Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make that another Ooomph, and the hat on the right. Also, whoever the blonde model is, unless its your wife, in which case if she is a triplet, I'll take the other two. I'll have them back by Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the shirt in the middle is my vote.

also, i would put the writing on the back of the t so the image is the only thing in front. it's starting to look like a nascar hood.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahahaha....yes, it's the wife....she has the one sister only....but we know all about this and I wouldn't want to be indirectly accused again of starting OT's again....

Looks like Oomph are kicking ass.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close-up of the Oomph material:

I asked if this would be a problem with the design on it...the answer was: "No problem. I wish I could send you a sample, but we don't have one yet as they are all in production right now. Brand new T. It will be fine though. Mesh will hold a screen regardless -- you will just continue to see the texture." Chris Artibello, http://www.oomphsports.com

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep fearing people will not see this:

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of us who get pit stains on their shirts, the Oomph style with the white area right at the arm pits would truly be a disaster waiting to happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must say I like the oomph shirt the best, and the one on the left (hincapie?) comes in second.

put me down for a hat and two shirts (one white, one black)

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the original pic. I manipulated to get the one of the far left....Hincapie sublimated technical

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Last edited by: sperera: Dec 16, 04 6:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want a shirt that is a comfortable T-shirt, that's the Leslie Jordan one - far right. The fabric is technical, the design is traditional. I like mine a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked Hincapie about what sublimation meant, this is the answer:

Sublimation means that the ink is inside the fabric. This differs greatly from a screen printed t-shirt. When you screen print a t-shirt you "glue" a bunch of ink to the outside of the fabric. We sublimate the t-shirt and put the ink inside the actual fabric.

It's the same technology we use for cycling jerseys. compare your cycling jersey to a screen printed t-shirt and you will quickly see the extreme difference between the two.

The benefits of sublimation are enormous:
-You can go crazy with design, printing on any surface of the shirt with almost any pantone color, because there are no screens to set up.  We don't have specific printable areas on the shirt.  You can print the entire shirt if you want to. You can't have designs that cross the seams, but you have extreme flexibility in design. We print all the fabric before we assemble the shirt, so you can "go crazy", as you said.

-The ink will not crack over time, even if you print the entire shirts, because the ink is inside the fabric.  The shirts are very fade resistant and hold their colors nicely.
-You retain the performance properties of the fabric.  In our case, the Hincapie DryBody shirt will wick moisture in the printed areas.  This is great for athletes, but works well for non-athletes too.  Athletes are usually the only people in tune with fabric performance, but it's not hard to win over non-athletes with the comfort of a performance t-shirt.  Screen printed shirts are like sweat magnets under the screened areas, because the ink that is screened on doesn't let the fabric breathe like it should.

I will try to take a photo of a plain white t-shirt, but I don't understand why you need that.  We will make the shirt look exactly like your artwork. It will look like what you sent to me. We can also make something crazier if you want to. You can print anywhere on the shirt. We can do fades and background images. You can print the sleeves, collar, chest, belly...for the same price I quoted you!  No screen charges. No set up charges. It's pretty simple really. 

Steve Baker
Hincapie Sportswear, Inc.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say we go with Oomph.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure which is which is which, but I like the one in the middle.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From left to right:

Hincapie -Oomph - LeslieJordan

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
STOP THE PRESS - Craft have come in with a quote....to be fair to them, our man SuperDave contacted them directly for me so hence why they have not replied earlier.....I will post their price and image asap.

I'm looking at a decision by Monday...that'll give any weekend Tribe members the chance to see this.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are doing a fantastic job on this! I'm for the Ooomph.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for the one in the middle. Put me down for a shirt and a hat.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [chrisc70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo are quoting for this too.....

......stand by for their quotes. Man, we are trully flattered by Oomph, Hincapie, Craft, Cervelo, LeslieJordan interest on this....they are coming in off their own accord.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work for Craft now as well and have all the new news regarding their custom active T, their custom sublimated Nordic and Cycling wear, and their soon to be released CUSTON triathlon clothing. We're doing custom base layers too.

Very nice stuff, and certainly not Hanes T-shirt pricing.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oomph!

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post in the quote here rather than messaging me...it's gonna end up here anyway SuperDave....thanks for your hard work too on this.....post the prices please....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo.

www.cervelo.com/apparel/2005/Before-Sunrise.html#Images

I am waiting for qoutes plus an image of the short-sleeve Tee....you can see the long-sleeve version here....and read about it's technical merits.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Latest news: waiting for Craft and Cervelo quotes.

Cervelo are going to send me images of their technical tee-shirt with our graphics placed on them (digitally for visual purposes).....their art department are graciously doing this for us. Nice one Cervelo.

I'll post as soon as possible. Oomph, by the way, seem to have the most votes so far....though it's only fair we wait on Craft and Cervelo before a final decision though.

I tell you what though.....the spirit of these companies is fantastic....none of them are projecting sour grapes if they don't get to do them....and you know what....we could be making a load of money for charity.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Hincapie, although any one would be OK in my book

So far, definitely Oomph!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, the more I think about it, the Oomph is almost "too technical". Like you'd look silly wearing it around after a race, which where I'd see myself wearing one. I'd prefer either of the 2 others.

Of course it does have 90% of the votes.

Prev Next