Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ku Cycle
Quote | Reply
Just saw this press release come across...a collaboration between Alex Bok (TeamTBB) and a Formula One engineer Robert McAinsh. Quite a bit of info and data on the website.

http://www.ku-cycle.com

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have hated almost every new tri bike design of the last 5 years and I love this.

Seems like it will cost a fortune with every bike being custom though.
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks very interesting, seems like they are doing some of the more "innovative" aero concepts. large gap between front wheel and down tube. specialized and hope lotus style forks. also looks heavy, and having the aerobars potentially well below the top of the steerer box thing seems potentially dangerous?
Last edited by: zoso2220: Oct 14, 20 21:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the packing box idea. But won't it require disconnecting all cables/hoses?
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [zoso2220] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez that is one butt ugly bike. Not even a mother could love that.

I take back all last week's words that the new Plasma 6 was the fugliest thing I'd seen with 2 wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't agree more. I assume this is the new bike brand Jeroen was talking about a few weeks ago. Sure it looks like it tests fast, but if you're paying for your own bike you still want it to look good. A 2% drag cost is a price worth paying when you're shelling out big money.

On the flip side it's good to see them attempt to challenge the market place, so good luck to them. Luck will be needed with this monster.
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I have hated almost every new tri bike design of the last 5 years and I love this.

The bike retails for € 10.999 incl. the travel box.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This seems to be the project Jeroen (Tripro) was working on. You may like or not the design but we definitely have to acknowledge the « out of the box » thinking and the work their team have put together to produce innovative parts!

To me this is way more innovative than the recent releases (E-119 mainly). It has that huge gap behind the front wheel in common with the Plasma 6 which to me seems like a trend the industry will be moving to.

Anyways, kudos Jeroen and team!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [zoso2220] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoso2220 wrote:
looks very interesting, seems like they are doing some of the more "innovative" aero concepts. large gap between front wheel and down tube. specialized and hope lotus style forks. also looks heavy, and having the aerobars potentially well below the top of the steerer box thing seems potentially dangerous?

Actually the design is 'older' then Specialized's and the Lotus design. And there is no danger at all having the aerobar at that point. I've been riding the bike since July, in several different positions up and down the Steerer Pivot BOX and there is no handling issue at any of the positions.
The gap between the front wheel and the down tube is already very nice explained by Kienle in the Plasma 6 video :-) The weight is in that Cervelo P3X range. Both, and more tri bikes, feel 'heavy' I had the same with the Diamondback Andean but when riding I just notice it. I also own a P5disc which is lighter, but not that much. Less then 700 grams. And I don't use it to go up a mountain :-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
I like the packing box idea. But won't it require disconnecting all cables/hoses?

With the HAS (hydraulic adavanced systems) you can connect and disconnect the hydraulic hoses without losing pressure like they also use in the F1 race cars.
We have been doing this for quite some time since Feb. when the first bikes arrived to see what happened with the power of teh brakes.
I couldn't believe it myself at first at all. But it works like a charm. And the rest is Sram Force with Red brake levers so there are no electric wires through the frame.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Geez that is one butt ugly bike. Not even a mother could love that.

I take back all last week's words that the new Plasma 6 was the fugliest thing I'd seen with 2 wheels.

You know, in all honesty when they showed me the first bikes really early this year I thought what the hell is that!
But I had that very same thing when I saw the Cervelo P5X and with some other bikes as well, which I now really like.
It has to grow on you or at least it did in my case :-).Now I just love it!

And the fact that I can have the paint job done how I like it is really cool

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I think it indeed looks fugly, I agree that it might grow on you (or might not, time will tell). Next to that: beauty is in the eye of the beholder and surely speed matters most.

What I do have questions about:

First: is there enough room for a cage/bottle-style BTA (not sure if you can move it back quite enough). I have short arms/extension and my BTA needs to be between the cups (or almost, give the fact that elbows need to be close as well).

Second question is how a bento box looks/fits on here. Will be move too much to the rear, and will have ugly/slow gap with that high rising top-tube.

Third question, not sure, but I don't see other areas where to carry food/flat kits (for long distance and/or training).

[edit 1] I see a toolbox now [/edit]
[edit 2] I see a nose cone box as well, not sure how much food it might hold, but guess my questions are almost answered[/edit]
Last edited by: Cnasta: Oct 15, 20 3:09
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
While I think it indeed looks fugly, I agree that it might grow on you (or might not, time will tell). Next to that: beauty is in the eye of the beholder and surely speed matters most.

What I do have questions about:

First: is there enough room for a cage/bottle-style BTA (not sure if you can move it back quite enough). I have short arms/extension and my BTA needs to be between the cups (or almost, give the fact that elbows need to be close as well).

Second question is how a bento box looks/fits on here. Will be move too much to the rear, and will have ugly/slow gap with that high rising top-tube.

Third question, not sure, but I don't see other areas where to carry food/flat kits (for long distance and/or training).

[edit 1] I see a toolbox now [/edit]
[edit 2] I see a nose cone box as well, not sure how much food it might hold, but guess my questions are almost answered[/edit]

There is special tubeless storage unit at the Steerer Pivot Box that can hold a CO2 catridge, inflator head and a Dynaplug micro pill. The bike is designed with a tubeless set up in mind.
And there is a 'BTA' and storage specialy designed to sit in line with the top tube. With the extensive aerotesting we did in August with Gebiomized and Hycys we have seen this a great spot.
And having the bottle there and the weight not on the aerobar can improve the handling specialy for smaller female riders

Last edited by: TRIPRO: Oct 15, 20 4:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the website there is a picture of the modular design. I can imagine how the custom stack is achieved. But what about reach? Which part is lengthened?

Is the €10k price for Force/FFWD build?
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
On the website there is a picture of the modular design. I can imagine how the custom stack is achieved. But what about reach? Which part is lengthened?

Is the €10k price for Force/FFWD build?

The reach is a combination and the determent by the frame part which is avaliable in a long an short option,
It is that modular piece that sits attcahed to the BB.You can see this as well on the website by pictures.
But also with the piece attached to that, the piece of frame that attaches to the SPB, steerer pivot box.

Basicly, when you know where you want you armpads to be in space related to the BB there is this 'box' in space where you can have them.
This box is about 10 x 10 cm so you can move your armpads in this box of 'space' and see what position you want to have and then how much adjustability in spacers above or below, how much adjustable you want them to have fore and aft and then the rider specific frame design is designed with you, your fitter and the engineer of the bike, Richard McAinsh,
It is really a personalized process.
I ordered 2 bikes with the same fit coordinates possible, 1 with a front center of 620 and I wanted one to see what happens if you would make one with a really long front center in 650.
That last one is a bit of an personal experiment ;-)

But my armpad stack and reach are possible in both configurations.

So together with your fitter, your personal wishes on how tha bike will handle and Richard you will get a very rider specific designed frame.

The price is with the Sram Force/Red/Zipp Vuka AXS built including the travel case. The wheels wil be of KĂş as well.
At the fotoshoot we didn't have them yet, but we do now and they are very nice wheels. The set in 82/62 mm. Wide rim.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree that is one ugly bike. I don't see them selling many of those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
TThe bike is designed with a tubeless set up in mind.

Then they might reconsider their pictures showing a GP Force.

Specs do say GP5000 TL
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

TThe bike is designed with a tubeless set up in mind.

Then they might reconsider their pictures showing a GP Force.

Touché, ;-) but at the time of the photoshoot the proprietary wheels weren't available yet. Or better said the XDR hubs for them, so we had to set up the bikes for that moment with different wheels sets.
Sometimes you have these small setback's but when everybody else like photographers and all stuff is arranged that happens.
But the design was designed around the use of tubeless that's why they dis that very easy access TSB unit at the Steere Pivot Box in case of a larger puncture. No need to take the bike upside down, just grap the Dynaplug micro pill, plug thhole and inflate with Co2 catridge. Very easy and fast

Jeroen

Specs do say GP5000 TL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to be one of the ugliest bikes I have seen in a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like to see people innovating!

Does the bike require proprietary wheels to accommodate the wide fork? Is there any way to use an adapter for standard wheelsets?

The front wheel offset seems HUGE. If you wanted to ride this bike on a technical course, how will it handle?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r-b wrote:
Agree that is one ugly bike. I don't see them selling many of those.

I hear ya. But, the reality is that others have beaten them to the ugly punch such that this isn’t as offensive to me as it might have been 5 years ago. Diamondback, Tririg, Ceepo, Ventum, Cervelo, etc have all paved the way for “ugly” tri bikes, even taking into consideration personal preferences. I couldn’t stand the looks of the Andean when it first came out. Now, I sorta like the looks. I probably won’t buy this but aesthetics won’t be the reason if I don’t.
Quote Reply
Re: Ku Cycle [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I like to see people innovating!

Does the bike require proprietary wheels to accommodate the wide fork? Is there any way to use an adapter for standard wheelsets?

The front wheel offset seems HUGE. If you wanted to ride this bike on a technical course, how will it handle?

No, you can use any dusc brake wheel set as used in other road bikes. The FFWD wheels in the pics are just standard high and wide rims.

It looks larger then it is, but as posted above you can get your frame rider specific so you can choose the front center you would like matching the rest of your fit coordinates.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

The bike retails for € 10.999 incl. the travel box.

Jeroen

Hope the travel box is better looking that that bike.

I wouldn't ride that even if they paid me 10k !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the head tube angle nearly vertical?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
The bike is designed with a tubeless set up in mind.

Ugh. Tubeless for anything less than 30C tires sucks. Especially if you only ride the bike infrequently.
Quote Reply

Prev Next