Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far it looks like it is pretty static for all 3 groups on the road, just a few seconds thus far of compression to the leaders. So like I thought, any moves are going to come a lot later than usual, the depth of the bike strength here is so close, that it will take 80 miles to tell who is and who is not on today..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First time at Kona but when I swam out around the boat yesterday I felt like I was getting pulled back out in the Ocean when I turned to come back in. Most of my triathlons are in the Oceans in Florida so I'm familiar with currents, just not typical Kona.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep - something seems not right with ryf. Even her cadence seems much slower on bike than usual. It’s early so who knows but she tends to look a lot different at this stage when she is going to romp…..could make race much more interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will say this once, but it will cover for Saturday also.
The commentators should use the splits.
They will tell you who is biking and running the fastest.
Then you do not have to talk about what happened years ago, you can comment on the actual race.

Other than that the coverage is great.

Nice to have a women race only.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Canuck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Ryf/Philip/Haug group is steadily closing the gap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canuck1 wrote:
Yep - something seems not right with ryf. Even her cadence seems much slower on bike than usual. It’s early so who knows but she tends to look a lot different at this stage when she is going to romp…..could make race much more interesting.

my rule of thumb with ryf is that you'll probably know by about 100 to 140k into the bike what's happening with her. if she hasn't shifted into another gear by that point and started burying the competition, then i reckon she's off and won't feature all day.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
So far it looks like it is pretty static for all 3 groups on the road, just a few seconds thus far of compression to the leaders. So like I thought, any moves are going to come a lot later than usual, the depth of the bike strength here is so close, that it will take 80 miles to tell who is and who is not on today..

Liking Lisa Norden’s strategic position right now.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryf just looked a bit ragged to me, I didn’t get the impression she was holding back for a big push late in the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah even since I typed that she seemed to look better. Agree - if she even holds even for 120k she has unleashed a wicked final 60k in the past. I just thought on a few times she was on screen she just didn’t look quite right but prob nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canuck1 wrote:

Yep, now lost the wheel of Phillip, sticking to my something not right
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sarah Crowley 5 min position foul

And Laura Philip also a penalty
Last edited by: MrTri123: Oct 6, 22 11:46
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:

are they?

i'm looking at the obstri tracker which has them at 5:30ish, which would be what, 30 second in 30 miles, so far?

also: damn, penalty for crowley. i liked her chances today.

some of those bigger groups are riding a little dicey - careful girls!

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laura Philip penalty. Ruh Roh
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now phillip

“The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?”- Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laura too!

Hate to see drafting penalties becoming a big factor in the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

are they?

i'm looking at the obstri tracker which has them at 5:30ish, which would be what, 30 second in 30 miles, so far?

also: damn, penalty for crowley. i liked her chances today.

some of those bigger groups are riding a little dicey - careful girls!

My read was that the first chase was losing time to LCB, the 2nd chase holding steady, and the Ryf group gaining slightly. Let’s wait until after Hawi to measure more closely.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scenicRoute wrote:
Laura too!

Hate to see drafting penalties becoming a big factor in the race.

Yup gonna hurt Ryf also with less people to work with.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The coverage of the chasing pack there looked like they were all drafting, plus the Moro nicely to the side of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a gift to the leading riders, taking out two of the podium contenders and sitting them down for 5 minutes. And now also takes a lot of the firepower from that group, thus slowing them down. And from what I could see, probably a bike length incursion into the zone, and not following through to the front..Otherwise dont see anyone really taking advantage..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
becca clarke just shown a card now, too?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - this is why I would vote for the 20m draft rule, so then you give a little more leeway for momentary incursions to 18m which have way less draft impact than bouncing between 10-12m.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
What a gift to the leading riders, taking out two of the podium contenders and sitting them down for 5 minutes. And now also takes a lot of the firepower from that group, thus slowing them down. And from what I could see, probably a bike length incursion into the zone, and not following through to the front..Otherwise dont see anyone really taking advantage..

If I had race radio I’d tell Langridge to start working.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't mind the penalties -- I just hope they were all clear cut & that athletes were adequtely warned that drafting zones would be strictly enforced since continuity seems to be an issue in this area. Would be down for bigger draft zones in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tracker says AG men are due to race today, but they're yet to even start ... when are they scheduled to start?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcpinsonn wrote:
I don't mind the penalties -- I just hope they were all clear cut & that athletes were adequtely warned that drafting zones would be strictly enforced since continuity seems to be an issue in this area. Would be down for bigger draft zones in the future.

I'm glad to see the draft penalties enforced. We were all complaining after PTO Edmonton. I'm glad to see IM make the rules mean something. Maybe a bigger draft zone is warranted, but these are pros and they should be able to manage the rules as they currently are.
Quote Reply

Prev Next