Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I getting some things together and I will be the shipping clerk. More to come.

The design stays as but we do thank everyone and incourage the input. :-)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for a white cap.

Is the decision final on heat transfer logo (100 minimum) instead of the embroidered logo (300 minimum)? At such a great price, it would be a shame not to go for the embroidered logo -- plus it's inevitable that there will be significant demand for these long after the order has been placed. I understand that nobody should front the money for inventory beyond committed orders, however, I hope you realize that the issue is not 100 vs. 300. In fact the break even point is approx. 163 caps, based on the numbers you've provided.
  • 100 caps @ $5.65: cost = $565; Gross @ $15.65 = $1,565; Net to Charity = $1,000
  • 300 caps @ $5.17: cost = $1,551; Gross on 163 caps @ $15.65 = $2,551; Net to Charity = $1,000; 100% of all caps sold after 163 goes to Charity (all gravy after that ==> potential for Charity is $3,000)

Therefore, you can get superior hats (IMO) without charging ST'ers more while tripling the potential charity revenue. The key is that you are reasonably confident that you will sell 163 caps in the time frame you deem appropriate for this project. Also note that the downside risk is small as OOP costs would be covered with the first 99 caps sold.

This assumes that set-up charges are a wash and postage charges are covered directly as an add-on to the price.

Please note that I'm not trying to make your life more difficult by questioning a decision that has already been made. Rather, I want to make sure that this has been considered, as I didn't see any discussion along these lines so far.

I'm totally impressed with all you have done on this and the momentum you've generated so quickly.
Quote Reply
For what it is worth... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A transfer or silkscreen on that hat really doesn't make sense. The embroidery costs would be minimal and would provide a substantially better product. I have some experience with both applications..
Quote Reply
Re: For what it is worth... [Chris.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read the hat update.

Last edited by: Mr. Tibbs: Dec 14, 04 22:08
Quote Reply
Re: For what it is worth... [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. We posted at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: For what it is worth... [Chris.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do the embroidery, man. It's far classier and it'll stand out at pre- and post-race tri gatherings. Count me in, btw.

Tony
Quote Reply
Re: For what it is worth... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all depends on how much we order. If you can guarantee 300 we will sow it up.

Last edited by: Mr. Tibbs: Dec 14, 04 22:20
Quote Reply
Re: For what it is worth... [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the number, now? I'm in for a few, if it'll help.

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [Wags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I'm in for a white cap.

Is the decision final on heat transfer logo (100 minimum) instead of the embroidered logo (300 minimum)? At such a great price, it would be a shame not to go for the embroidered logo -- plus it's inevitable that there will be significant demand for these long after the order has been placed. I understand that nobody should front the money for inventory beyond committed orders, however, I hope you realize that the issue is not 100 vs. 300. In fact the break even point is approx. 163 caps, based on the numbers you've provided. [ul] [li][b]100 caps @ $5.65:[/b] cost = $565; Gross @ $15.65 = $1,565; Net to Charity = [#0000ff][b]$1,000[/b][/#0000ff] [li][b]300 caps @ $5.17[/b]: cost = $1,551; Gross on [b][#0000ff]163 caps[/#0000ff][/b] @ $15.65 = $2,551; Net to Charity = [#8000ff][b]$1,000[/b][/#8000ff]; 100% of all caps sold after 163 goes to Charity (all gravy after that ==> potential for Charity is [b][#0000ff]$3,000[/#0000ff][/b])[/li][/ul]

Therefore, you can get superior hats (IMO) without charging ST'ers more while tripling the potential charity revenue. The key is that you are reasonably confident that you will sell 163 caps in the time frame you deem appropriate for this project. Also note that the downside risk is small as OOP costs would be covered with the first 99 caps sold.

This assumes that set-up charges are a wash and postage charges are covered directly as an add-on to the price.

Please note that I'm not trying to make your life more difficult by questioning a decision that has already been made. Rather, I want to make sure that this has been considered, as I didn't see any discussion along these lines so far.

I'm totally impressed with all you have done on this and the momentum you've generated so quickly.[/reply]

Nice... I like this. Not being a finance guy, I would never have broken it down thusly.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay.....buenos dias Europe....day-time in Europe....I'm back.....I will read all emails and all posts and I will digest.....go "mmmmmmm" this tastes good and proceed.....

We are awaiting quotes from www.hincapiesports.com as we speak....thanks to 'tgarner' for the time he has taken to hook us up with Hincapie.....

All looking good.....SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.....wouldn't you all love to see Mr. Tibbs presenting cheques to charity in Triathlete magazine???????

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay...we have costs from www.oomphsports.com and our friend Chris Artibello...his email verbatim:

Shirt $14.50 -- for 200-250 units.
Screening -- 2 color front & 1 color back = $6.00
-- add drop to sleeve = $2.00
Set-up fee -- $35.00
Shipping $75.00-$100 (obviously depends on weight and ship option)
Please note Stephen, our shirts have a manufacturer's logo on the left sleeve.  That will not change.
Chris

For example...for 200 shirts thus:

$14.50 x 200 plus
$6 x 200 =
$4,100 plus $35 plus $75 (for example) = $21.05 per shirt plus shipping to wherever you are in the world - which won't be much for a shirt!!!!

Add to this the $10 for charity....

Approx. cost for the oomph Tees are:
$35 more or less all inclusive to your mailbox.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Last edited by: sperera: Dec 15, 04 1:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This, a post from Mr. Tibbs:

Hats! Happy hat update! Hats a plenty!
This is what is going down.

I am in the process of setting up on ebay. Orders for hats will be placed on my ebay account.

If I get over 300 orders we will go embroider. If not will go heat-treated.

Hat profit will go to T-shirts. This will allow us to cover the first wave of sells and have an inventory for those who want to buy more.

Orders should start by Friday.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are doing a fine job, and you're getting some sage advice. Lots of people talk about doing something, but having the catalysts around to actually act, as well as having willing participants, it's a bit unusual. It's an outstanding community we have here.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Latest update....quotes coming in from www.lesliejordan.com for the T-Shirts. They make technical tees too. Let's wait and see.

So here's the manufacturer shortlist that have contacted us:
Hincapie, Oomph and LeslieJordan

I will post up the 3 prices in one post along with visual samples and then we will decide....to be honest all 3 are being really helpful and positive and it'll be a bummer to choose just one as we have to.

Check back soon.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A tribute to all helping me with this....

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up"
O.W. Holmes
'Yankee from Olympus'

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"All looking good.....SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.....wouldn't you all love to see Mr. Tibbs presenting cheques to charity in Triathlete magazine??????? "

you're scaring me

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahahaha....isn't that what needs to be done to raise awareness for charities.....?????

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning sperera.

I just got off duty and couldn't wait to check out the progress of the sales. All looks good thus far, congrats! I'm just a stones throw from Demerly's store, so if there is anything that I can do to help let me know (providing Tom is helping out, I know how he likes to work in the shadows).

Jeff Morrow

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeff,
Yes...it's all looking promising....

Mr. Tibbs has taken on board setting up an account for PayPal orders so stay tuned.....I'm waiting on Hincapie and LeslieJordan quotes....both of whom have already made contact etc etc

Thanks for you offer of help.......hope the shift was quiet for you....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, The shift went well. I was able to get a good run in and get my weights done, without getting a call. That doesn't happen much!

Jeff Morrow

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....you're like that guy in the Ironman DVD of the 2002(?) race...the fireman who raced in rememberance of the 9/11 firefighters.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorta...but he beat me by 40 minutes in IMLP this year! He's my hero.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
....I can't even contemplate thinking about doing an Ironman.....still, I can be an IronCapdesigner or IronTshirtdesigner....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.....bump

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you all think of the Oomph shirt then?

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply

Prev Next