Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Looks like Ryf had a faster run split than Carfrae.

Ya, she had fastest bike and run splits and was only 4 sec behind the fastest swim split. She came close to reproducing Dave Scott's performance in October 1982 where he had the fastest splits in all three disciplines, but I would guess that there was considerably less competition on the men's side back then (3rd year of the race) than on the women's side now. In any case, Daniela certainly put on a very dominating performance.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: Oct 10, 16 11:22
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to sort by splits?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
PBT_2009 wrote:
so the commentator just quoted the 7 mins lost by potts to be specifically due to the tires being 25c, and not because they were gatorskins w/ butyls...so he said likely no one is running "wide" tires. that ridiculous answer aside...

can someone give us a real answer as to what % of pros are running 25s?

Not many. A few probably using 24c Turbo Cottons.

Rapp has/had stated he uses(d) 25c tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
PBT_2009 wrote:
so the commentator just quoted the 7 mins lost by potts to be specifically due to the tires being 25c, and not because they were gatorskins w/ butyls...so he said likely no one is running "wide" tires. that ridiculous answer aside...

Rapp runs turbo cottons. They only come in 24 or 26 mm. I believe he's running a 24/26 setup.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even the 24 measures 25 on wide rims

stevej wrote:
Billyk24 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
PBT_2009 wrote:

Rapp runs turbo cottons. They only come in 24 or 26 mm. I believe he's running a 24/26 setup.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! On the train to work this morning and I see Slowtwitch was quoted in the newspaper here in Zurich!

http://a68.tinypic.com/2utgo3t.jpg

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Just saw that too. Awesome.
Last edited by: Behan: Oct 10, 16 0:01
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She came close to reproducing Dave Scott's performance in 1980 where he had the fastest splits in all three disciplines

In 1980, John Howard had a faster bike split - 4:28 v. 5:03. Although Dave won the race by an hour.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
She came close to reproducing Dave Scott's performance in 1980 where he had the fastest splits in all three disciplines

In 1980, John Howard had a faster bike split - 4:28 v. 5:03. Although Dave won the race by an hour.

OK, I stand corrected then. Looking back at the early 80s results, it looks like it was Oct '82 when Dave had the fastest splits in all 3 sports, at least among the top 100 finishers. He went 50:52/5:10:16/3:07:15 to go 9:08:23, with Tinley 2nd in 9:28:28. This tri226.de site has all the Hawaii results back to 1978, and the language is actually in English. :)

http://www.tri226.de/...e=en&list=hawaii

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
schroeder wrote:

OK, I stand corrected then. Looking back at the early 80s results, it looks like it was Oct '82 when Dave had the fastest splits in all 3 sports, at least among the top 100 finishers. He went 50:52/5:10:16/3:07:15 to go 9:08:23, with Tinley 2nd in 9:28:28. This tri226.de site has all the Hawaii results back to 1978, and the language is actually in English. :)

Ha, I swam in college with the the fastest swimmer in 1982. Bill McCarthy who was a 200 fly guy. He finished about 200 m ahead of Dave Scott. I remember being surprised to see him get out of the water on the TV broadcast because it was about 4 years after I had stopped swimming. However, I don't know if he finished the race or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_9wfBVUH0

Now I see there were two races in 1982, so yeah, you are correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
schroeder wrote:

Ha, I swam in college with the the fastest swimmer in 1982. Bill McCarthy who was a 200 fly guy. He finished about 200 m ahead of Dave Scott. I remember being surprised to see him get out of the water on the TV broadcast because it was about 4 years after I had stopped swimming. However, I don't know if he finished the race or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_9wfBVUH0

Now I see there were two races in 1982, so yeah, you are correct.

Swimming is such a small world. Where did you and Bill swim???

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone ever find out what actually happened to Potts? Did her crash dismounting? get tangled up during the bike handoff? get taken out by someone else? I haven't been able to find anything on this after the web cast showed him laying on the ground trying to get to his feet.

John

Quote Reply

Prev Next