Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is this not the best triathlon pic of all time? [WHeinle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Out of curiosity, who finished third that day? I don't think I've ever heard.

RP
A young kid named....Greg Welch.

As much as I love Welchie (he gave the vertically challenged an Ironman Dream) I think this is one of the WORST triathlon pix of all time ...

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Is this not the best triathlon pic of all time? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd have to agree, simply because I thought of this photo just from reading the thread subject.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Is this not the best triathlon pic of all time? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me it was the pictures/air time of the women crawling and fallng over themselves 20 feet from the finish line. That was stupendous and something I think us normal people can relate to. I can't relate to two super awesome athletes going head to head like that. However, I can relate to two athletes suffering mere meters before the finish line. I think we have all been there. But I will agree it is a good photo.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this not the best triathlon pic of all time? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Is this not the best triathlon pic of all time? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< I was there myself that day - albeit way behind these legends( 9:40 finish for me).

that was my first Hawaii, and I was 12 minutes behind Fleck at the finish.

I was in that race too. I grabbed the official race results booklet and see I was in between you two guys. I went 9:53, Mike you were actually at 9:59. I must have passed you on the run. I recall that being a great day. Good conditions, not too windy, and a high overcast came in on the run. Watching the race from my perspective all I can remember thinking was, Wow! what an intense all day battle. I wonder who will crack?

Another memory was peeking over the other side of the Queen K and seeing the likes of Tom Warren, Paula, Pigg, Tinley and other legends locked in there own personal battles.

I ran in with a guy who turned out to be Rick O'Bryan from So Cal . He ended up just in front of me, we had very similar splits all day, but only introduced ourselves as we were coming down Palani Rd. He would go on to write columns for Triathlete Mag. in the Running section. Does anyone know what became of him?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this not the best triathlon pic of all time? [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. It is the best triathlon picture of all time. Where can I find a copy on the net?

I remember looking at that picture (or anothe one from that race) all afternoon after getting a triathlon magazine at lunch hour.

David K
Quote Reply
Re: Is this not the best triathlon pic of all time? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone have a bigger pic of the duel? I want to usr it as my background on my cpu
Quote Reply

Prev Next