Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ku Cycle [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perception of speed could be visually achieved by having strong horizontality, exactly like you guys did with the logo.
The bike has the opposite - strong vertical lines. That's why it looks a bit weird.

But triathlon in general is very anti-aesthetic. All those bright suit colors, large helmets, large logos, etc. :) So it's not an issue.

In general I like it. A lot of interesting innovations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
I've been riding the bike since July,

Jeroen

Hello Jeroen,
I had such an old white Canyon Speedmax, and when I changed 5 years ago to a P5 there was a noticeable difference in comfort: the Cervelo swallowed bumps a lot better than the Canyon. I read that the PX/P3X is also very comfortable.
So you feel my question coming: How is the KU in this respect?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oooo Jeroen!

this explains why Alex Bok sent me a friend request :)

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:
I've been riding the bike since July,

Jeroen

Hello Jeroen,
I had such an old white Canyon Speedmax, and when I changed 5 years ago to a P5 there was a noticeable difference in comfort: the Cervelo swallowed bumps a lot better than the Canyon. I read that the PX/P3X is also very comfortable.
So you feel my question coming: How is the KU in this respect?

It is stiff, power transfer is extremely good.
I own a P5disc, Andean and have ridden in the last 5 years Trek SC, Felt IA and recently also P3X. So you can say I can compare a bit.
I have quite some long and intensive rides done on the TF1 and it imo not less comfortable then my P5d or any other of the mentioned bikes. In some maybe even more I would say.
But that might be also due to the elastomer absorber that sits below the seatpost.

I have to be honest, at first I didn’t think it was that useful as a ‘shock absorber‘ but in this case I had to admit to Richard McAinsh, the designer of the bike and also the designer of many 3T carbon (aero)bars, was right. The frame is super stiff so that shock absorber just does its job very well that you don’t feel any negatives on that frame stifness.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
oooo Jeroen!

this explains why Alex Bok sent me a friend request :)

Hi Ann,

No, that’s just Alex likes you sóóóó much :-):-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This frame seems built to be aggressive with position.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
This frame seems built to be aggressive with position.

Not necessarily, because it is built rider specific you can have it more or less aggressive to your liking. And still have room to adj́ust your pad stack and reach over quite a large range.
That is the beauty of this rider specific frame design. You and your fitter determine how you want to be positioned, what range of adjustability you need for the future and the frame is built that way for you.
You can even decide the front center distance so you can predict the bike handling.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ShawnF wrote:
Just saw this press release come across...a collaboration between Alex Bok (TeamTBB) and a Formula One engineer Robert McAinsh. Quite a bit of info and data on the website.

http://www.ku-cycle.com

i think you mean richard mcainsh. he wasn't just a formula one engineer, he designed a lot of really intriguing stuff for 3T way back when. i can't be certain of my memory, but i believe the 3T ventus aerobar, which was ahead of its time, was a mcainsh project. he didn't just come over from ferrari. he's been conversant with bike design for awhile.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i can't be certain of my memory, but i believe the 3T ventus aerobar, which was ahead of its time, was a mcainsh project. he didn't just come over from ferrari. he's been conversant with bike design for awhile.

Your memory hasn't failed. He turned to the light side well over a decade ago.
Also the Verve infocrank powermeter
Quote Reply

Prev Next