Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [Danigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IM website isn't exactly user friendly at best. Mostly misleading... Anyone have any idea what races are actually left on the schedule between now and end of August?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

At this point in time 1/2 Ironman Galveston is still on:

We are a little over four weeks from race day and look forward to welcoming you back to Galveston for IRONMAN 70.3 Texas! It has been far too long since we stood together on Palm Beach and fired the start cannon. I speak for the entire team in sharing that we are all excited to get back to racing.

Getting to the start line this year has certainly been an interesting journey for all since the pandemic began, and while you may have seen or heard that IRONMAN Texas in The Woodlands was postponed, please be assured this does not impact IRONMAN 70.3 Texas as each event is evaluated on its own unique set of circumstances.

You’ve trained, persevered, and fought through adversity that we will never forget which has meant a great deal to our IRONMAN 70.3 Texas team. You have inspired our team to create the best event yet and cannot wait for you to prove Anything Is Possible.

We have been working tirelessly to get race day ready and wanted to share a few updates with you.

• Race day is on the horizon and we are busy wrapping up our planning meetings. I am excited to report that we just had another successful meeting with the City of Galveston, and we are on track for race day.

• The athlete guide will be posted by March 18. It’s very important that each athlete reads the athlete guide, so they are prepared for race weekend. Athletes will be required to select a check in time, more information on this will be sent you on this topic this Friday.

• We are excited to feature a brand-new swim start process for IRONMAN 70.3 Texas. The swim will be a self-seeded rolling start format. Athletes are strongly encouraged to self-seed based on their anticipated swim time, not based on their age group.

• All IRONMAN staff, volunteers and athletes will be required to wear face coverings while at the race venue.

• Moody Gardens, our amazing host partner, is excited to welcome back our athletes. Restaurants and other dining options at Moody Gardens will be open and available for athletes to enjoy. For athletes staying at Moody Gardens, face coverings are strongly encouraged for guests and required for employees.

• My favorite question of late, what have you been up to? Planning, planning, planning! Our Return to Racing guidelines are the best in the business, and they are thorough. We are ensuring that every aspect has been optimized to deliver a safe experience in line with our protocols while still delivering an exceptional racing experience for our athletes.

• IRONMAN Village will be open over race weekend, including the IRONMAN merchandise store and our expo vendors. A full list of vendors and hours of operation will be available on our event website soon.

• For those of you interested in qualifying for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship, we’re excited to have 60 slots available for the 2021 edition taking place in St. George, Utah.

• Race day doesn't happen without the support of our volunteers and host communities. If you have a friend or family interested in volunteering on race day please email us at IM70.3texas@ironmanvolunteers.com.
The countdown is on—just over four weeks to go. Soon you will be able to experience what’s truly special about racing IRONMAN 70.3 Texas: from the newly added rolling start format into a protected bay swim to the flat and fast ocean-side bike, to traversing the Moody Gardens attractions on the run course, our season kick off will not disappoint. In the meantime, please remember to review our event website, familiarize yourself with the Return to Racing details and follow us on Facebook for race day updates.

We wish you all the best and can’t wait to see you!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
jrielley wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
Stoping everything for the flu! Protect the few, ruin everybody’s else’s lives.

Deleted because I should know better.

Because my opinion is different from yours I should delete it. What I can’t have an opinion?

Well the issue is your “opinion” isn’t an opinion. It’s an ignorant, moronic and completely false statement. So yes you should delete it because it makes you sound like a dummy.

In my initial reply I said that thought was even dumb in March 2020 but why would I both trying to go back and forth with someone who doesn’t get it or doesn’t care. So maybe I should have just left my reply up to be more clear.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
jrielley wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

Because my opinion is different from yours I should delete it. What I can’t have an opinion?

No, he deleted his initial reply to you.

Once again... we need to explain this stuff to you because you’re a moron. You really need to be thankful you can swim, bike, and run incredibly well because your double digit IQ wasn’t going to help you much in life.

Wow your so smart, your reply is the same as last time. Why don’t you try an come up with something better.
I’m doing just fine in life! DAD! Thanks for asking. I’m not asking for you approval. Because who the fuck are you? A nobody!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:

I enjoy that you don’t often post on ST, but every time you do you make yourself look like a bigger asshole than the last time.

If that ain’t progression I don’t know what is, way to keep pushing the limit.

Last edited by: IKnowEverything: Mar 16, 21 19:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Covid has killed more people in just over a year than the flu has for the past 10 years. More Americans died from covid than WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and the war on terror. The US per capita COVID-19 death rate is double most other western countries.

So ya just the flu ???

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
jrielley wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

Once again... we need to explain this stuff to you because you’re a moron. You really need to be thankful you can swim, bike, and run incredibly well because your double digit IQ wasn’t going to help you much in life.

Wow your so smart, your reply is the same as last time. Why don’t you try an come up with something better.

*you’re

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
Covid has killed more people in just over a year than the flu has for the past 10 years. More Americans died from covid than WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and the war on terror. The US per capita COVID-19 death rate is double most other western countries.

So ya just the flu ???

your Facebook news feeds are a bit off. besides the inconsistency in attributing covid as the cause of death regardless of previous underlying condition, and the fact that the us tests more people than any other country which would obviously lead to more reported cases...sigh....basic facts don't support your claims,

one example....
Worldwide, the World Health Organisation estimates between 290,000 and 650,000 people die of seasonal influenza each year. how do you get 3 to 6.5 mil covid deaths?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a lot of local friends that have been sitting on indoor trainers doing 5 hour training sessions getting ready all winter ( I simply can not do it). They have been running in the cold and scheduling crazy swim time sessions so they could stay in shape.

Most had late 2020 events planned so they have been stretching their training - trying to get to the spring. Very difficult.

Training outside for an Ironman is unbelievable difficult - doing it inside is insane. How they will stretch it another 6-8 months I don't know, Very sad for everyone.

My heart goes out to every athlete hoping to race in Houston.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
jrielley wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

I’m doing just fine in life! DAD! Thanks for asking. I’m not asking for you approval. Because who the fuck are you? A nobody!!

I can guarantee I’ve done more for society than you have. Guaranteed. You want to compare resumes we can. That’s one finish line you won’t beat me to.

Your claim to fame is that you can sometime beat other unpaid amateurs to the finish line. Not taking anything away from you for that. It’s impressive. It still doesn’t mean a fucking thing in the grand scheme of things. You are and will always be a moron.

Every sport needs its dumb jocks. You’re triathlon’s dumb jock. Not good enough to be a professional dumb jock but one of the best amateur dumb jocks. Bravo, sir!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get it, and appreciate that Harris County was the rate limiting factor here. I also appreciate the timing, as the Woodlands just hosted a large marathon weekend two weeks ago.

Regardless, it sucks for all of you that trained all winter for a spring Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
jrielley wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

I can guarantee I’ve done more for society than you have. Guaranteed. You want to compare resumes we can. That’s one finish line you won’t beat me to.

Your claim to fame is that you can sometime beat other unpaid amateurs to the finish line. Not taking anything away from you for that. It’s impressive. It still doesn’t mean a fucking thing in the grand scheme of things. You are and will always be a moron.

Every sport needs its dumb jocks. You’re triathlon’s dumb jock. Not good enough to be a professional dumb jock but one of the best amateur dumb jocks. Bravo, sir!

While I don’t agree with Dan’s opinion, I think you are proving to be a bigger asshole than you credit him for being.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
danstu4 wrote:
jrielley wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

While I don’t agree with Dan’s opinion, I think you are proving to be a bigger asshole than you credit him for being.

I don’t think you’d be saying that if you read Dan’s posting history beyond when he posts about swimming, biking, and running.

What he posted is not an opinion. He’s been posting that stupid shit for the last year.

Trust me, just like I can’t out swim, out bike, or out run him... I can’t out asshole Dan Stubleski.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(applause) :)))))))

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commandersnake wrote:
Wait...

One thing I do not understand, is I thought TX was reopening 100% everything! What happened here? Did they realized they were being dumb AF and thus #1 in COVID infections in the entire Country along with FL & CA, or this is just a local decision going against the Governor?

I thought the Lone Star State was a free for all, there's no virus, burn all. the masks in the name of Freedom-pewpewpew????

With your logic, CA should be dead last in infections since they have been the most restrictive.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [Danigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danigirl wrote:
Anyone else get notified? Seems like Harris County said no to the bike course coming through.

Have to watch out for Covid on the bike course! It will get you!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [TED4289] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TED4289 wrote:
Danigirl wrote:
Anyone else get notified? Seems like Harris County said no to the bike course coming through.

As young as you double mask you will be ok according to the current science and data.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
TED4289 wrote:
Danigirl wrote:

As young as you double mask you will be ok according to the current science and data.
lmao. This is getting ridiculous
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
TED4289 wrote:
Danigirl wrote:

What’s the wind tunnel data say about that though?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Science wins, ignorance loses.

Whine all you want, but cancelling the race was the right call for the people living within the affected areas, wether they like it, or not.

Sad but true, most Texans are more worried about an imaginary FBI vehicle pulling over by their house to take their AR-15s, their liberties, and their beliefs, than about COVID. As you can read here, most people think it's either a hoax, or a simple runny nose. I'd say let them be, natural selection laws will take care of them, sooner or later.

Race is cancelled. Sad for everyone that trained for it, but we can't have it both ways. Most of the planet is wearing the same shoes, and the US is no exception (in fact is the worst example) in COVID management.

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Last edited by: commandersnake: Mar 17, 21 5:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
commandersnake wrote:

Whine all you want, but cancelling the race was the right call for the people living within the affected areas, wether they like it, or not.

Sad but true, most Texans are more worried about an imaginary FBI vehicle pulling over by their house to take their AR-15s, their liberties, and their beliefs, than about COVID. As you can read here, most people think it's either a hoax, or a simple runny nose. I'd say let them be, natural selection laws will take care of them, sooner or later.

Race is cancelled. Sad for everyone that trained for it, but we can't have it both ways. Most of the planet is wearing the same shoes, and the US is no exception (in fact is the worst example) in COVID management.

Science does win and covid/pandemics are a form of natural selection. You do believe in science right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
commandersnake wrote:
Sad but true, most Texans are more worried about an imaginary FBI vehicle pulling over by their house to take their AR-15s, their liberties, and their beliefs, than about COVID.

where do you live in texas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
commandersnake wrote:

When I saw you replied to my post I was hoping it was with aero data surrounding double mask usage on the bike course. I’m a bit disappointed.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
commandersnake wrote:

Sad but true, most Texans are more worried about an imaginary FBI vehicle pulling over by their house to take their AR-15s, their liberties, and their beliefs, than about COVID.

where do you live in texas?

I live in NYC, but numbers coming from TX are telling the compelling story I just mentioned. It's not my opinion, it's full beaches in TX & FL full of maskless party goers and people gathering to burn masks, versus NY beaches partially empty, and everyone masked AF.

When you look at apolitical numbers and stats, TX-CA-FL majority of people are simply ignoring COVID, hence their numbers.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas 140.6 Cancelled [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
commandersnake wrote:

When I saw you replied to my post I was hoping it was with aero data surrounding double mask usage on the bike course. I’m a bit disappointed.

ahahahaha this response cracked me up

Quote Reply

Prev Next