Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep / FG is going to learn a few things I think.

And I’d guess a drafting penalty shortly and a lot of walking.

Bit too into the crowd stuff for me. Focus on your business.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theyellowcarguy wrote:
fulla wrote:
what is youtube comments' obsession with noel mulkey? i know he has appeared in some of joe skipper's youtubes but not sure what the big deal is? do people seriously expect the coverage to show him?

Noel has a big following but could care less about his progress in the race. This is the pro women's race coverage.

This is the way.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm watching on Peacock and lost the audio, but the closed captioning is still going.

Weird.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you see the ref moto sitting right next to her
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im afraid that FL is going to get a penalty if she is not super careful. She rides that super fine line when in the rears, and a lapse moment and not pulling through is going to get her. I really hope not, she has earned her spot on the front here from the get go. Maybe she doesn't know about all the penalties behind her, she would not have seen them..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Canuck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canuck1 wrote:
Yep / FG is going to learn a few things I think.

And I’d guess a drafting penalty shortly and a lot of walking.

Bit too into the crowd stuff for me. Focus on your business.

She's already had one? Or you mean she's sitting too close to LCB?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how is Langridge NOT getting a drafting penalty?

She has been way too close for way too long.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the hell happened to Nordin? Gone backwards, she should have one of the strongest bikes in the field!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
What the hell happened to Nordin? Gone backwards, she should have one of the strongest bikes in the field!

Drafting penalty.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
fenella is drafting lucy... she had energy to fist pump crowds on way by... with motos helping both

By now she’s got the distance dialed. I don’t think the refs are being sympathetic.

Story: in 2018 at the amateur only IMFL I swam a 58 high and was at the front end of my AG and the race overall. Coming out or T1 I felt pretty good and started pac manning up all the people in front of me and also got rolled up by a few guys behind. There were some individuals up front solo that we were never going to catch and so after 15min we had scooped up everyone we were going to scoop up and that was it… a pace line of 10-12 guys for the next 4hrs.

Riding in a Kona style pace line is VERY mentally draining… intense focus. I felt like I was in a long no-limit hold ‘em poker session. Moto sitting next to you for 20min monitoring. The smell of exhaust. Rotating thru. 4hrs later I let my attention wander and got a drafting penalty. It was a 15 second lapse in focus. Moto right there to take note.

All that to say Hawaii must be very hard and I hope Langridge doesn’t get popped because she’s pushing the line IMO.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know why True is out? Mechanical? Illness? Crash? …?

I was really hoping she’d e in the mix today. I believe she’s got the engine she just needs to put it all together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
And how is Langridge NOT getting a drafting penalty?

She has been way too close for way too long.

Many people are saying.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m amazed that Sodaro and McCauley escaped, they looked very close and all the rest of their group got popped.

Ryf, Bleymehl and Haug were very close too.

Be interesting to see how LCB runs today.

Still think if Haug holds this gap she is the e favourite. Sodaro got a strong chance too if she maintains a small gap.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haug from this position has it in the bag if you ask me, obviously still a long way to go but she's the easy favourite for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
I’m amazed that Sodaro and McCauley escaped, they looked very close and all the rest of their group got popped.

Still think if Haug holds this gap she is the e favourite. Sodaro got a strong chance too if she maintains a small gap.

TV looks like a lot are drafting (some are obviously) but keep an eye on the reflectors on the road. They are exactly 12M. The refs use them to determine the draft zone and were told to do the same.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

TV looks like a lot are drafting (some are obviously) but keep an eye on the reflectors on the road. They are exactly 12M. The refs use them to determine the draft zone and were told to do the same.

Yeah from one angle it looked like LF was 2/3m back from LCB, but then the camera moved and it looked much more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Haug from this position has it in the bag if you ask me, obviously still a long way to go but she's the easy favourite for me.

No way. Ryf can run.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And, at this position, it's likely that LCB doesn't make the top 5

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, are there any Round Mound of Rebound jokes that I haven’t heard?

E

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im not ready to give the race to anyone at the moment, but if I had to chose a podium right now, it would be Ryf/Soldaro/Haug in no particular order at the moment..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
And, at this position, it's likely that LCB doesn't make the top 5

"likely" seems like a big stretch

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

2 mins ago
Last edited by: MrTri123: Oct 6, 22 14:27
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Im not ready to give the race to anyone at the moment, but if I had to chose a podium right now, it would be Ryf/Soldaro/Haug in no particular order at the moment..

I’m with you. Not sure about the order but that looks like the podium. What a Kona debut for Sodaro.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes but that still shot was taken at a bottle/trash drop, I saw that too. I believe the Marshalls are giving leeway during aid stations and trash drops, as they should..

Lucy still doing typewriter and now rocking a bit. Hope that is not indicative of her falling off too soon here..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Yes but that still shot was taken at a bottle/trash drop, I saw that too. I believe the Marshalls are giving leeway during aid stations and trash drops, as they should..

Lucy still doing typewriter and now rocking a bit. Hope that is not indicative of her falling off too soon here..

Good point Monty

Thanks I looked away and looked back at the TV. Didn’t realize it was a bottle drop

Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next