, and I'll give you a hint it wasnt USADA
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else thinks its interesting that nobody has ever claimed to be the rightful winner of those tours? Will anyone do as much now? If not, what does that say?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [bobloblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re:Olympics WADA: no cycling?

Really? That would truely be a tragedy. Vinokourov GOLD is almost as trivial as beach volleyball, syncronized diving, and women's boxing.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:
Does anyone else thinks its interesting that nobody has ever claimed to be the rightful winner of those tours? Will anyone do as much now? If not, what does that say?

Jan Ulrich has already been quoted as saying "I am proud of my second place finishes" and "I know what place I came in" <-- may not be word for word but he said these things when asked about being given some of Lances wins.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [ImNoMDot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is a doper, who cares what he could have done in Kona. I'm sure the 'what he could have done' will always be better than the reality would have been.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
LAA1125 wrote:
Well said. By the way, how do we know that LeMond didn't dope? For example, look at the 1990 TdF results:

1 Greg LeMond (USA)Z90h 43' 20"2 Claudio Chiappucci (ITA)Carrera Jeans-Vagabond+2' 16"3 Erik Breukink (NED)PDM+2' 29"4 Pedro Delgado (ESP)Banesto+5' 01"5 Marino Lejarreta (ESP)ONCE+5' 05"6 Eduardo Chozas (ESP)ONCE+9' 14"7 Gianni Bugno (ITA)Chateau d'Ax+9' 39"8 Raúl Alcalá (MEX)PDM+11' 14"9 Claude Criquielion (BEL)Lotto-Superclub+12' 04"10 Miguel Indurain (ESP)Banesto+12' 47"

If LeMond didn't dope, he then beat several riders who were at least linked to doping allegations, i.e. Chiappucci (came from nowhere to be a star), Breukink (remember the 1991 TdF), Delgado (positive). This was one the arguments that many people used against Lance Armstrong to support that he used PEDs. Also, in 1989 he beat Fignon (who later admitted to doping) and Delgado.

A VO2 in the 90s certainly has nothing to do with it. Seriously, doping changed radically in the early nineties, and we're talking about very different returns on pharmaceuticals . Not the same argument; nor has anyone to my knowledge suspect Lemond of condoning a team-wide medical program. Seriously, learn more about Lemond and his performances before going on in this direction.

A few points....

First, the notion that "doping changed radically" in the 90's is not exactly true. Everyone zeros in on EPO, but blood doping (also known as blood packing or blood boosting) has been around for a long time. Just about the entire 1984 US Olympic cycling team admitted to blood packing, which at the time was legal. I wouldn't be at all surprised if folks in the pro peloton were doing the same thing at the time. EPO made it easier boost red blood cells without resorting to withdrawing, storing, and then reinjecting one's own blood, but homologous blood doping made a come back after a test for EPO was found.

Second, when Lemond started going backwards in 1991 and afterwards, he blamed all manner of illnesses for his problems. Now, he says that everyone was on EPO; that's why everybody was beating him the mountains. That immediately raises the question in my mind...was he lying then about being ill, or did he suspect doping in the peleton? If he suspected doping, why didn't he speak up then? I find this discrepancy to be a bit troubling about Mr. Lemond.

Lastly, and this I have never understood...EPO in the peloton is widely believed to have become widespread in the early '90s...why is it that nobody is calling for an investigation into Indurain?

Spot

Quote | Reply
guppie58 wrote:
I'm not really familiar with pro cycling scene, thus I'm more of an outsider looking at this. I read how he has never failed a drug test.
But people say he used the best drugs available so he could mask the drugs. So based on hearsay he is being banned?

If this were a criminal case an average defense attorney would shred the prosecutor. Two days ago Derek Jeter was associated HGH because he's having an MVP season. Based on his performance and the fact so many people were caught using HGH then MLB should immediately ban Jeter (assuming we use the same parameters as USADA).

The media has already stripped LA of his titles.

Again I havent followed LA case closely just giving an outsider perspective.

So basically could Jeter be banned based on the probable (as we have very little info on witnesses on the LA) testimony of Roger Clemens, Jason Giambi and Jose Canseco without any positive test.... or maybe even on the probable testimony of not dubious guys but long time teammates like Posada or Rivera.............. I ask myself the same question............

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
I don't care if Lance wants to hear or not. As a taxpayer, I want to hear it.

and you will, as soon as the other arbitrations are finished. USADA said they'll release it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
LAA1125 wrote:
Well said. By the way, how do we know that LeMond didn't dope? For example, look at the 1990 TdF results:

1 Greg LeMond (USA)Z90h 43' 20"2 Claudio Chiappucci (ITA)Carrera Jeans-Vagabond+2' 16"3 Erik Breukink (NED)PDM+2' 29"4 Pedro Delgado (ESP)Banesto+5' 01"5 Marino Lejarreta (ESP)ONCE+5' 05"6 Eduardo Chozas (ESP)ONCE+9' 14"7 Gianni Bugno (ITA)Chateau d'Ax+9' 39"8 Raúl Alcalá (MEX)PDM+11' 14"9 Claude Criquielion (BEL)Lotto-Superclub+12' 04"10 Miguel Indurain (ESP)Banesto+12' 47"

If LeMond didn't dope, he then beat several riders who were at least linked to doping allegations, i.e. Chiappucci (came from nowhere to be a star), Breukink (remember the 1991 TdF), Delgado (positive). This was one the arguments that many people used against Lance Armstrong to support that he used PEDs. Also, in 1989 he beat Fignon (who later admitted to doping) and Delgado.

A VO2 in the 90s certainly has nothing to do with it. Seriously, doping changed radically in the early nineties, and we're talking about very different returns on pharmaceuticals . Not the same argument; nor has anyone to my knowledge suspect Lemond of condoning a team-wide medical program. Seriously, learn more about Lemond and his performances before going on in this direction.

I followed cycling since the mid-80's, so I have an understanding of LeMond's performances. I also have a signed copy of his book after he won the 1986 tour. I think the comparison of LeMond beating riders who doped to Armstrong also beating dopers as evidence of doping is a fair comparison. But considering the era, I will agree that it's not apples to apples comparison.

As far as systematic team doping, that was probably the Dutch teams (PDM, Panasonic, etc.) of the very early 90's. I also remember an article in Winning about several dutch riders dying due to heart failure and then later being suspected of EPO. Then probably Gewiss team in 1994 was probably the best early example of successful team doping.

I agree that LeMond had a massive engine (VO2 around 92-94), and all things being equal was the best rider during that era, pre-1987. I also have trouble believing that he was completely clean after his accident in 1987. His performances were awful until 1989 tour (or more specificially the final Giro TT)(beating Sean Kelley in a sprint at the worlds was also interesting). Then in 1990, he went from hanging on in the climbs to being the top climber (although Breukink was the best rider in the tour). Even though his performances since the 1989 worlds were again subpar.

My point is that after watching cycling for 25 years, I'm suspicious of every cyclists' performance. And I don't think any cyclist in that era deserves a free pass.

If you want a meaningful discussion on the topic, I'm more than happy. But calling me out on not knowing my facts is uncalled for considering I think my comparison was fair.

Jeez...this topic has already killed my training day and is now killing my work product.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
Where should we start? USADA was created in 2000. I'm pretty sure Lance was still racing then. Ah, yes, the UCI is defending Lance. The esteemed Professional association governing his sport. This was the very governing body that has such high ethical standards that it accepted "donations" from an athlete that it was responsible with regulating. Finally, it seems pretty evident that USADA is willing to present its evidence. In fact, with his decision, Lance is the one preventing the presentation of evidence. Indeed, the process would have afforded Lance two opportunities to present evidence and fight the charges: First in arbitration and then before the CAS. How many chances does he really need?

You obviously think you're clever with your reference to Kafka, but perhaps you should think through your argument a little more because it doesn't seem very relevant to the facts of this case.

Ah well, at least you know who Kafka is.

Once again, as I pointed out in the first post, appearances are everything.
I have no concern or care which sort of witch he is. But you obviously do.
And facts are something which seem to be in short supply here. Only, "lets make a deal"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [Philb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward, here is where I find the most troubling from a sport's prospective. What does it say about your doping controls/system if it's really not believed?

I say it's troubling, but I atleast applaud cycling vs sports like football/baseball with it's weak ass doping policies. Someone on ESPN tried to compare the 2, and talked about how cycling is the dirtest sport. No, it's not the dirtest sport, it's just among the most truthful about *attempting* to make it care about doping.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next